Questar Reviews

Updated July 9, 2014
3.8

Questar President, CEO, and Director Ronald W. (Ron) Jibson
Ronald W. (Ron) Jibson

A well-managed company providing excellent benefits and pay!

Former Employee - Information Technology  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Questar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Questar is a stable and terrific company to work for. They have a nice benefits package. Employees are rewarded with annual incentive programs and compensation is competitive yet designed to attract and retain the very best employees. This company is in an enviable position of having a CEO who has vision and excellent communication skills. The well-educated and intelligent upper management team is probably the best they have ever had.

Cons

The same things that make it an attractive company to work for also cause stagnation and infrequent advancement opportunities. With the exception of call center employees, most employees seem to leave only at retirement. There have been some demographic improvements lately as more of the workforce are now coming close to or reaching retirement age.

Better Get Everything Coming To You In Writing If you don't, they will take it back and call it an interim position.

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager  in  Union City, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Union City, CA

I worked at Questar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment (Union City,Ca. location).
    Small Two Man Operation. Pretty good benefits, unless you turn them in late because your constantly busy.

Cons

New manager makes you feel like your constantly under a microscope .There is a time off policy but you cannot utilize it. This location is only a two man operation.

Do Not Promise (make offers) then take them back a few months later. Really bad for moral
    They have a bad habit of doing this.

Best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Questar

Pros

They have a great benefits package and a generous bonus program for all employees. My co-workers are happy and everyone seems to respect the corporation. They always have community service projects and volunteer opportunities to break up the monotony and give back to the area. The company just cares about the people who work there and treat them well. It seems like most of the people I've met have been with the company at least 10 years and many are over 30 years.

Cons

Downtown locations requires public transit or paying for parking.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Questar Technician

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Questar

Pros

Fair company that treats it's employees well. They have a good benefit package. Yearly company/family picnics are enjoyed by my family.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement. Lot's of politics.

Provide more information to employees.

Have enjoyed working at Questar.

I have been working at Questar

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Low stress level.

Cons

Work loadscould be distrubuted more evenly.

Very great place to work

I have been working at Questar

Pros

Questar Corp. benefits from very quality upper level management. Additionally, the management team is accessible, that is, you can talk to them when you need to and they act like regular people. In my experience, they understand what you are trying to say to them. Also, in my case the pay was really good as compared to my peers.

Cons

The downside is that there is little room for advancement within the company. The whole company is run very efficiently, which of course is a plus. But that also translates into everyone having a very specific role and position in the company, and when there is little mobility or room for advancement, you can feel like you are in a rut.

I think more job feedback is necessary. The management team was always extremely polite with me and gave some limited positive feedback, but I kept wondering whether I was doing a good job or not. I want to give the highest quality work, but it wasn't always clear to me if they perceived me as having done a great job or something sub-par in their opinion. Of course, I am not inviting constant criticism. I am just saying that more dynamic feedback (positive, negative, everything in between) would probably help them get more of what they want out of us, and help us feel more secure that we are providing the best services we can.

Worked for Questar? Contribute to the Community!