QuikTrip

QuikTrip Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

QuikTrip President and CEO Chet Cadieux III

Chet Cadieux III

Pros
  • great pay and benefits for what the job is(in 18 reviews)

• Great pay at all levels from store employees to part time office staff all the way up(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • No breaks - You will literally be on your feet running around the entire time you are not on the register(in 15 reviews)

• Most employees (especially the upper management) started at the most entry level positions(in 10 reviews)

Hard, character building but absolutely worth it.

Full Time Clerk (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe people, my coworkers, and knowing a company actually values me as an employee.

ConsThere aren't any in the state I'm going to school at, so I work for big companies that treat me like a number, not a person.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalt Lake City Division.
    Please.

A company that actually cares. A lot of opportunity.

Initial Trainer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsEntry level assistants make a bare minimum of 40k to start. Within 2 years, automatic raises put you close to 50k, even if you don't get promoted. Tons of opportunity to get promoted. Corporate big wigs don't act like they are better than you.

Consfor entry level assistants, you start out with an all nights schedule, or a mix of morning, evening, and nights schedule. It's a very rough schedule, but the pay is very high for an entry level/no degree required retail job.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ever change and let corporate become the evil, out of touch, lazy monster that most corporate departments are.

Lots of hours, but you get burned out FAST

Clerk (Current Employee)

ProsGives you as many hours as you want
    fun people to work with
    easy
    a little above minimum wage
    bonus's after 6 months
    ability to move up quickly
    flexible schedule
    won't make you work
    15 days of sick and personal time off
    money if you refer people and they get hired
    plenty of promotion options to fit your personality
    good company

ConsCustomers are idiots
    have to be happy and courteous all the time
    you promote after SIX MONTHS
    not enough money for what you have to put up with
    long shifts
    you get burned out so fast
    same thing everyday
    you're not really supporting a good cause or doing something better with you're life, youre just...making money.
    little consistency in training

Advice to Senior Managementpay us more! as far as the kitchens go, get some consistent training so were not always hearing different things from different people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for students.

Part Time Clerk (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMultiple bonuses even at an entry level: Part time bonus, store attendance bonus, secret shopper bonus
    Flexible scheduling
    Benefits, at entry level: 401k (after 1 yr), health care, tuition reimbursement

Conscompensation doesn't match required work and work quality
    tendency amongst management to delegate more work towards male employees
    management is pushy when asking us to donate to charity

Advice to Senior Managementwe are in 2014, not 1940. women are capable of the same work as males especially considering how basic the work is.
    provide opportunities for students to work at corporate offices rather than forcing us to go through the store

Benefits and pay are great. The work is tedious though.

Part Time Clerk (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Pros-More bonuses than you can keep track of
    -Free food (when it goes stale)
    -Good hours
    -Tuition reimbursement

ConsDepending on the location you work at, it may or may not be totally safe. There is a security buffer set up but it needs some work. At the location I work at, people steal ALL THE TIME. Customers aren't always respectful and they don't really give a flip about how if all of them are dirty at the same time, you have to clean up for everyone.

You also might get really hungry during your shift but there isn't much you can do about it because you usually don't have the time to eat. It's very busy work, but it also gets a little old after a while. The pay might be worth it but I haven't gotten to my six month bonus mark yet. Don't get me wrong though, I would totally recommend someone to this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make favorites. Give hours to the people who deserve and need them. Create a safe environment and don't let people have such a great opportunity to steal product and hurt the company. Most importantly: put enough people on a shift so that it will be successful!! Being understaffed can set things off for weeks!!!

RA

RA Manager (Current Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsGreat company, with clear company expectations.

ConsWorking in a costumer service role.

Nice company to work for, there's room for promotions and growth within the company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ellenwood, GA

ProsPromotions within the company.

ConsThe pay could be better

Great company to work for. They are always on the Forbes top 100 places to work.

PT Clerk ERP (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsEveryday there is something new and fun. There is never a dull moment. If you work hard you with get recognized and move up quickly within the company.

ConsAlthough you are compensated with overtime, working holidays is never a fun thing to do especially if you have a young family.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

great place to work

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Denton, TX

ProsPay was really good, Promotions come fast and easy, always a next step!

Conshours are long, 48 hour week, but 8 hours overtime!! everyone works either really early or really late. open 24 hrs

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Job!! great benefits, 401K, company really cares about employees

Wonderful Place to Work

ProsThe company actually cares about it's employees and cares about input from them.

ConsGeneral public. Actual customers stink, but that is deal with any customer service job.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for QuikTrip? Contribute to the Community!