Quicksilver Express Courier

Mike Crary

Fantastic company

Former Employee - Accounting in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Accounting in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working in the office is a great experience. Owners and other high ups are accessible and value good ideas. Good workers are recognized. Positions are almost always filled from within.

Cons

There aren't a lot of job openings available in the office. Most positions are hired from which is great but can be difficult to obtain a job here at any given time. Jump at any chance. Drivers are always wanted.

Keep it up

They dislike the the drivers.

Current Employee - Courier in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Courier in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to get a job. They have an incredible turnover so you can get hired very easily. The company is growing and is always looking for drivers.

Cons

Low pay; you don't know what a run pays. Have to leave sticker on car when off duty. They don' keep you in your area. Too many unnecessary miles driven. Your better off with a 1099 job and getting deductions.

I'm not your boyfriend or husband or son. Be more professional.

only a glutton for punishment for punishment should work for QEC

Former Employee - Driver in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Driver in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No reason for anybody with self respect to work here

Cons

Abuse from customers, management and poor communication between office staff

Be a driver for a month and see if you like how you are treated

Quicksilver is not an employee friendly company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are good. Pay is fair but could be better. Certain office personnel are fabulous and pleasant to work with.

Cons

Verbal abuse by supervisors is normal, has no problem jeopardizing the safety of employees so that the job is accomplished. TERRIBLE benefits, no pension, no 401K, no health care, no sick time and very limited vacation time. Employee burn out happens very quickly.

Quicksilver needs to focus on the health and welfare of their employees by offering a benefits package, better vacation/sick time package and a better salary. You need to VALUE your employees more.

Family like atmosphere.

Current Employee - Courier in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Courier in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice group of people to work with.

Cons

Wear and tear on vehicle is very expensive and makes it hard to make a living.

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Courier in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Courier in Denver, CO

I have been working at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time

Pros

The work hours are good. But not a set schedule

Cons

You ruin your car. You spend more than you make in gas.

One of the best jobs I've ever had.

Current Employee - Courier
    Current Employee - Courier

Pros

Scheduling is immensely flexible; from part time to 7 days a week, you can make your own schedule (with advance notice, of course). Staff (dispatchers and management) is down-to-Earth. Pay is pretty good, at least to me, for what you're doing- it's mostly dependent on your willingness to work and willingness to take mileage runs (out of the city, et cetera). They also reimburse for gas usage (27 cents/mile).

Cons

Of course, the fact that you use your own vehicle (unless you work in Freight); this also means you have to maintain and have very high insurance coverage on your vehicle. As an on-call, non-routed driver, your deliveries are random and you may get a lot of low-priority (read: lower paying) jobs throughout any given day simply based on where you're located in town. They don't offer any health coverage, but who does these days?

Please have more discretion in hiring; it seems you hire some riff-raff. I've seen fellow drivers with their shirt tails out, with superfluous tattoos, looking generally unkempt, and who grunt at me when I give them a greeting. I'm all for equal opportunity, but I feel we may lose some customers due to this and that affects the potential salary of drivers who make efforts to look and act professional.

Good 9-5 place

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier

Pros

Great pay and benefits. I would say the environment and people are all really nice and easy to get along with.

Cons

Not much interesting work. Just kind of clock in and clock out kind of job. Be prepared in case you are looking for something really different or exciting

Quicksilver rip off report

Current Employee - Driver in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Driver in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

You work first shift and there flexible.

Cons

You don't make enough to survive. You burn out your car because you only get a small % of the customer charge. They give the customer great deals and rip off the driver. Bottom line you dont make money and they use you to make money.

I still miss them....

Former Employee - Courier in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Courier in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Quicksilver Express Courier full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work hours. Incredible staff support. Encouraging and good supervision. High morale.

Cons

Low salary compared to inflation rates

Loved the company, but it could pay more.