QuestPoint
www.questpoint.com Carlsbad, CA 50 to 149 Employees

QuestPoint Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Kai Hankinson

Hard work is rewarded. Honesty is appreciated. Employees are respected.

Carlsbad, CA

ProsMuch has been said of the culture, the perks, the atmosphere which are all AMAZING! Not enough has been said about the "ask and you shall receive" quality that is rare. As a former employee who has been through 2 layoffs I can only praise the company. The nature of any industry or any job is up and down and adjustments must be made and that can be hard. Have you ever worked for a company and asked them to please be honest with you? Were they? QuestPoint is. Feedback is praised, even if it's negative. Any conflict is an opportunity to change and do it better. We asked for accountability, we got it. We asked for transparency and it was given, even if the news wasn't what we wanted to hear. Most companies wouldn't even let you know. We were informed constantly. Approximately every 2 weeks.

It is unfortunate to have to read any negativity from anyone. Anyone saying anything negative should be ashamed. Knowing they were paid above industry standards. Knowing that benefits were covered and then some. Knowing that they weren't micromanaged and driven into the ground as some replaceable commodity. People didn't even have to provide their own food. The company works hard to take care of people to the best of their ability. If people stopped shopping at a store would that store be able to continue paying hundreds of employees? If that was the case, wouldn't you like to be told honestly right away?

QuestPoint cares - plain and simple. Caring in today's work force is so rare that I may never see the likes of that treatment again. Fight hard to get a job here. Bring your "A" game everyday. The stench of BS is detected a mile away. Know that you will work with awesome people that are working as hard as you, otherwise they wouldn't be there or won't be there much longer.

ConsThe nature of the industry. Working in any digital/internet/software related field people must be agile with the ebb and flow. When one thing doesn't work or has run it's course, it can take some time to pivot - that can mean long hours, hard work when you're already working hard and of course in the worst case - layoffs. These are the negatives of any industry.

Another con is that no matter how hard management works to kill politics, rumors, and general pithy behavior in their culture - people take themselves wherever they go. It takes one negative person or outlook to start poisoning a company from the inside. Due to their approach of responsibility with accountability it can take some time to weed out these bad seeds. Don't let that poison you. If you have a complaint - then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. It's called work for a reason, you are expected to work. Don't whine, provide solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going. Keep learning. Keep teaching. Keep listening and responding - it is very appreciated. I am sad to go, and honored to have worked for and with you. Thanks for leading by example.

Doesn't feel like there's a plan

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- High Pay
    - Cushy Benefits
    - A lot of smart people around you

ConsCompany recently had a mass layoff due to lack of cashflow. Some people who were laid off had been hired less than two weeks before. If cashflow was a risk, why continue hiring? Seems like a lack of foresight to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink ahead more.

Amazing place to grow

Carlsbad, CA

ProsThe leadership at Questpoint has done an amazing job creating an environment where people don't just work, they learn, grow and succeed. They people value each other and appreciate the work that is done by those around them. I have never been part of a team that shares ideas so freely, evaluates every decision and has a true "open door" policy. The CEO is the first to ask for feedback and turn feedback into action. It is a unique leader that can have a clear vision of the direction the company needs to go, stay true to the vision and directions, but implement suggestions along the way. As Jack Welch said, "Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others." Questpoint has created a place where you can work on you and be part of an amazing team. Most people on this team have options and are recruited to work other places, but they stay here because it is much more than a job, it is a family, a place to push yourself, challenge yourself and find out what your really capable of accomplishing.

The compensation is as good as it gets. The company even offers pet insurance because I think HR found every other benefit your could offer. Paid meals, no set schedule, unlimited time off, paid insurance, life insurance, medical, dental, vision, rewards account to buy a co-worker a gift every quarter, tuition reimbursement, unlimited training, charity donation match and all the food and drinks you can eat. Amazing place. However, even with the amazing benefits and "things" I stay here because of the people and the opportunity to accomplish things money can't buy; success, growth and satisfaction from your work.

Questpoint is an amazing family.

ConsThe cons of working with a group of very bright, driven and honest people are also pros for the comapny. It is easy to feel like your not the smartest person in the room, your ideas are challenged and the company is encouraged to provide feedback and have a voice. The company and CEO have invested a lot of time and money into training with crucial conversations but it is not always easy to hear the truth. You have to be willing to put your ideas on the line and accept the honest feedback your going to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not look at an exit, continue with the same style of leadership and stay true to the QuestPoint values. It works, so no reason to break it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I don't know why there are so many good reviews - they hire then fire ALL the time.

Carlsbad, CA

ProsDecent salaries, relaxed atmosphere and some cool people.

ConsThey throw huge christmas parties then let 50-60% of the employees go in the summer - has happened each summer now. Again, the good reviews DO NOT represent the workforce there. This is an honest review. The management hires friends and looks out for themselves. Just unreliable

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend money more wisely so you don't hire and fire so much messing with so many peoples lives. There are a LOT of ex-questpoint employees out there that only have negative things to say.

