Quicken Loans

Updated October 21, 2014
3.7

Quicken Loans CEO Bill Emerson
Bill Emerson

Pros
  • I also had a chance to experience the work environment and why Quicken Loans is number one (in 27 reviews)

• Good benefits and perks with discounts at many restaurants and stores downtown (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is the number one reason team members leave QL (in 51 reviews)

• no work life balance, management cares about sales not necessarily the individuals (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

AMAZING Internship Experience

Current Employee - Intern in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Quicken Loans offers an innovative work space unlike any other internships in the Detroit area. We have bright colored walls, graffiti on the floors, and even slushie and popcorn machines in our kitchens! It's even likely to see someone riding a scooter down the hallway.

The company values teamwork, so everyone you work with is excited for you to succeed and learn more about the mortgage industry and about the City of Detroit.

We were also offered free parking and perks during Internship events, which balanced with the low internship pay rate compared to other corporate companies.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say about my internship experience. I was pleased with all aspects of the program.

A better internship experience than I could have imagined.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Where do I start? Everybody that I met at the company is a great resource for knowledge and very willing to help out with questions or guidance. It is laid back in dress code and culture, yet a lot of work still gets done and there is an emphasis on that, and especially doing quality work. Both my leader and mentor pushed me to figure things out myself yet would eagerly point me in the right direction or provide me answers if I really could not figure them out myself. If I ever had any questions, I never had to worry about not being able to answer them. As an intern, I was given loads of opportunities to go to events, such as Tigers games, a tour of Ford Field, and the annual summer IT Family Gathering. All the higher ups (highest ups, Dan Gilbert and Bill Emerson) are much more reachable than those of other corporations, despite how busy and important they are. I feel pride to work underneath them. I learned a ton! Especially in terms of practical knowledge applicable to other environments. It was understood that I was an intern but I was given the work that full-time team members are and treated as such, which is quite what I wanted to experience. All my team mates and leader were all incredibly supportive and would shower me with complements, which is absolutely a boost to my self-esteem and feeling of importance. Definitely one of the best "jobs" I have ever worked, and it has really changed my mind about the future, as I have certainly been enticed to coming back.

Cons

I quite honestly cannot think of any. Maybe the atmosphere is not for everyone (such as quite conservative types), but I loved it here.

You guys are doing a great job, keep on keeping on with the trajectory you're following, and I am proud to have worked for you this summer!

Experience of a lifetime!

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-professional yet laid back environment
    -friendly coworker and always willing to help
    -amazing intern events. Tigers games, carnivals and many more!
    - very understanding leaders

Cons

There were not any cons at all! As soon as something might have went wrong it was easily taken care of.

Great Intern Experience

Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Business Development Intern in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-The culture is amazing. Everyone is supportive and ready to help.
    -You are treated like an equal even as an Intern.
    -Incredible opportunities and benefits available.

Cons

-Not a lot of training. I can see how this could be an issue with some people.

None.

The experience was awesome.

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Overall, the company is great. The culture is awesome.

Cons

I feel there should be more training programs to facilitate interns know more about the company.

An internship with Quicken Loans is unlike any other and a huge learning opportunity.

Current Employee - Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Intern in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There are so many awesome things about quicken loans. The office environment "Cleveland Location" is in the middle of downtown with so many great things going on. The office culture is great with everyone being polite, welcoming you like a family. Also, so many great things about the office including the bright color walls, short cube walls, Golden Tee, ice machines, scooters, fathead name tags, snack dispensers, and many other things. The leadership is beyond anything I have ever experience. I was under Rob Peeples, and truly happy that I had this experience. He was such a great leader, and always there if I needed anything at all. Also he helped me with many important lessons and helped increase my sales management skills. There are also many great benefits, including intern activities and volunteer opportunities.

Cons

I do not have any cons so far.

Experience second to none

Current Employee - Deed Team(Legal Services) in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Deed Team(Legal Services) in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The internship is paid. You learn more about business than any class can offer. So much opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. Interns also get paid to attend after-hours events, such as sporting events (Tigers and Red Wings games), and other fun social events in which you can use to network with upper management and executives.

Cons

There are not really any cons. Like all companies, interns are inexperienced, so in the beginning you "follow the herd". But as with anything with a steep learning curve, you have the ability to take on more responsibilities. It is what you make it.

My experience at Quicken Loans and the QL family of companies has been very fulfilling

Current Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The companies have amazing culture, diversity, and opportunities. QL cares about their team members and offers a vibrant work environment where you are allowed to pursue and mold your career.

Cons

Sometimes coaching lacks structure or depth. It's hard to remember this company is still young.

Keep everything the same. My only wish is more detailed coaching and guidance.

My internship experience at Quicken Loans was a great one!

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The internship program at Quicken Loans is different from other programs. First off, I was paid for my time at Quicken Loans and its family of companies. Secondly, I was never made to get coffee or run errands. Throughout my internship, I was given projects and tasks in which I could directly apply skills I learned in the digital marketing program at my university.

Cons

The projects I worked on involved many aspects of marketing including data mining /analysis, legal concerns, technology, creative, and financials. These projects resulted in gaining experience and knowledge of management/reporting software and showed how technology helps companies and their marketers to create lasting relationships with their clients. I am confident that I will be able to use the skills I learned throughout this internship in my career.

Internship

I have been working at Quicken Loans as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Throughout this internship I learned a lot about Quicken Loans and Family companies. I also had a chance to experience the work environment and why Quicken Loans is number one.

Cons

This company is great there are no cons.