QuikTrip

QuikTrip Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

QuikTrip President and CEO Chet Cadieux III

Chet Cadieux III

Pros
  • great pay and benefits for what the job is(in 18 reviews)

• Great pay at all levels from store employees to part time office staff all the way up(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • No breaks - You will literally be on your feet running around the entire time you are not on the register(in 15 reviews)

• Most employees (especially the upper management) started at the most entry level positions(in 10 reviews)

Great Management!!

Clerk (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsGreat place to excel in management. Works with your schedule. Care about their employees. Overall great company.

ConsHave to be on your feet 24/7. Very fast paced.

Relief Assistant/Night Assistant

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPay and shifts go by pretty fast; great company to work for

Consschedule was pretty static with whatever position you are in; overnights, weekends, holidays usually have to be worked

Advice to Senior Managementgo public so I can buy some stock and make millions

Solid company, on all grounds

Part Time Clerk (Current Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsBonuses
    Co-workers are usually great
    amazing support to all employees
    very flexible hours

Conssometimes you will get a really cranky customer

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what your doing. and also thanks for the company raise!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company you'll discover

ProsPay, benefits, atmosphere. Everyone respects one another. Easy to advance in the company as long as you do youf job. Pretty straight forward tasks everyday.

ConsThe only challenges are customers. As long as you come in open minded and work hard, quiktrip will provide for you.

Great Place

Store Manager (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat pay, wonderful benefits, excellent perks, and awesome peope to work with.

ConsCompany has recently begun moving toward amore oney focused business plan instead of employee focused. I hope this ends sooner rather than later.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful not to become too focused on the money over employees viewpoint. It will backfire sooner or later.

Great Pay and Benefits!

Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat pay, 55k a year for working at a gas station, easy work load, great coworkers, 401k matching, great time off, as long as you do your job and don't complain you move up quick, over 3k in bonuses a year just for showing up, profit and secret shop bonuses. Get to actually see the upper management a lot and constant feedback. Always extra shifts available to make even more money!!!!!!! And last but probably most important.... QT is always ranked in the top 100 companies to work for in Fortune magazine!

Conshave to start on overnights and work weekends, but really it's worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what your doing.... it's working!

The land of financial peaks and valleys

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe wages for employees are at the top of the market. The benefits are outstanding, and the retirement plan beats the market on a consistent basis.

ConsThe pay structure, while providing a way to make a living for every full-time employee working there, skews from position to position and store to store. Promotions become costly, to the point where employees who want to advance through the company have to make tough decisions. By the time you top out in your position, your pay is docked with promotion to next level. You have to gamble when making a choice to get promoted on whether you can get quickly promoted (again) to make up earnings lost... (40% in my case by moving up one tier). I never took that promotion, and while I made excellent pay, got burned out in same position.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive pay increases with promotions and tempt good people into higher positions.

ok, not great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosdays go by really fast.

Consno lunch, no break at all.

Work ethic will be redefined for you.

First Assistant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosthey take care of their customers, they try to help you in your career, and they do anything they can to try to keep you once you get in.

Consstressful, intimidating training, schedules are rough.

Advice to Senior Managementsome store managers need retraining on their focus to, and how they go about training assistant managers to improve their job performance.

Best job I've had!

Part Time Clerk (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe benefits are endless, the people are great and if you work had its so easy to move up in the company!

ConsThe only things about moving up after being a part time clerk is you HAVE to work over nights. Its dangerous and also doesnt work for a lot of people like single parents or students.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people take breaks! Many people pick up doubles to help ouy or make extra money but that's how their shops become less than 100%. I think even a 20 minute break would greatly improve people's attitude. I also think move people would like to work for the company if you made better schedules for the RA and NA position. There are so many "would be amazing managers" clerks who just can not move up because of those crazy schedules!

Worked for QuikTrip? Contribute to the Community!