Quicken Loans

Updated January 28, 2015
3.9

Quicken Loans CEO Bill Emerson
Bill Emerson

Pros
  • I also had a chance to experience the work environment and why Quicken Loans is number one (in 29 reviews)

• Great culture, friendly team members fun looking office atmosphere (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the number one reason team members leave QL (in 55 reviews)

• no work life balance, management cares about sales not necessarily the individuals (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

It is great company to gain entry level experience

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

There are lots of opportunity for lateral promotion/move within this company. And the team leaders are very well trained and very open teaching to you new skills.

Cons

It is considered to be tech company and requires you to have lots of working knowledge for SQL, which I did not have. So it took a quite awhile for me learn

Mortgage Banker

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company, good work environment, plenty of opportunity to increase your earning potential from month to month.

Cons

More than just your job, it becomes a lifestyle choice. You can make all the money you want but count out seeing friends and family. Have become very focused on individual daily metrics.

Find a way to reduce time in the office. Monday through Friday would be great, tell middle management to stop guilting their team into working weekends.

Intern

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern

Pros

Great place to work, and excellent training.

Cons

Fun atmosphere, contest winning and free coffee.

Quicken loans offers a lot of perks and benefits. Definitely a unique fun environment which makes the long hours and production goal pressure a tad more tolerable.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

Great Benefits and works to working there. Much room for movement and advancement. Don't have to worry about being stuck in one position for a long time if you choose not to.

Cons

Expectations can be tough to balance a work and home life...depending on the team/department you work in.

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Like the company culture, people are willing to help. It is a fun place to work at. People worked here are very knowledgable.

Cons

Benefits provided could be better.

Great training

Former Employee - Executive Mortgage Banker
    Former Employee - Executive Mortgage Banker

I worked at Quicken Loans full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great technology, training, and benefits, community involement

Cons

high pressure sales, work life balance,

Data Modeler

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time

Pros

good company culture and nice co-workers

Cons

long work time and fast pace

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You have such a say in company decisions regardless of the level of position you are in.

Cons

Have to be a go getter, sometimes there might be a lack of direction and you need to be confidant and motivated to find a solution.

Web Mortgage Banker

Current Employee - Web Mortgage Banker in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Web Mortgage Banker in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was a very good job.

Cons

I have no cons for this job

Mortgage banker job was insane. Like working for greedy managers with super expensive coke addictions.

I worked at Quicken Loans

Pros

None really. You get to meet a lot of young people that are easy to relate to and chill

Cons

Wow where to begin. The way this company hires and treats its new mortgage bankers is criminal.
    The hours are long. 60-80 hours.
    Management is brainwashed and only cares about $ and instant results.

The company really only hires college aged kids with minimal experience.
    They then set super high expectations for you and your minimal experience.
    The training here is not very good. Yes the training for passing SAFE is good, and so is Blueprint training, but those two aspects are nothing like the mortgage banking position.

One of my uncles has 25 years fortune 300+ ceo experience. He was appalled at this firms style for new employees.

Managements view seems to be wow it was very hard for me, so there's no reason newer employees shouldn't be run through the grinder just as hard.

That's not how a company evolves and grows. It evolves by adapting and making it easier for new employees. Not 1 time in training were we encouraged to shadow the actual position. If I was there in mgt and knew of the 65%-75% 1st year TO ratio, I'd be encouraging that just a little.

Blueprint mgt needs to wake up and realize BP is about 25X easier than the real job. They seem to think it prepares you very well for the position when this firms TO ratios indicate otherwise.

Sure you can brag about your JD award that is bought buy wealth or your standing in market share, but you're working your employees 2x longer than those in the industry...

Integrate more actual mortgage banking training into your brand new employees days that occurs for a few hours each week. Transfers are great and all but you insert the You are garbage scene from Dicaprios initial trading days in the Wolf of Wallstreet a bit too much.
    Enlightenment was grand but I mean you need to be letting all new employees train with mentors a few hours a week while in blueprint.
    I got a 4.0 in college and had prior sales experience, and I lasted only 8.5 months.
    This current scheme truly is a rat race.
    Good luck.

Stop treating people who can't excel here like garbage. It's a demanding position and there's no reason to act like that other than the fact that you're super greedy and brainwashed. Honestly after being let go, my initial manager was nice but the firing vp manager acted holier than thou.

Your employees work their life's away, treat them with respect when letting them go. I try to be nice to people, but it makes me glad I was born into the upper class, and you're still working those 9-9s.