QuestPoint CEO responded to this review Jul 2, 2014 EditDelete
    Dear anonymous - Thank you for your feedback. I've always viewed company social events as something we do for the employees (you know: work-hard/play-hard) so it is helpful to me to see this from ... More

The Leadership and Culture is Unique,Intentional, and Excellent

Carlsbad, CA

ProsWork days here pass by quickly, with lots of creative challenges being solved collaboratively with an emphasis on each person taking initiative in their area of strength. It is empowering and fulfilling. The company culture fosters a fun environment with lots of awesome benefits. The best part though is-hands down-the people you get to work with here: smart, thoughtful,and hard working, everyone here is an ally and often a friend.

ConsThis industry can be tumultuous, and job stability can leave something to be desired, but overall, QuestPoint works to meet this reality with transparency and candor and I think that's the most you can ask.

The best company you've never heard of

Director (Current Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

ProsQuestPoint really is the best company you've never heard of. A bold statement, but it's honestly the truth. I'll summarize why in four points:

1) Industry: the company works in internet technology, which can be broken up into two main functions, marketing and data. Divisions within QuestPoint are silo'd in a way that allows for focus on creating and maintaining products/services, while still able to realize synergy among groups outside of said division. This allows for a company the size of an aircraft carrier to maneuver like a jet ski, an absolute requirement if a business wants to stay successful in this ever changing landscape
    2) Leadership: executives, VPs, directors and managers are all top notch, thanks in part to a vigorous hiring process and a high level of transparent accountability. Each divisions performance is clearly visible for all to see, which means that supervisors failing in any number of areas (leadership, hard/soft skills, etc) are weeded out quickly and efficiently.
    3) Employee Perks: everything you'd expect at a start-up tech firm is here. Great pay, full benefits, unlimited vacations, pick your own hours, catered food daily, car details, yoga, treadmill desks, free smartphones, etc.
    4) Expectations: with points 1-3, here comes the 'catch' - you're held accountable for what is expected from your role. Quarterly reviews by those who work around you, called '360s' - these are rolled out to every employee, from the bottom to executives.

ConsNo real cons, other than know what you're getting into. If you bullshitted your skills and managed to make it through the hiring process, you won't last past 90 days.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

If you're a motivated, knowledge-thirsty individual with the desire to succeed, at Questpoint, you will!

ProsQuestpoint offers great material perks, but even better intangible perks. Yoga, daily catered meals, a stocked kitchen, relaxation room and fun company events are great, but what keeps me coming to work every day is an incredible staff! I've never worked with so many intelligent, funny, good-natured, driven individuals. Happiness and motivation are contagious; Questpoint gets it right by hiring the right people for the right jobs who share the same belief in company values. I had no experience in this field, but I did have a serious hunger to learn. Questpoint has given me every tool to succeed. Beyond training, my managers (and co-workers) have always given me more than adequate respect, trust, confidence and autonomy to excel. This company truly values it's employees. I can't think of any material perk better than that.

ConsI hardly consider this a con, but with so many awesome perks, distraction is readily available. Prepare to self-motivate! If you aren't passionate and dedicated, Questpoint may not be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe transparency, respect, and appreciation you offer each of your employees does not go unnoticed. Keep it up!

Amazing company with even more Amazing people.

San Diego, CA

ProsAt QP I have the autonomy, flexibility, and support to do my job. I am surrounded by brilliant people and we have great perks like fully paid benefits for employees and their family. Catered lunches are pretty incredible too!

ConsYou need to be an individual contributor and manager of people. The standards are high but not out of reach for a hard worker.

Don't let the cushy perks fool you - They can't afford them

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are good people working here who are intelligent and creative.

ConsThis company is very irresponsible when it comes to hiring and firing. They are impulsive and lack real direction. I witnessed six people get let go simply because they were no longer able to afford their salaries any longer. Some of them had been there for years. Many of the perks they once had are also slowly dwindling. It hurts their culture when they make other employees feel insecure about their own jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees as human beings, and don't play with their lives and livelihoods as if it is insignificant. There is rampant sexual harassment and inappropriate conduct amongst top level executives that goes unmentioned and therefore unpunished as well. People are too afraid for their jobs to speak up against the harassment.

QuestPoint CEO responded to this review Mar 19, 2014 EditDelete
    As the CEO of QuestPoint, I take these allegations very seriously. I personally teach a Crucial Conversations course in which I train company employees to speak up about risky topics and to make it ... More

Company built on shady business model and employee churn.

QA Engineer (Former Employee)
    Carlsbad, CA

Pros* If you are desperate for a job and really just need to get some experience.
    * You cant find a job in a real company like Intuit, Qualcomm, Sony or Sharp.
    * Its better than sms.ac

Cons* This company changes its name every YEAR on the dot. Wonder why?
    * Research Yontoo, Sambreel, Finial. All previous incarnations of the same company.
    * Long hours and inadequate compensation for work load.

QuestPoint CEO responded to this review Mar 25, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry that you didn’t have a more positive experience. Hard work is a tenant of our culture and we accept that this does not appeal to everyone. We work hard ... More

Worked for QuestPoint? Contribute to the Community!

QuestPoint Videos

QuestPoint – Why Work for Us?

​​QuestPoint is a mid-sized, growing and profitable software company based in Carlsbad, CA in North County San Diego. QuestPoint was awarded a top 3 place to work in San Diego by San Diego Business Journal for its… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at QuestPoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for QuestPoint CEO Kai Hankinson. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by QuestPoint employees.