Questrade

www.questrade.com

Questrade Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Questrade – Toronto – “Life at Questrade”

Edward Kholodenko

Pros
  • Lots of parties, work environment is mostly neutral(in 4 reviews)

• Career opportunities, growing organization(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • As of now, I really cannot think of anything(in 2 reviews)

• Clients often had to wait 30 minutes or more to speak with a client service rep(in 2 reviews)

Helpful and understanding people.

Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsVery multicultural, true representation of Toronto

ConsOverqualified staff, not enough chance to grow.

Great for experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy score for this company is 3/5. The 4/5 score is to be taken with a grain of salt; there are biased entries for this company.

Pros:
    Helpful colleagues to work with: by far, this is the best thing in the company.
    Interesting projects: depending on the department, you can be exposed to some interesting projects and gain expereience.
    Salaries are average for the industry and definitely on the lower end for the workload.
    Benefits are ok: 70% insurance and the rest you.

ConsCons:
    Processes are still to be defined: often times this creates more workload and a lot of stress. It is clear that some processes lack direction.
    Too many times projects have very tight deadlines and after some time it starts to get you, as you are very tired and demotivated. The story that gets told too many times gets boring.
    There is a constant feel that almost everything had to be done yesterday: it puts a lot of pressure on the employees and from a project that is very ok, it becomes something that just leaves you with a bitter taste in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to learn to prioritize in such a way that you touch the company's goals, but you also motivate your employees. Who cares if you were involved in 10 projects, when at the end of the day you do not even have the strength to crack a smile because of the fatigue? Work on your employees' work/life balance.
    There are too many periods when things are urgent.
    There is a shortage in workforce. You need to hire more people.
    Work on the compensation package: it definitely needs improvement.

Highly motivated environment

Outsourced Operations (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsQuestrade pays much better than other banks and offer exceptional benefit. Senior Management have tremendous talent and treat employee as asset.

ConsFood court is bad in North American Centre. They should have moved to other office for expanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn the right track and periodically review salary to avoid losing good employees to big banks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat place to be innovative - ideas get across quickly, managers/directors are very understanding people that always try to provide you with personal room for growth

ConsCoordination between different departments can be inefficient

Great place to get started!

Interaction Designer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCollaborative environment, good benefits, understanding managers, flexible schedule.

There were lots of room for personal growth and they have a lot of trading seminars for everyone to keep up to date on how their software works.. and in general, useful for the staff in other areas so they can get acquainted with the industry.

ConsWas rather unorganized as I didn't have a project manager. My training was kind of shallow so I had to figure a lot of things out for myself.

A lot of unsatisfied clients

Client Service Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsThey paid better then the big bank I previously worked at in the same position. Office located off of the TTC subway line. They have some innovative products, like USD in a registered account.

ConsWay too many trades not being executed because of technical issues. Clients often had to wait 30 minutes or more to speak with a client service rep. Supervisor did nothing but talk to his girlfriend on the phone all day. Management wold make promises and not keep them. Low employee moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your clients and employees better.

the best place to work

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosfriendly management, helpful from the team and the

Consthere nothing to complain so far.

Great people and environment. Some supervisors promoted due to favouritism but not terrible.

New Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood experience, great people. Get to know the investment industry from a relaxed environment

ConsWork is fairly monotonous but not overly difficult. Have to learn on the go, no extensive training for most positions

Advice to Senior Managementpromote appropriate and well qualified people to team leads.

Great place to work

Back Office Administrator (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsProfessional colleague, young and active culture, and many opportunities to grow

ConsFood court doesn't have many options

One of a Kind

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsAmazing technical talent. Fast paced and challenging environment. Strong entrepreneurial spirit. Rapidly growing firm. Unique growth opportunities.

ConsBonus is acceptable but could be more competitive considering expectations and commitment level of senior staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce more opportunities to share information with the staff and develop additional monetary rewards and recognition programs.

Worked for Questrade? Contribute to the Community!