Quicken Loans

Quicken Loans Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Quicken Loans CEO Bill Emerson

Bill Emerson

Pros
  • Great work environment, pretty informal, no dress code and downtown Detroit(in 21 reviews)

• Good benefits and perks with discounts at many restaurants and stores downtown(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the number one reason team members leave QL(in 41 reviews)

• no work life balance, management cares about sales not necessarily the individuals(in 22 reviews)

Work hard, play hard.

ProsGood recognition. Good income. Great technology. Feel like you have an important purpose at your job helping people.

ConsRelatively demanding job. Very competitive (could be a good thing too). Put in a lot of hours.

A sports culture that will push you beyond your comfort zone.

ProsQL has one of the most dynamic and fun environments to work in that I've ever seen. Probably only rivaled by Google or Pixar. The feeling you get in EVERY building is very much like the Jurassic Park reference of "spared no expense." I'm typing this on my retina display Mac Book Pro, my dual monitors, and my elevating desk.. and that's pretty standard around here. This company definitely has no problem spending money on tech or design and decor. It also has a rather unique sports culture founded on the company's ISMs - standards and ways of thinking that everyone is asked to adopt. You'll find yourself right at home here if you love high standards, growing to your potential, and like many major sports themed cultures, being asked to do 5 more pushups when you think you can only to 2 more. I've grown SO much by being here and it's been an experience I recommend for everyone.

ConsWork-life balance is the number one reason team members leave QL. Expect many positions to be production-focused and compensated based on performance. This is not your standard 9-5 type of place. If you are young and having nothing but free time, you won't mind, because the harder you work the more you make. But if you're a family person with a spouse and kids, don't plan on making it home for dinner.

Great. Friendly, hard working atmosphere.

Servicing Support Intern (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsPeople are extremely hard working.
    Employees in joy their jobs and you can tell by the enthusiasm they have being there each.

ConsDidn't have to many cons for my time here. Worst thing I could say is that I didn't have enough to do at times during my internship.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture and training, long hours and no work-life balance as a banker

Senior Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

Pros-As a banker, you are given excellent training and feedback
    -You are compensated well for your work. With any degree or even no degree, you can make more than in many other companies

Cons-You work at least 2 weekends a month and work about 10-14 hour days
    -Your production is constantly monitored and shown to your entire team and region. If you are not performing, you will get fired, yelled at etc.
    -You don't really have control over your hours or production. You may be satisfied with a certain commission check, but you don't get to set your own goals. Quicken always wants more

Unreal

Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsWorking here was akin to something on the twilight zone. Every day was a nightmare but everyone else I worked with were drunk on hope and desperation. The horror stories from other prior inmates are pretty hilarious though.

ConsDoing things that didn't feel "right" while hearing constantly the "do the right thing" ism.

The "leadership".

The general bias/unfair atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck.

Purchase Banker

Senior Purchase Banker (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGreat Income and there is no limit to how much you can make

ConsYou will work a lot of hours

Alright place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best reasons to work here is the downtown Detroit vibe and environment your in while working. The office environment is nice with bright colors and free snake machines although it's only popcorn.

ConsThe challenges of working here is they treat employees like slaves. The work life balance is horrible. They expect you to devote your life to them. They even discourage lunch breaks. They look down on you if you took a lunch break and expect you to be working during those times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to treat the lower wage employees with more respect and spread the wealth.

Ask questions

Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsGreat way to work with your friends and make money

ConsManagement is a joke and you will always fear your job.

Great

Contract Intern (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsFlexible hours and it was amazing

ConsNOT ALOT TO DO !!

Advice to Senior ManagementSWAG IT UP

long hours. work hard play harder

Proscareer advancement is readily available as the company grows

Consthe hours can be strenuous. when you perform its different. if you are off pace, you should be working.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!