Quidsi

www.quidsi.com

Quidsi Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Maria Renz

They really don't care about their employees

Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) Gouldsboro, PA

Pros4 10 hour shifts was nice but most weeks we had to come in for mandatory overtime anyway.

ConsHuman resources is a bunch of liars. They don't care about you , your well being or safety. If you have an issue down to your swipe card they give you an attitude. Its freezing cold in winter and extremely hot in summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some new management.

It started off okay and then went down hill.

Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsMet a lot of colleagues. A nice view of the water front. Free snacks and 25 cent vending machine. Perfect location for commuters.

ConsManagement, supervisors (team leads). Very strict rules: no eating at your desk, no cell phones on your desk and/or in use, can't surf the internet at down times. Point rule/system is enforced. For example, if you're a minute late you may receive either 1pt or half a point and once you get to 6 you're put on "Final Warning," or fired. You may have pto but you can't use it the times you may need to. Work schedule is based on quality scores and seniority. No real promotions from this department. The promotions might be within customer care such as a wow expert which means absolutely nothing except you can take escalated calls or a team lead which is a supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up a little since your best employees have left and they're actively looking. Try to go back to the old way.

Management needs to trust their senior employees

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Gouldsboro, PA

ProsGood Benefit Package, Some fellow employees are hard workers. Good starting salary for the area. Very innovative automated warehouse. Company has the stability of being backed by Amazon.

ConsMany of the jobs are mindless. Some of the management isn't qualified for their positions. They jump to conclusions and have no idea how to fix most problems. The company hires outside for some positions and when a senior employee tells the management that the new hire isn't working out they blame the senior employee for the problems. The management gossips about the peasants (employees).

Advice to Senior ManagementPull your heads out of the clouds, Promote people with experience in the position rather than hiring outside and basing your hiring on their polished resumes. Stop with the popularity contests. Get out on the floor and actually monitor the employees. Don't assume everyone but yourself is slacking off. Give the employees a pat on the back now and again.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Care dept is not good.

Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsNice, smart co-workers. Good salary. Free/low-priced snacks.

ConsCustomer Care attendance policy woes. Former policy--6 lateness/attendance points--you're fired. Accrued points fall off after 90 days. NEW attendance policy--5 lateness/attendance points--you're fired. Accrued points fall off after 180 days. No medical notes accepted for absences any longer. PTO and points taken and assessed even re: situations beyond your control--like pub transportation problem or bad weather. No sick days at all. PTO slowly accrued. I don't know about the rest of the company, but this is specifically the case for customer care, which is predominantly African American and Hispanic. Morale is low. It's possible that new hires are being brought in at lower pay and that this company is using the attendance policy to "clean house" of higher paid reps. It's a shame. Hard-working, punctual reps aren't valued or appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalking around the room fist-bumping people does not a good mgr make. Your attendance policy and your treatment of your employees speaks volumes about the kind of people you are. You've got some great people working for you, and you don't seem to appreciate that. This attendance policy affects people's LIVES. Also, all of your team leads should have the same level of professional COMPETENCY AND ABILITY. They simply don't.

Not a place you will learn or grow

Marketing/Creative (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsIf you like a job that isn't challenging, then work here. There is a happy hour on thursdays.

ConsDealing with upper management and their lack of trust in the team under them to do what they are skilled at or hired to do. There is absolutely no career development here. There is no innovation on any of the teams. The CMS tools are crippled and built/managed in china.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to develop your team. Let them lead a little bit. Innovation can go a long way. Stop running the same failure over and over.

A revolving door of micromanagers

Prosfun people, free snacks and easy commute from NYC

Consterrible management
    in New Jersey
    no one stays more than 3 years
    unorganized
    unprofessional

Advice to Senior Managementhire when you need to, don't be so cheap.

A joke.

Designer (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsLove the sites, products, customer service, brand. I was excited to work on a site/product that I would actually use. In fact, I still do.

There's a great mix of people, so you're bound to find a close-knit group of friends from the people you meet here.

Amazon benefits. The discounts, perks, stock options, benefits were great.

I'd describe the culture as corporate-fun. If you came from an uber corporate company, this would be a fun place to work for you. If you came from a true start-up, you'll probably want to vomit a little at the forced 'start-up' culture they put into place.

ConsManagement is unorganized and disrespectful to their staff, especially the marketing creative team. They still claim to be a "start-up", which is their poor excuse for forcing their designers to work 60 hours a week and make last minute changes after projects are finalized.

I'm sure it used to be a fun place work at before the Amazon acquisition, but now it's just a big corporation who's losing money and customers because upper management doesn't know how to make decisions that POSITIVELY affect their customers. Middle and upper management are always wishy-washy about their decisions, and creative always gets the brunt of the back and forth.

Chances are, you'll start off as a freelancer and they'll try to reel you in as a full-time employee after a while. Don't do it. Trust me.

Meetings upon meetings upon meetings. Too many meetings about having more meetings.

Treated like a replaceable piece of garbage.

Photographer (Former Employee) Gouldsboro, PA

ProsNice equipment. No work on weekends.

ConsCorrupt administration, human resources refuses to help employees, managers harass employees, turnover rate of employees is extremely high, will get fired for unimportant reasons, unsympathetic, unfair pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay close attention to who you place in charge. And listen more to what your employees have to say.

Used to be a great company but don't join now

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsStill awesome people and great CEO and COO

ConsPoor management, after merger with Amazon lost small company individuality, lost passion and happiness. Managers and above just waiting to get their stocks before leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire unprofessional managers

Only reason I stay is because I have a job.

Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) Gouldsboro, PA

ProsAffordable insurance since Amazon take-over

ConsLack of communication within management. Lack of communication between management and employees. Constant and erratic changes of processes and procedures. Complete lack of thought for application of new procedures. Employees are essentially treated like cattle. Point system is a joke (website says paid vacation and holidays. If you don't earn the time off, AND have it approved, you get no time off. Sick days? Same pool of Paid Time off, and it's a complete joke). HR couldn't care less about employees. Pay grade is poor. Turnover is super high. Absolutely no care for a degree in any way. Promotions based on attendance, NOT performance or longevity of employment. Typically useless coworkers. "Mandatory" overtime without any notice. "Final Written Warning" for any breach of rules and regulations, without prior warnings or coaching of any kind.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit screwing around. The people in the office run the building, yet they don't know anything outside their 4 walls. How do things actually work on the warehouse floor? If ANY member of management had any real idea of employee conditions (application of procedures, typical hurdles, etc), things might change. Favoritism is an extreme.

Worked for Quidsi? Contribute to the Community!