Quicken Loans Reviews

576 reviews filtered by
3.8
Quicken Loans CEO Bill Emerson
Bill Emerson

Pros
  • I also had a chance to experience the work environment and why Quicken Loans is number one (in 29 reviews)

• Great culture, friendly team members fun looking office atmosphere (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the number one reason team members leave QL (in 55 reviews)

• no work life balance, management cares about sales not necessarily the individuals (in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent place for a great career

Former Employee - Various Marketing Positions in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Various Marketing Positions in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked at Quicken Loans for more than nine years and it was a tremendous experience. It is a great place for a person with creativity and passion. I was able to pursue my ideas and see them grow into marketing channels. This is encouraged by leadership and I can honestly say that anyone with a great idea and passion to see it through will do well at Quicken Loans. I never experienced the complaints of a work life balance that others have mentioned here. In the nine years I worked there, all on the Marketing team, that was never the case for me. My experience was, with very few exceptions, one of people who cared deeply about me and my fellow teammates at QL. In my second year of employment, I was severely injured in a freak accident and was literally couch-ridden for two months as I recovered. My leader went out of his way to make sure I didn't lose pay and allowed me to work from home until I could return to the office. Interestingly enough, it was during this time working from home when I was able to focus on and launch our Yahoo! Answers program, which became the seed of the current Social Media team (today the best social media team in financial services in the U.S.). Over the years I was able to build a team, watch several people I hired grow and build careers, and help launch several other marketing channels including my two favorites - blogging and podcasting. Although I left for a career opportunity in a completely different business, I highly recommend Quicken Loans for anyone that wants to learn a tremendous amount and work with great people. Additionally, as a person who grew up in Detroit, I have to say that the work that Quicken Loans (and Family of Companies) has done to rebuild downtown Detroit is incredible. Finally, I have absolutely no doubt that Quicken Loans will one day be the largest mortgage company in America. That is guaranteed. They have the goods and it will take them to the top.

Cons

This isn't really a con, just some friendly advice. If you aren't passionate and energetic, you probably will not enjoy the environment at Quicken Loans.

2. Flexible company, but they demand a lot of work

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have been flexible with work schedules in IT for years, but seems to be changing.
    Opportunity to join other teams and learn new technologies, room for growth.
    Management is not in charge of choosing technologies, technology employees are, but they do step in some times.
    Work can be fun.

Cons

Expect to work many hours.
    Teams are understaffed.
    Employee compensation is low in technologies jobs.

Advice to Management

Pay for Information technology employees is not competitive at all, we have trouble retaining talent and getting talent. Slushies and Popcorn don't pay the bills.

Great Company Great Culture!

Current Intern - Intern in Detroit, MI
    Current Intern - Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is know for its good training.The company is really nice to its employees offering packages that come with great benefits friendly management

Cons

Quicken has a high turn around rate. They also rush you in to getting on the phone with callers before you are ready.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage a good culture. Try to get employees more comfortable before entering them into the business model.

5. Software Engineer

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

Great working environment and great team.

Cons

Sometimes, it is easier to become workaholic

6. Mortgage Operations Intern

Former Intern - Mortgage Operations in Portage, MI
    Former Intern - Mortgage Operations in Portage, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Many at-work amenities. Colorful environment, and the business tries to make work force enjoy their jobs. For interns, it was mostly perceived as a recruitment tool to live and work downtown.

Cons

Insanely monotonous job duties. Bored most days. Not much autonomy. It felt fairly superficial from the top management. They attempt to implement intrinsic desires in the employees to motivate them more, but can be easily seen through.

7. Awesome

I have been working at Quicken Loans

Pros

perks, team members, location, meetings

Cons

drive time, parking situation, traffic

8. Banker

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

Money was great. Free food. Management was helpful

Cons

INSANE hours, no work life balance despite what they preach. Smoke and Mirrors show

9. Mortgage Banker

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great commissions as realized after working other jobs since.
    Great network to help you grow and learn. Plenty of room for upward movement.
    Many perks and incentives.
    Great team building excersizes daily.
    Lots of energy in the workplase

Cons

Your life will be consumed by everything quicken.
    To get a start here you have to put in way too much over time as a banker.
    Emails will pile up fast... really fast so you are always logged on to your device.

Advice to Management

Allow more time off. Not everyone wants to work 70 hours a week

It is about the who

Former Employee - Human Resources in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

Amazing people, working together towards a common goal and unified in the love of Detroit! Saw some amazing and great teams of people, working collaboratively together, producing results that would be difficult for anyone else in the business to achieve.
    Quicken Loans' benefits and perks were a huge retention tool, and the amazing buildings and work environment made it a fun place to be and work.

Cons

Senior leaders who don't live the ISMs, in other words, people who lead with the mentality that the rules don't necessarily apply to them. Unfortunately, it wasn't terribly uncommon to have profanity laced emails sent to teams, berating them for not living the culture...a pretty mixed signal.

11. Excellent internship experience

Former Intern - Business Analyst Intern in Detroit, MI
    Former Intern - Business Analyst Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Open culture, dynamic leadership, platform for growth and innovation

Cons

Less pay, no ability to convert to full time unless an internship is taken up twice

Advice to Management

More salary And relocation charges need to be given