Quicken Loans

Updated September 29, 2014
3.7

Quicken Loans CEO Bill Emerson
Bill Emerson

Pros
  • I also had a chance to experience the work environment and why Quicken Loans is number one (in 26 reviews)

• Good benefits and perks with discounts at many restaurants and stores downtown (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the number one reason team members leave QL (in 47 reviews)

• no work life balance, management cares about sales not necessarily the individuals (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Innovation is Rewarded

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Analyst  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunity to innovate and the flexibility to explore is the biggest pro. We are not an "assembly line" company where you know your "job" and only your job. We are given the opportunity to explore other areas of the company. We are not "prisoners to our work stations" and we have a lot of FUN at work. This is very important because we are given the opportunity to balance our life and work loads evenly. I love to come to work and I love what I do. I LOVE QUICKEN LOANS

Cons

The commute is the only con that I have about the company. However, the benefits are rewarding and I love my job. That is more important to me to wake up happy to go to work and drive 45 minutes as opposed to waking up grumpy and have a 7 minute commute

Keep doing what you're doing and do better :)
    Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to work for the BEST company to work for in IT for 2 years in a row!!!

Quicken Loans really is a great place to work

Current Employee - Director  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture, the team members, the work, and the location are absolutely amazing. The company ISMs are truly valued and demonstrated throughout QL, and help drive the business to success. The benefits are excellent, and the perks are just as good. Training is very good at QL, and there's room for personal growth.

Cons

The pay is average compared to market rates. There are too many office moves for no apparent reason. These are disruptive and unnecessary. There are a significant number of organizational changes every year, which make it difficult to keep track of teams, their functions, and the team members.

Some senior leaders need to be more accessible and consistent in their message to the teams. I have seen some very inconsistent and irregular decisions being made. I suspect this is most likely due to the organizational change that occurs.

Awesome atmosphere to learn & grow while having fun networking.

Former Employee - Mortgage Operations  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Operations in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Culture that can't be found in most workplaces, young energetic team members that enjoy time at the office getting great benefits. As an intern, you get it all. Four or five events with catered food at nearby hotels/casinos, and our team ordered lunch in nearly three times a week. Contests, competition, and incentive bonuses drive the massive number of client specialists to make endless calls all day. In an intern role, one could learn a lot about the mortgage process if they choose to observe client calls through numerous technologies available. Other than observing calls, a normal intern day would include sending out daily statistics reports from a big data website, designing the contests and prizes, along with other organizational duties. Detroit is fun to explore and the offices look spectacular with endless decorative walls. Had a fun summer experience, but wasn't terribly challenging and would not consider a full-time role in the area I spent my internship.

Cons

People have nailed it, pay is subpar. $11/hr is pretty much the non-negotiable rate with more than 1,000 interns being hired. Not enough responsibility and learning making this experience more helpful for someone's first internship (after freshman/sophomore year). I would not want to work in the area where my internship was located but would consider something more guided towards my degree within the family of companies.

Keep innovating, you claim to be a technology company in the mortgage industry. As long as you keep creating a family of companies with trendy new ideas there will continue to be success.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LITERALLY THE GREATEST PLACE TO INTERN/WORK

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, amazing people, amazing process.

Cons

A con would be not working here, duh.

Keep on keeping on folks.

The Best Internship Experience I've Had

Current Employee - Creative Project Management  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Creative Project Management in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Since my time began at Quicken Loans I've felt right at home. I do my best work when I feel comfortable and this company, along with it's many amazing team members, has made me feel like part of the family from day one. My team adopted me right from the start and made me feel like I didn't have to hide who I was to fit in. They give me every opportunity to learn, while never making me feel obligated to sit on the sidelines and watch. I always have something to work on and I'm never afraid to volunteer my help on projects or tasks that I may have never voiced interest in at any of my previous employers. Growing up, my parents told me to be whatever made me the happiest and that I should never forget to work somewhere that made me excited to wake up each and every morning and Quicken Loans continues to do just that.

Cons

If I had any negatives to write about my experience working for Quicken Loans I wouldn't hesitate to write it, but since I began my time here, I haven't been able to find one to speak of.

Please don't change who you are or what you stand for because this company is exactly what the city of Detroit needs to prove it's back and better than ever.

Amazing Internship!!

Current Employee - Digital Media  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Media in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I just graduated college and have been interning for Bedrock's digital media team for the past 2 months and couldn't be happier! Everyone I work with is extremely easygoing and personable. They give me creative freedom on projects and I'm learning a ton from everyone. Detroit is really fun (definitely nothing like how its portrayed in the media). There are a bunch of unique bars and restaurants to explore in the downtown area, midtown, corktown, and beyond. Couldn't recommend Quicken Loans any more!

Cons

The team I work on has decently long hours (9-12 hours per day). Luckily I love what I'm doing so it makes it worth it.

more respect, more fun, more achieved

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company values are huge at QL, everyone knows them, everyone loves them. They are recognized in everything we do and are rewarded every day. Office culture is a blend of in office and remote team members with a seamless interface between the two.

Cons

The only challenges at QL are "Can you run fast enough to keep up"? or "Are you strong enough to pull someone along with you?".

keep doing what you are doing, don't rest on your laurels

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great leadership, and amazing culture. It is more like family than a job. You can count on everyone to be there for you. Learn something new everyday, you are around great people everyday.

Cons

Don't see any cons at this time. It is an amazing place to work.

Keep up the good work.

Nothing but great things to say...

Current Employee - NOC Technician  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - NOC Technician in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, work-life balance is amazing, time-off is supplied and abundant, and everyone is very good to each other! Working for Quicken is really like working with Family. I couldn't believe the perks of this job, and how creative everyone is. Every day I am surprised by something that this company does.

Cons

Busy and hectic at times, but they make sure its worth the headache!

Keep it up!

BEST JOB I'VE HAD HANDS DOWN.

Current Employee - The Recruitment Team  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - The Recruitment Team in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The culture here is so different from other corporate offices. It is a very fast paced and competitive environment with tons of opportunity to grow and excel in the company. QL asks for you to be an independent worker as well as a team player, which is a large factor in the company's success. Quicken Loans is developing business LEADERS all other companies are just following the pack.

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard and put in the hours, Quicken Loans is not for you. Your days will be busy and full of deadlines, those who are successful in the company reap the benefits of their hard work. Do not expect to be babied or walked through your day to day duties. Quicken Loans has an excellent training program and once you are done training QL challenges you to find the answers on your own. That's not to say peers and leaders are not available to help, but you had better at least researched and tried some things before you ask for the answers.

If they are not already, I advise every leader to make time to have one on one meetings with the people on their team. While interning here I saw how impactful it is to be coached and praised on your progress with this job.

Worked for Quicken Loans? Contribute to the Community!