Quicken Loans

Updated September 30, 2014
3.7

Quicken Loans CEO Bill Emerson
Bill Emerson

Pros
  • I also had a chance to experience the work environment and why Quicken Loans is number one (in 26 reviews)

• Good benefits and perks with discounts at many restaurants and stores downtown (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the number one reason team members leave QL (in 47 reviews)

• no work life balance, management cares about sales not necessarily the individuals (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Experience second to none

Current Employee - Deed Team(Legal Services)  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Deed Team(Legal Services) in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The internship is paid. You learn more about business than any class can offer. So much opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. Interns also get paid to attend after-hours events, such as sporting events (Tigers and Red Wings games), and other fun social events in which you can use to network with upper management and executives.

Cons

There are not really any cons. Like all companies, interns are inexperienced, so in the beginning you "follow the herd". But as with anything with a steep learning curve, you have the ability to take on more responsibilities. It is what you make it.

My experience at Quicken Loans and the QL family of companies has been very fulfilling

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The companies have amazing culture, diversity, and opportunities. QL cares about their team members and offers a vibrant work environment where you are allowed to pursue and mold your career.

Cons

Sometimes coaching lacks structure or depth. It's hard to remember this company is still young.

Keep everything the same. My only wish is more detailed coaching and guidance.

My internship experience at Quicken Loans was a great one!

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The internship program at Quicken Loans is different from other programs. First off, I was paid for my time at Quicken Loans and its family of companies. Secondly, I was never made to get coffee or run errands. Throughout my internship, I was given projects and tasks in which I could directly apply skills I learned in the digital marketing program at my university.

Cons

The projects I worked on involved many aspects of marketing including data mining /analysis, legal concerns, technology, creative, and financials. These projects resulted in gaining experience and knowledge of management/reporting software and showed how technology helps companies and their marketers to create lasting relationships with their clients. I am confident that I will be able to use the skills I learned throughout this internship in my career.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Such an amazing internship opportunity

Current Employee - Project Coordinator Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Interns at Quicken Loans have one of the best opportunities to learn and grow within one of the coolest places to work. QL is invested in the regrowth of Detroit and allows their interns to experience, first hand, some of the great things going on in the city. Aside from all the fun that is a part of the culture, interns will learn to work in a fast-paced environment using cutting edge technologies. This is absolutely one of the best internship experiences out there!

Cons

You need to be able to jump right in and learn fast.

The best internship experience I have ever had.

Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Quicken Loans is incredible. It's collaborative, open, and everything you could want from a company. They stress putting the client first and doing the right thing. Everyone is open to new ideas and made me feel like a full-time hire. It has the benefits of a big company with the drive of a start-up company.

Cons

The pay for interns isn't as high as most places, but the free food and great culture makes up for it.

Keep doing what you're doing. New ideas are constantly coming up and people listen. I love that everyone's voice is heard.

Fantastic Summer Spent in Downtown Detroit

Current Employee - Social Media Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Social Media Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The interns here definitely receive special treatment. There are 5 or so mandatory events we had to attend and they were all awesome. There was always free food included, Red Bull everywhere and QL swag galore. We had opportunities to explore Detroit through events, free Zagster rides and more. Asking for days off for family events or weekend getaways was not a problem as my team leader was very understanding as long as my work was accomplished. And not to mention, everyone here loves there job which makes you want to love your internship even more. This was the best summer internship I could have done leading into my final year in college. I feel fully confident in the value this internship will add to my resume and development as I begin applying for full-time jobs.

Cons

There are a lot of interns and that can sometimes be overwhelming. The events are large-scale and it's hard to get to know everyone when there are 1000+ other interns to meet. As an intern, depending on your team, you may also have some weeks where you work more than 40 hours, but your paycheck will show it.

Quicken Loans is not just about loans, it has opportunities for just about any field you can think of.

Current Employee - Mortgage Banking Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Mortgage Banking Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for more than 3 years

Pros

It is very feasible to reach career goals very fast because of all of the opportunities to advance within the company.

Cons

If you are not organized, it will be hard to keep up. However, all team members are willing to help each other.

Fun Place for an Internship

Former Employee - Mortgage Operations  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Operations in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Tons of perks, free tigers games, trips to hockeytown, tours of Detroit, good pay, make a lot of friends, partially subsidized housing, free parking passes, discounts to downtown places.

Cons

Not much to do, you have to find things to work on.

Make a site in Rockworld (the QL employee homepage) where leaders can post jobs they need help with and interns looking for work can go to find things to do.

Best Place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture here at Quicken Loans is second to none. This place is a breeding ground for success and will definitely help you excel at what you do. From the great coaching to the placement opportunity's working in QL Technology has far exceeded my expectations.

Cons

Cons... the only on I can think of would be the cost of benefits, but I understand that is always a struggle at most employers, but if there was on thing that I would love to see it would be a reduction in those costs.

Keep doing what you do to make us great!

Best Company i've ever worked for from top down everyone has a can do attitude Yes, Before No! Great culture.

Current Employee - IT Senior Business Analyst  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - IT Senior Business Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work hard play just as hard, very supportive environment. Sr Mgt team very hands on, involved and willing to walk beside us in all we do. The medical and dental benefits are better than I've ever had even with larger employers.

Cons

My only regret is that I didn't find this company sooner. I have not found anything worht complaining about here and from the looks of it, I probably won't..

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!