QuikTrip Reviews

Updated October 29, 2014
4.0

QuikTrip President and CEO Chet Cadieux III
Chet Cadieux III

Pros
  • great pay and benefits for what the job is (in 19 reviews)

• Great pay at all levels from store employees to part time office staff all the way up (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • No breaks - You will literally be on your feet running around the entire time you are not on the register (in 19 reviews)

• Getting yelled at by upper management for things that weren't under your control (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Best company I ever worked for!

Former Employee - Part Time Clerk in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Part Time Clerk in Omaha, NE

I worked at QuikTrip part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

QT works around college schedules, pays above minimum wage, performance bonuses even for part-time clerks, always room to grow within the company and the other employees are a delight to work with

Cons

Sometimes you do have to deal with tricky customers, but that's just customer service

Great company

Current Employee - Night Assistant in Euless, TX
    Current Employee - Night Assistant in Euless, TX

I have been working at QuikTrip full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are wonderful. They want to help you get to where you need to be to do well within the company.

Cons

There is a lot to learn very quickly, and it can be quite overwhelming at first. There is nothing that is impossible, but it's just trying to figure out how to put it all together.

Keep doing what you do.

A job you start with not expecting much perhaps, but soon realize this is home.

Current Employee - Part Time Clerk in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Part Time Clerk in Wichita, KS

I have been working at QuikTrip part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fantastic culture, "QT Culture" is real and alive and well. You leave work knowing you busted your butt and you feel that you will be compensated rightfully, and that your work was appreciated. Managers provide a lot of guidance for you if you are struggling, and work with you to "mold" you to an extent to fit QT's model. Pay is great for the work you do, much higher pay than comparable businesses' offers, and benefits make it very worthwhile even as part time.

Cons

Challenging work at times, expected to be the best at all times, which in and of itself is not a con I suppose. More so just high expectations to be met, and at times some managers fail to instill that goal in employees. Lax leadership at times, but that is generally dealt with quickly by upper management.

Love the idea of resource groups (letting part time employees get a word in edge-wise about possible improvements that can be made). Would like it more if that can be expanded possibly somehow? More meeting times for example?

Great job, hard work

Former Employee - PT Clerk ERP in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - PT Clerk ERP in Wichita, KS

I worked at QuikTrip part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and a good work culture.

Cons

Tough hours, constantly moving, no breaks.

It is what you make of it

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

Great pay
    Easy to take time off
    Great employees (usually)

Cons

Monotonous
    Bad customers
    Constricting
    Very particular

Keep enticing clerks to be the best

Great Job

I have been working at QuikTrip full-time

Pros

Promote from within, great benefits, 401k match up to 6%, work hard and succeed.

Cons

Regional Corporate Leadership do not hold themselves to the same standard as they try to uphold.

Great company very organized, fair, rewarding, and overall a successful company to work for.

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

QT takes care of their employees very well! Tuition reimbursement, competitive pay, ACTUAL SICK DAYS YOU'RE ENTITLED TO, and a positive fast paced atmosphere.

Cons

QT is honestly the best job I've ever had but they don't allow breaks.

Give us a raise! (:

Great company

Former Employee - SALES CLERK in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - SALES CLERK in Norcross, GA

I worked at QuikTrip full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has vast Opportunity, great Company values and pay.
    Tuition reimbursement
    Flexibility
    Insurance

Cons

I can't think of any cons

Was a night manager for 2 months. Decent job if you have no life and don't want 1.

Former Employee - Night Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Night Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at QuikTrip full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting paid every week. It's a good job if you have no education past high school. It's not hard to move up if you are REALLY good at your job.

Cons

When you start as a night manager they advertise an "averaged" manager salary of $36,000. They don't tell you until you're hired that you make $11/hour plus a monthly bonus that fluctuates depending on how your store performs. They also don't tell you that you work the overnight shift BY YOURSELF. As a 23 year old female at the time, that was very scary due to the homeless people and weirdos that lurk at night. On top of taking care of customers, they have a list of 30 things for you to get done before morning shift arrives and your expected to restock the entire store alone. You are also FORCED to work overtime with no scheduled breaks during your shift. You can eat when it's slow or you have "down time" which is like, never. The work made my back hurt terribly and made me an insomniac. I couldn't sleep when I'd get home or on my days off which were Wednesdays and Thursdays, which also wreaks havoc on your social life. Say goodbye to your relationship because unless your partner works nights too, you'll barely see them and you'll be extremely tired whenever you do.

Stop false advertising these managerial positions. Show the actual STARTING salary and tell people upfront how much work is expected of them. Also stop having meetings at 7:30am. It's rude to make someone work all night the have them drive across town to meeting when they're dead tired.

Awful place to work for

Former Employee - Part-Time Night Clerk in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Part-Time Night Clerk in Wichita, KS

I worked at QuikTrip part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is fast-paced, you can get as many hours as you'd like, good pay, coworkers are nice for the most part.

Cons

Managers typically only promote people who either suck up to them, or are sexually attractive. If you do great work, they will not promote you, simply to retain you at their store.

If you think someone is a great worker, then promote them. Don't hold them back and tell them that their performance is inadequate.