Quest Diagnostics Reviews

Reset
2.7
Quest Diagnostics CEO Steve Rusckowski
Steve Rusckowski

Pros
  • Good benefits that include education reimbursement (in 59 reviews)

• Great benefits with flexible PTO plan (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Don't expect support for upper management (in 27 reviews)

• In some areas of the laboratory there is no work life balance (in 13 reviews)

1. Quest Diagnostics opens up doors to advance your career for dedicated hard-working employees.

Current Employee - Management in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Management in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Time off and benefits are a plus. Having 27 days off in the first 3 years (includes sick time) is the most time I have seen from a company of this size. The Management team is very flexible with schedules. Directors/Managers/Analysts can work remote if proven to utilize good time management skills.

Cons

Glass ceiling does come in to play at some point. Data entry staff can be tough to manage due to lack of motivation. Communication between departments can be limited due to structure and competition.

Advice to Management

Weed out the dead weight. Management needs to retain the "potential and hard working staff" and cut off the staff that just "shows up" for work. Create an environment that gives the teams a sense of ownership.

2. Quest Diagnostics: A rewarding career, not so rewarding benefits.

Former Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician I (MLT) in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician I (MLT) in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Quest Diagnostics is a great place to work if one is looking for high quality, top-notch training and professional development that will be used for the rest of one's life. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help and answer questions within departments, or with clientele. It's a rewarding place to work because the work one does at Quest directly impacts the quality of life for individual patents all over the United States. The work one does allows the patient's physician to make accurate diagnoses and formulate the best possible treatment plan for the health and life of an individual patient. Knowing one is making a difference by the work they do on a daily basis is extremely rewarding.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have about my employment at Quest Diagnostics is that it had to end. The company lost it's largest account, the Health Alliance, and was facing inevitable lay offs. Without the additional work coming in from local hospitals, there was not enough work to keep their second shift employees with full time status. Another downside to working at Quest Diagnostics is the pay rate. While their hourly compensation is not horrible, in comparison with other diagnostic medical laboratories, it is still considerably less than the salaries offered by competing labs. As well as compensation, the benefit packages for employees could also be better. It seems as if the employee pays a lot of money for coverage, and then does not receive appropriate coverage.

Advice to Management

Listen to the needs and concerns of your employees, and address them with the utmost honesty and respect.

Good

Former Employee - Representative, Route Service II in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Representative, Route Service II in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

The pay was very very very good for my job. It was relatively simple as well. You could easily advance and apply for other positions if you wanted to. The supervisors were very nice, very helpful, easy to talk to, and personally. They gave great guidance to the employees, and were always looking better ways to do things. You could always talk to them about anything. Quest is a great place to work too. All the other employees are really nice as well. The driver position is always better than the other ones in lab though. Overall, its a great place to work.

Cons

Not too much career growth. The hours were a little spotty for my shift though.

Advice to Management

Great

5. Very satisfying place to work - you have an opportunity to make a genuine difference in how healthcare is delivered

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Great benefits, very satisfying job, encouraging and supportive management structure, Transparency & accountability at all levels

Cons

None - actually - is a great place to work

Advice to Management

Surya and his team are awesome!. The only suggestion I would offer is to increase awareness of Quest Diagnostics with consumers of healthcare - Quest is still a "best kept secret" in the healthcare world. I loved the courage shown by management in walking away from UHC's bullying tactics - and I bet every penny that risk will pay off positively for Quest.

6. One of the Best Places to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Benefits are pretty good and the pay is good. Lots of opprtunity if you want to assume various positions and or take advantage of the tuition education programs.

Cons

Need more help in the phlebotomy positions. They work very hard and have a big responsibility lots of job duties and low pay. It is a very difficult job dealing with people wno may not be feeling well.

Advice to Management

Be more concerned about the patients and not the field staffing levels. Put people in places to help patients and not TVs and computers

7. Great place to work

Former Employee - Interoffice Phlebotomist Floater in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Interoffice Phlebotomist Floater in Austin, TX

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Superior pay and benefits relative to competitors

Cons

In some ways you're just a body to fill a vacancy, but that comes with working for any large company. Overall, Quest Diagnostics looks after its employees very well.

Advice to Management

Supervisors should promote educational assistance benefits to staff.

8. Great ..... It's the best position I've ever held

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Work and family balance is great ....They try really hard to have a very open and free work climate as long as the work is moving ...

Cons

This years bonuses were really poor (could be economy).... but I see increased spending in other areas ... some serious questions on senior management's busness direction/decisions

Advice to Management

In lieu of our poor bonus payout .. some other compensation should've took it's place ..instead of just saying "sorry not great this year .. work harder and we'll see you next year maybe"

High volume, fast paced bench work. Overall a great learning experience.

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

On the job training on some of the newer diagnostic/analytical technologies, flexible work schedules, generous compensation.

Cons

Working weekends and no email for most of the lab staff so communication quite often breaks down across shifts.

10. An excelent learning experience.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist At A Doctors Office in Youngstown, OH
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist At A Doctors Office in Youngstown, OH

I worked at Quest Diagnostics

Pros

Some reasons to work at Quest Diagnostics, They not only care about there patients, they care about there employees.They work with u, not against you....

Cons

The only downside for me was I got laid off after i think 7 or 8 months because the doctors office i worked at, moved out of state.

Advice to Management

I cant say anything bad,or give advice, my supervisor was wonderful. she cried when she had no where to send me when my doctor moved.

11. Always recommend this company to friends and other job seekers.

Current Employee - Cytotechnologist in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Cytotechnologist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Quest Diagnostics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Wonderful colleagues. Blueprint for Wellness every year helps employees save on health premium and receive additional testing that is not routine. Great flexibility!!! Constantly improving. 401k Matching. Charity contributions locally and globally.

Cons

A decrease in Healthcare choices.

RSS Feed </> Embed