QuiBids Reviews

3.5
Matt Beckham

Flexibility, Benefits, and PTO gives QuiBids a solid A

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For anyone that has worked at any other employer and are not straight out of college, they very much appreciate their job at QuiBids. Of course leadership could be stronger and communication could be clearer, as they could at any workplace, but at QuiBids, we have it pretty good. Flexibility - At QuiBids we have bosses that allow you unbelievable flexibility - most employees are allowed to take off whenever they want or need to, have the option to work a straight 8 hour shift without having to break for lunch, leave at 5 o'clock on the dot if you've gotten your work done, and don't get hassled if you are late every once in awhile. The two places I have worked at prior to QuiBids would NEVER allow anything close to that. Benefits - A lot of employees don't recognize the true value in our unbelievable benefits package. Coming from someone with children, I appreciate them very much - we pay next to nothing in monthly premiums and have a $500 deductible health plan which is pretty much unheard of nowadays. Are people watching the healthcare crisis unfold on the news each day? If so, they are very appreciative of our awesome benefits. Again, at the places I've worked before, a $2,000 deductible health plan was the only option. PTO - Along with flexibility, QuiBids is unbeatable here. Not only do we get almost 4 weeks of paid time our first year, it continues to go up with every couple years you stay with the company.

Cons

There is some truth to some of the other reviews regarding pay and management, but I challenge those people that are truly unhappy with QuiBids to go find something better. Again, from someone who has worked at other places, maybe you'd be able to find something with better pay but I guarantee you will not have the same quality of life. It's all what's most important to you I guess. If you want to earn more and have a potentially more experienced (but not always better) manager, yet don't mind if you have to work 50 hour work weeks, have crappy benefits, and no time off, go ahead. I on the other hand will enjoy being able to leave for the lake at 5 o'clock on the dot on Friday afternoons, not drowning in medical bills, and will be happy taking my kids on a vacation a couple times per year. To each their own.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Lots of problems are easily fixable if you take the time.

Don't believe the hype.

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was really excited to start working here, after I heard all of the awesome benefits and perks (I even read some of the reviews on here).

Cons

I feel mislead from what I was told prior to starting here. Everyone made it sound like you get all the bells and whistles, but that simply isn't true. Some departments appear to have good leadership and strong team building, which makes it obvious who the positive reviews on here are from; others are a hot mess. I can't keep my work day straight because my goals and objectives change at the blink of an eye. It's very overwhelming to think that my leaders don't have a clear vision for the company and are constantly changing everything about our new site. I came from a very established company, and while it's true that we get good benefits and can wear jeans to work, the fundamental lack of structure greatly outweighs the fun work environment.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and honest to new hires. You paint a beautiful picture of what life at QuiBids will be like, but you aren't following through. I'm often second guessing my decision to join this company because of how rocky my department appears. I hope it gets better!

Great company, fun work environment, unique business strategy!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Causal work hard/ play hard work environment with some notable and fun perks. My QuiBids experience has been a good, growing opportunity from day one. I have experienced mostly positive interactions between part-time employees all the way up to the exec level. In my particular area, we have been able to operate with reasonable autonomy and develop aspects of the business rather freely and creatively. QuiBids promotes a healthy work/home life schedule and provides adequate PTO for full time employees. I have opportunities and experiences here that would be rare at a typical company. QuiBids is outside of the box!

Cons

Areas for improvement would be better competitive pay, especially for dedicated, talented employees who want to be here long-term. Need stronger communication of vision and career path/expectations set from the top. Closer knit communication and interaction from exec and officer level would be an improvement. Clarity in overall vision is lacking at times. Not much synergy within departments/projects.

Advice to Management

Continue to pour energy and resources into your core people. Make them feel valued with compensation, time, and resources. Listen to QuiBids customers both brand new and veterans, they will be the best gauge for improving the QuiBids brand. Strive to keep working hard to avoid detached leadership and be involved at each employee tier. Keep being innovative and creative, it is what made QuiBids successful early on and what will ultimately prevail in the e-commerce space!

Overall experience was better than average

Former Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at QuiBids full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many good people, upbeat, young group and enjoys the balance of work and fun in the workplace. Solid management at the CEO level.

Cons

Too many 'friends of friends' leading to lack of accurate information flowing upwards -- too many people protecting themselves because of lack of productivity

Advice to Management

Review your employees from manager level and up - lots of dead weight and lack of producing results because excuses can get by. Top management is excellent - needs improved feedback from those lower, from partners to managers.

Great Company - Fun,

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

QuiBids is a great company to jump into out of college or a more experienced position. The PTO is great from the start, but also increased as your years of service increases. Management is typically really easy to work with for time off requests and usually can accommodate flex schedules on occasion. I am paid fairly. Management really cares for all employees and tries to do the best they can.

Cons

As any company, I would always want more money and more gratitude for the things I do.

Advice to Management

Pay the best employees over the top and don't be afraid to let poor performers go. Keep caring for everyone. Be very strategic with your decisions and always make sure communication is strong.

Great place to grow!

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started working at QuiBids three years ago right out of college, and it's been one of the best choices I've ever made. I wasn't the best employee right off the bat, but management saw my potential and their encouragement and leadership was paramount in helping me grow to the employee I am today. It's a very easy-going work environment, there are lax work hours and neat company perks like Fun Fridays and smoothie Wednesdays. I want to thank management at QuiBids for believing in me and giving me the confidence to grow and learn to become the employee I am to day. I hope to continue growing and to become the best asset I can be to QuiBids. QuiBids has given me an opportunity that I most likely wouldn't have had elsewhere, and for this I will always be grateful.

