Quicken Loans

Updated September 23, 2014
3.7

Quicken Loans CEO Bill Emerson
Bill Emerson

Pros
  • I also had a chance to experience the work environment and why Quicken Loans is number one (in 26 reviews)

• Good benefits and perks with discounts at many restaurants and stores downtown (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the number one reason team members leave QL (in 47 reviews)

• no work life balance, management cares about sales not necessarily the individuals (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

284 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Looking For An Amazing Internship Experience? Search No Further.

Former Employee - Client Relations Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Client Relations Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

AN AMAZING CULTURE. Every single person I met was patient, kind, and more than willing to help. Working in Detroit was also a really cool experience. Campus Martius is beautiful and full of life. Lots of free food :) Very flexible if you have doctors appointments, have vacation plans, and/or are taking summer classes. You just have to make sure you get your work done, as you would expect. MANY opportunities for networking including events and shadowing different people within the company. For example I had the amazing privilege of shadowing Bill Emerson! Not many people can say they were able to shadow the CEO of their company, but at Quicken Loans anything is possible. Lots of perks such as tours of Detroit, free events (ie TIGERS GAMES!) and free parking downtown all week and weekend long.

Cons

Intern hours are typically 9am-6pm. Some people find that long, but you get a full hour for lunch plus two 15 minute paid breaks. Plus, they say if you do what you love you never work a day in your life, and that's honestly how I felt each minute of this internship. I only put this in the Cons as a heads up to those who aren't willing to work hard and dedicate most of their summer to this program (which aren't really cons, if you ask me :) ).

Keep up the amazing things that you are doing within the company, as well as what you're doing for Detroit!

Great Culture, Friendly People.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern for more than a year

Pros

The culture and people make this place a blast.

Cons

I was an intern, but I heard pay isn't that great in general.

Keep up the good work!

Greektown Casino Internship Review

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot. Everyone was nice and willing to teach. I didn't feel like an intern. The pay was nice. I had the chance to head projects. The benefits were great. Free food. Flexible schedule. I got a permanent job out of it. Room for growth.

Cons

I felt out the loop when it came to intern events with other Quicken Loans interns. I would have loved to recieve the emails and attend the events, but I never recieved the emails. I just regret not being able to go do anything. I noticed that there is a huge lack of communication between management and the rest of the team. No one trusts each other and that leads to animosity amongst team members and amongst the team and upper management.

Begin talking to your team and try to communicate as much as possible. Try to see if the have any concerns and what you can do to fix it. Pay attention to everyone's strengths.

Quicken loans- Make all interns feel included.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A fulfilling internship with great co-workers in an even better city

Former Employee - Client Care Specialist  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Great people to work with
    - great city to be in
    - Enjoyable work atmosphere
    - Great leaders and directors

Cons

- Parking is rather troublesome

Nothing, all leadership was great

A Great Company to Work For

Former Employee - Mortgage Operations  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Operations in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This company is founded on and revolves around a very strong, fun and positive culture referred to as there "ISMs". Quicken is always looking for ways to better themselves - both in the fields of servicing and mortgage origination. There is free food everywhere and all of the leadership is willing to help you in any way they can. The office environment is energetic and exciting to be around.

Cons

This job is every demanding from an hours perspective, however hard work pays off at Quicken because of the way their pay is structured (bonuses and commission).

No Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Purchase Banker  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Purchase Banker in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good money, good comp plan.

Cons

Hours, work-life balance, plan on working every weekend.

A better internship experience than I could have imagined.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Where do I start? Everybody that I met at the company is a great resource for knowledge and very willing to help out with questions or guidance. It is laid back in dress code and culture, yet a lot of work still gets done and there is an emphasis on that, and especially doing quality work. Both my leader and mentor pushed me to figure things out myself yet would eagerly point me in the right direction or provide me answers if I really could not figure them out myself. If I ever had any questions, I never had to worry about not being able to answer them. As an intern, I was given loads of opportunities to go to events, such as Tigers games, a tour of Ford Field, and the annual summer IT Family Gathering. All the higher ups (highest ups, Dan Gilbert and Bill Emerson) are much more reachable than those of other corporations, despite how busy and important they are. I feel pride to work underneath them. I learned a ton! Especially in terms of practical knowledge applicable to other environments. It was understood that I was an intern but I was given the work that full-time team members are and treated as such, which is quite what I wanted to experience. All my team mates and leader were all incredibly supportive and would shower me with complements, which is absolutely a boost to my self-esteem and feeling of importance. Definitely one of the best "jobs" I have ever worked, and it has really changed my mind about the future, as I have certainly been enticed to coming back.

Cons

I quite honestly cannot think of any. Maybe the atmosphere is not for everyone (such as quite conservative types), but I loved it here.

You guys are doing a great job, keep on keeping on with the trajectory you're following, and I am proud to have worked for you this summer!

AMAZING Internship Experience

Current Employee - Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quicken Loans offers an innovative work space unlike any other internships in the Detroit area. We have bright colored walls, graffiti on the floors, and even slushie and popcorn machines in our kitchens! It's even likely to see someone riding a scooter down the hallway.

The company values teamwork, so everyone you work with is excited for you to succeed and learn more about the mortgage industry and about the City of Detroit.

We were also offered free parking and perks during Internship events, which balanced with the low internship pay rate compared to other corporate companies.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about my internship experience. I was pleased with all aspects of the program.

Great Intern Experience

Former Employee - Business Development Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-The culture is amazing. Everyone is supportive and ready to help.
    -You are treated like an equal even as an Intern.
    -Incredible opportunities and benefits available.

Cons

-Not a lot of training. I can see how this could be an issue with some people.

None.

Experience of a lifetime!

Current Employee - Mortgage Operations  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Mortgage Operations in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-professional yet laid back environment
    -friendly coworker and always willing to help
    -amazing intern events. Tigers games, carnivals and many more!
    - very understanding leaders

Cons

There were not any cons at all! As soon as something might have went wrong it was easily taken care of.

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!