Quicken Loans

Updated December 15, 2014
3.8

Quicken Loans CEO Bill Emerson
Bill Emerson

Pros
  • I also had a chance to experience the work environment and why Quicken Loans is number one (in 29 reviews)

• Great culture, friendly team members fun looking office atmosphere (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the number one reason team members leave QL (in 55 reviews)

• no work life balance, management cares about sales not necessarily the individuals (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

315 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Experience

Former Employee - Mortgage Banking Intern in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banking Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great leadership in place for interns to succeed. Company culture is exceptional. Very fun activities for interns to participate in throughout the city of Detroit. Learned an immense amount about the mortgage industry. Highly competitive.

Cons

The job is a large commitment for the summer. If you have a competitive attitude and a blue collar work ethic you will succeed and be rewarded. If not, this may not be for you.

Keep up the good work. Get interns more involved with the mortgage process itself.

Business Analyst

I have been working at Quicken Loans

Pros

Great company. Flexibility is great in IT. Leadership is understanding, supportive, and always available. You are encouraged to learn more, take advantage of classes, and grow.

Cons

Leadership puts too much emphasis on personal relationships with coworkers. Wanting the teams to hang out outside of work a lot.

Fun Culture, OK Pay

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Fun place to work, lots of resources, perks like Tigers Tickets

Cons

Relatively low intern pay, Annoying downtown parking

Higher intern salary with difference among teams.

Don't do sales

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

Met some really great people

Cons

They work you like a dog as a Mortgage Banker. Don't plan on having a life.

Get away from the cult-like culture

Outstanding

Former Employee - Banker Then Sent to Call Center (Rock Connections) in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice work environment and good co-workers.

Cons

Too many hours and low pay. Repetitive work.

Train recruiters to better place candidates. I should never have been put in a sales position (even though I was in pharmaceutical sales for 14 years) because the kind of sales I had experience in was not a "hard-close" kind of position. Pharmaceutical sales was more of a consultant position. It should have been readily evident to my recruiter at QL that I was more of a technical, detail-oriented individual who could have offered much more to the Quicken Loans family of companies as an underwriter or similar. In my three short years, my observation was that most employees get burned out and leave or are dismissed. I believe that Bill Emerson and Dan Gilbert need to do a culture check because what they started years back was wonderful but now their ship is slowly drifting off course. It's time for them to seriously get back into the trenches and fix what is happening. I also want to let them know that one of their marketing arms, "Rock Connections" is turning a lot of potential clients off and over the past year has begun to create a bad reputation for Quicken Loans. The way that RC processes and recycles leads is flawed and is causing many potential clients to be almost nothing short of stalked and harassed via incessant telephone calls. I know this because I witnessed the increasing number of complaints and corresponding intensity in the anger I encountered from the potential clients. Most of the account representatives don't care to take notes or properly remove these clients from the system nor is this process encouraged. Instead, the focus is all on volume of calls.

perks

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

great intern perks - tiger games, free snacks and drinks, laid back environment

Cons

work can be repetitive and monotonous

Really good culture

Former Employee - Vendor Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Vendor Analyst in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture, they give you a lot of flexibility in the work place. One good thing is that they are really open to helping you shadow different portions of the company. The hours are normal and the people are really nice.

Cons

Culture is a bit laid back - not how I like it. Also the people you work with are not the brightest of the bunch.

nothing much they do a great job

Great

Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people and atmosphere. A lot of money to be made in the Banking side of things if you are motived to work through the long hours and stress. Awesome Benefits.

Cons

long hours, and not great on work life balance. Seems to be work comes first at all times and can be hard to take vacation time.

n/a

Look in the mirror

Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation, Work Environment, Opportunities for advancement, HQ perks. This is a job where your financial success is all on you. If you cannot overcome adversity or give up easily, you will not be successful here. You can be be very financially successful here, as well as continue to move up and become even more successful. All of the negative reviews on here are most likely from people who just aren't winners. Frankly, all it takes to be top 5% in sales is hard work. Early, late, and often.

Cons

Long hours, The gym isn't in the building I work in.

Keep doing what you're doing

My experience at Quicken Loans was very enthralling.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- The kind of work I was involved in has helped me grow a lot professionally
    - Different projects and the option of working in cross functional tasks
    - The opportunity to meet with senior management and the business leaders of the organisation

Cons

- Maybe the compensation was a bit too less for an intern, but the experience I got out of the internship is something that I would cherish forever
    - The culture is maybe too chilled out and laid back, but that is what defines the organization