Cons

QuiBids experiences growing pains just like any other startup. For example, there aren't as many internal systems in place to improve efficiency and communication like there would be in a larger, more established company. However, in my time here these functions have improved greatly and are improving every day. Salaries aren't quite as high as they would be in bigger companies. Also, because of the startup work environment, you may be asked to take on additional responsibilities. However, I personally see this as a "pro" because it allows me to grow and learn even more.

Advice to Management

Spend more time listening to our customers and building the QuiBids brand as opposed to the QuiBids machine.

Great Company with Unusual Circumstances

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

QuiBids is a cool business model. It has interesting economics and customer behavior. I find this to be a truly unique company in that aspect. QuiBids has a generally young employee base. This brings a certain type of energy to the company that's hard to replicate in more normal work environments. The company has a sense of community as a lot of employees know one another through mutual friends or have been friends for years. The executive team are all friends with each other from when they were in college, and I think they are a big part of why that atmosphere exists within the company. The top tier at QuiBids (execs, vps, and directors) has a lot of talent, skill, and ability. From a leadership perspective, they are still growing (as commented on below) but they are people that you know can build successful businesses and have the ability to achieve great things. It has a casual environment, lax work hours and work weeks, perks such as "Fun Friday", "Donut Monday", ping pong tables, etc. The offices are also setup to where employees work in the same room with other employees, which generates a somewhat collaborative environment.

Cons

When QuiBids was growing rapidly, they hired many college students. These millennials were put into basic job positions (customer support, site content, compliance, etc.) when they first started working at QuiBids. Many of them liked QuiBids and wanted to continue working at QuiBids and grow into a long term profession. However, when they were transferred into departments/roles that had a professional growth path, many were outside of their studies from college, their skill sets, and their passion. Ultimately, QuiBids recruited a lot of skilled positions to fix the lack of experience. On top of that, in my opinion, the millennials have a sense of entitlement that is unmatched by any other generation. This has resulted in QuiBids having some college graduates feeling underpaid and unsatisfied even though some of them are actually getting paid great wages for their 1-2 years of experience. QuiBids struggles at times to adequately train employees. I've seen this improve over time, but it's kind of department by department if training is adequate. Given that QuiBids isn't a really big company, employees that have climbed the ranks have also been asked to be in management positions. Some of these employees, although talented individuals, are still growing a lot as managers. This ties into the executive team as well as they are young and some of them are stronger managers than the others.

Advice to Management

Be more strategic in your hiring going forward so that you have fewer employees that are better paid and happier. Do not hire college students/graduates and try to turn them into more skilled positions. Continue to sharing the vision with the company and drill it in. You can't over communicate on vision! Invest in your employees with continued education and training within their respective departments.

My Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at QuiBids full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of my favorite things about QuiBids is its fantastic benefits package. I know for a fact that the costs are below both national and state averages. The company also offers great work/life balance. Many managers offer a flexible working schedule. I also know most of the managers have laptops so they can work from home as needed instead of being stuck at the office for long hours. QuiBids also has a very friendly atmosphere. I remember feeling like part of the team quickly and in my past experiences I felt like "the new kid" for quite a while. QuiBids is definitely not this way. The extremely relaxed dress come is great too!

Cons

The company is fast-paced as advertised. This doesn't necessarily mean an overabundance of work. I have only had to work overtime on a few occasions and it has been project based. As a start-up in the e-commerce realm, employees should be prepared for project, priorities, etc. to change. It just comes with the territory. QuiBids and management were up front with me about this type of environment from the beginning but some people might find it difficult to adjust to.

Advice to Management

Management has grown/matured a lot since I have been here. I notice it every time we have an all-hands meeting. My advice is to continue to grow and to continue doing all the great things that are already done.

The Cons Outweigh the Pros.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at QuiBids full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

QuiBids likes to really promote the "pros" of working for their company. The pros include work/life balance, semi flexible schedule, and fun Fridays. As an experienced person coming in, I found the work/life balance to be one of the biggest pros of the job. The semi flexible schedule was nice, too. Along with fun Friday, they also have donut Monday, smoothie Wednesday and massages on site.

Cons

Unfortunately for QuiBids, the cons outweigh the pros. The executive team seems to mean well with the directives they send down the ladder, but those directives aren't usually carried out by the management in place. This is a very young company that is trying to work out the details as the go along. That shouldn't be an issue, but they aren't quick to make an adjustment when something isn't working. Most employees you talk to are unhappy and looking for jobs elsewhere. This may have been a "fun" place to work two years ago, but now it is a "bitter" place to work. Also, QuiBids believes that they offset the terrible pay with all the above listed pros. I don't think anyone would be upset to see donut Monday disappear, if that meant they could get a raise.

Advice to Management

My advice to the executive team is to open your eyes. Notice the unhappy people and dig into why they are so unhappy. My advice to management is to start trying to inspire greatness in your team. Fight for more money and better titles for the employees that deserve promotion.

I'm sure they mean well...

I have been working at QuiBids (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun and laid back office environment. Zero dress code. Some departments offer very flexible schedules. Great job to have as a college student, or as a second job. Not enough money to live on.

Cons

Many employees hold their position because they are friends or family of upper management. That in itself is not the issue. However, too often raises, promotions, and benefits are not given based on quality of work, but rather how good of friends you are with certain people. It's frustrating seeing people getting passed up for higher pay or positions because another employee is the cousin of so-and-so, and somehow deserves special treatment...

RSS Feed </> Embed