Quicken Loans Reviews

1. I learned a ton, but my time there had run it's course

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

I had plenty of space and opportunity to advance my skillset and career and have an impact on the company

Cons

They rely on company perks and high emotion to motivate team members. Salary often takes a back seat.

2. All was well until...

Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're always active and they provide you with many resources to keep you going throughout the day. It really can be a fun place to work.

Cons

Maybe this was just a personal circumstance but I'm really unhappy with how Quicken and Aerotek handled telling me my assignment was finished. I understood from the beginning it was a temporary position but they get your hopes up that you'll be hired in in no time. I was constantly asking questions and trying to gain more knowledge and improve my quality of work. I felt as if my team leader gave up on me. That was huge worst feeling ever.

Advice to Management

Find directors abd team leaders that are willing to sit down with you and let you know how you can improve to the best of your ability.

As long as you don't mind having a life outside of work, you'll be fine!

Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans

Pros

Culture, buildings, coworkers are all great. Everybody usually has an easy-going personality. You get discounts all OVER the place in the city, just for being an employee.

Cons

You'll work an absolutely insane amount of hours. To the the point that it's laughable. I'm in a position that has me in the office at 7:30. I leave around 8:30 every day. Also, I'm required to work every other weekend and am STRONGLY urged to work more than that. If you try to take a weekend off, your boss will make you feel guilty and ask what you have to do. You will never see your family or friends. Quicken doesn't really care about you - they care about your production. If you will make them more money by working 7 days a week, then that's what they'll have you do (yes, many people I work with are working 7-day weeks right now... I have to bust my butt for 12-13 hours a day to get a day off on the weekends).

Advice to Management

Realize that people have lives outside of work. We will GLADLY bust our butts for a company/culture that we like, but we get burnt out. I notice production dropping just due to the sheer fact that people are exhausted. It is not a good feeling when you get home and realize that you have to wake up in 9 hours to go to work again. Employees would be SO much more productive, happy, energetic, and focused if the required hours weren't so out of control. Not sure how they spiraled out of control like they did, but this really needs to be addressed.

5. It was a very good experience. Comfortable working environment, friendly supervisor and colleagues.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

Climate is mild. Low cost for living

Cons

Salary is not really as high as I expected

The most inconsistent experience of my life

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have good direction and patient leadership who really has your best interest at heart you can truly win here. Chances of you getting this is very rare.

Downtown detroit but don't expect to enjoy it Bc you will be helping to build a city that you won't have time to hang out in.

Cons

No one knows what they are doing. It's hard to grasp any concept while being overwhelmed with robotic hours and robotic job requirements. The expectations are for you to accomplish task like a robot. As much as possible, As fast as possible these are no easy task making you crash eventually. They are trying to launch rocket loans ASAP so they can fire everyone anyways. There is no genuine concern for the client or the mortgage banker. This is just a dirty scheme that will crumble eventually. Greed is over quality here. Everything is obsessive and contradicting. Any company that allows human beings to work such inhumane hours day in and day out has no regards to anyone but themselves. There is no possible way you can give back to a client if your not taking care of yourself and your family. Yes you make money but you are giving up a lot for what really isn't that much when you do the math. If your not bought in and you see the true colors of the crooks you won't last very long. Stop hiring so many people only to fire them after they have invested so much.

Advice to Management

Have patience and be a true leader and help someone who does have to potential to win. Stop showing favoritism. Stop overwhelming people.

Good money/people, but eventually you'll get burnt out

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money. You want to make 100k or more within 18 months of graduating college? You can do it here, if you make it and are a good banker. Also the people you meet there are awesome. While there I met great friends and truly enjoyed my coworkers. The company does great with marketing and buying tons of fresh leads so you don't have to cold call and the phone rings off the hook most days. Training is also top notch and very available. Leadership opportunities are very available for those who are interested after 12-18 months banking. A lot of energy in the office, perks are good with some fun contests and prizes for top performers. It is a fun atmosphere, with most of the people there being like you ie fresh out of school, making money, enjoy going out etc.

Cons

Laundry list of them, and don't take this as me being bitter as I know some people on here are, but this is an honest assessment. While the money is good, it used to be better...like 30% better until they cut the commission plan 6 months ago for no reason aside from we were making more then our competitors (this would be ok except we worked more and had way more micro managing and stress to deal with then a typical lender). You have no autonomy. The micro managing is unbearable and makes employees miserable at times. While the company cut pay, they also added numerous levels of micro managing and tasks bankers had to do which made it even more difficult to work there. The messaging on these were horrible as well...leaders will try to sell us on why these were good for "our businesses" which was comical and insulted our intelligence as people. HR is a disconnected, any issues brought to them rarely change. It's a frat house, which as a mid/early 20s male is great but if you're a woman stay clear, you'll get hit on like there's no tomorrow by bankers and leaders. Office gossip is on a high school level. Asking for vacation and time off is worse then the Bataan Death March...reasons my time off was denied include: I applied to far in advanced, I applied to late, I didn't "earn it" (which is hilarious as we accumulated it every pay period so explain that one to me), too many other people have taken that day off (they have 3,000 bankers, I don't think 1 more person not there is gonna end the company). You work 10-12 hours a day, 2 Saturday's a month and some Sunday's when you are new. Then if you're behind pace you'll get guilt tripped into coming it by you leaders. Leaders track everything you do and pester you for why you aren't doing more.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter because in my 4+ years there they rarely listened to our feedback. Advice to prospective applicants: know what you're getting into, not a job for anybody accept a single, recent college grad. If you are an experienced professional you'll hate it from the start. Make your money until you don't like it anymore and then leave, future employers will know you can sell and work hard if you make it here.

Fun place to work with great people but there's a lot of negatives behind the scenes with this company

Current Employee - Quicken Loans in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Quicken Loans in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans

Pros

People are great. Pay can be very rewarding. It's colorful. Friendly. Free snacks slushies

Cons

Work 70+ hours a week. No time off. Consistently micro managed on every level. You will be hounded constantly by your directors. This is not an easy job and is extremely stressful. few end up loving the job and being successful. If you are it can be very financially rewarding.

Advice to Management

Lighten up on the micromanaging.

9. It was a pretty good internship experience with the BI team.

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Intern in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

I was involved in actual project that could make an impact to the company. Great team culture, and I got to explore the city of Detroit, which is a pretty cool place.

Cons

I did not get to finish my projects and put them into production. The data analytics group as a whole lacked experienced leaders, and this group does not get a lot of attention from the company.

Advice to Management

Have smaller projects for interns so they can finish them during the intern period.

Amazing place to work and grow as a HR professional!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loving what you are doing every single day. Leadership that is focused on your growth and development. Hiring for positions you personally believe are amazing careers for applicants!

Cons

Hours are about an hour more than your normal employer.

No life

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

Educational experience was great, you will learn a lot.

Cons

You will work 60 plus hours
    You are on a hamster wheel never quite getting there