QuikTrip

QuikTrip Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

QuikTrip President and CEO Chet Cadieux III

Chet Cadieux III

Pros:
  • "The pay and benefits were great"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Great pay, wonderful benefits, excellent perks, and awesome peope to work with"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "No breaks - You will literally be on your feet running around the entire time you are not on the register"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Most employees (especially the upper management) started at the most entry level positions"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Pay and Benefits!

Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat pay, 55k a year for working at a gas station, easy work load, great coworkers, 401k matching, great time off, as long as you do your job and don't complain you move up quick, over 3k in bonuses a year just for showing up, profit and secret shop bonuses. Get to actually see the upper management a lot and constant feedback. Always extra shifts available to make even more money!!!!!!! And last but probably most important.... QT is always ranked in the top 100 companies to work for in Fortune magazine!

Conshave to start on overnights and work weekends, but really it's worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what your doing.... it's working!

Best job I've had!

Part Time Clerk (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe benefits are endless, the people are great and if you work had its so easy to move up in the company!

ConsThe only things about moving up after being a part time clerk is you HAVE to work over nights. Its dangerous and also doesnt work for a lot of people like single parents or students.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people take breaks! Many people pick up doubles to help ouy or make extra money but that's how their shops become less than 100%. I think even a 20 minute break would greatly improve people's attitude. I also think move people would like to work for the company if you made better schedules for the RA and NA position. There are so many "would be amazing managers" clerks who just can not move up because of those crazy schedules!

2A Manager

ProsThe money is great! QuikTrip is a growing company! I get about 2 weeks off a year.

ConsThe hours at first are not very alluring, working weekends and evenings.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company, Sucky Hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great, the pay is decent, customers are nice

ConsHours! 46 hours a week mandatory is very draining, never heard a good job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to say good job

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Work ethic will be redefined for you.

First Assistant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Prosthey take care of their customers, they try to help you in your career, and they do anything they can to try to keep you once you get in.

Consstressful, intimidating training, schedules are rough.

Advice to Senior Managementsome store managers need retraining on their focus to, and how they go about training assistant managers to improve their job performance.

Not the same

ProsCoworkers and the flexibility of schedule when you are a clerk.

ConsDivision Office staff (TM's and Supervisor's)

Frustrating, but well paid.

Night Assistant (Current Employee)
    North Richland Hills, TX

ProsThe pay is great and its not a bad place to meet new people.

ConsThe employees always have an attitude. The trainers will treat you with respect but after training everyone will talk with a condescending attitude. The employees need to learn that if you don't feel like coming into work, then don't. And save the trouble for the person that just worked his shift and has to listen to you complain and cry about it. Also they say they don't micro manage, but in reality they do nothing but nit-pick.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave two people work the night shift so that twice as much can be done at night and one person doesn't have to rush through and make everything look sloppy.

Quality company with great management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsPay and benefits were great. Management had a clear vision for the company that was shared throughout the ranks.

ConsNot too many negatives to think of. Obviously starting out as an associate you don't get the good shift/days off, but it evens out as you progress through the ranks.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Love this Company

Relief Assistant (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsTuition Assistance, Benefits, good pay and we can take DAYS OFF whenever we want!!! What else could you ask for?! plus, 2 weeks paid vacation after only one year with them!!! best company ever!!!

ConsI have no cons and all I can add is this really has been the best job I ever had and it's not easy to leave and get another job, you just won't find a better one. Some customers might decide to give you a hard time, but that can happen anywhere!!

I enjoy working at Quik Trip. Great company

PT Clerk ERP (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe benefits are great. I was 21 and in college and I had a 401K. If you add up all of my bonuses and I made 13.07 dollars a hour working part time.

ConsYour on your feet for 8 hours a day. Buy some good comfortable shoes.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn employee discount would be great

Worked for QuikTrip? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at QuikTrip reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for QuikTrip CEO Chet Cadieux III. All 202 reviews posted anonymously by QuikTrip employees.