QuikTrip Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
4.1

QuikTrip President and CEO Chet Cadieux III
Chet Cadieux III

Pros
  • great pay and benefits for what the job is (in 18 reviews)

• Great pay at all levels from store employees to part time office staff all the way up (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • No breaks - You will literally be on your feet running around the entire time you are not on the register (in 18 reviews)

• Getting yelled at by upper management for things that weren't under your control (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

It is what you make of it

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

Great pay
    Easy to take time off
    Great employees (usually)

Cons

Monotonous
    Bad customers
    Constricting
    Very particular

Keep enticing clerks to be the best

Great company very organized, fair, rewarding, and overall a successful company to work for.

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

QT takes care of their employees very well! Tuition reimbursement, competitive pay, ACTUAL SICK DAYS YOU'RE ENTITLED TO, and a positive fast paced atmosphere.

Cons

QT is honestly the best job I've ever had but they don't allow breaks.

Give us a raise! (:

Great Job

I have been working at QuikTrip full-time

Pros

Promote from within, great benefits, 401k match up to 6%, work hard and succeed.

Cons

Regional Corporate Leadership do not hold themselves to the same standard as they try to uphold.

Part-Time Clerk

Current Employee - Part Time Clerk in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Part Time Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QuikTrip part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture. CEO is very involved and enthusiastic about future growth of company. The best part time job I've ever had. They offer bonuses which are nice for part-time.

Cons

It's retail so dealing with difficult customers from time. Can be monotonous. Standing on feet and moving around all shift without a break may be deal breaker for some, but time flies so doesn't seem that bad.

Keep it up. The number one asset is your employees and they understand this.

great to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

excellent benefits and pay. they put employees first

Cons

very demanding at times when short staff.

more full time clerks

Great company

Former Employee - SALES CLERK in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - SALES CLERK in Norcross, GA

I worked at QuikTrip full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has vast Opportunity, great Company values and pay.
    Tuition reimbursement
    Flexibility
    Insurance

Cons

I can't think of any cons

Was a night manager for 2 months. Decent job if you have no life and don't want 1.

Former Employee - Night Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Night Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at QuikTrip full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting paid every week. It's a good job if you have no education past high school. It's not hard to move up if you are REALLY good at your job.

Cons

When you start as a night manager they advertise an "averaged" manager salary of $36,000. They don't tell you until you're hired that you make $11/hour plus a monthly bonus that fluctuates depending on how your store performs. They also don't tell you that you work the overnight shift BY YOURSELF. As a 23 year old female at the time, that was very scary due to the homeless people and weirdos that lurk at night. On top of taking care of customers, they have a list of 30 things for you to get done before morning shift arrives and your expected to restock the entire store alone. You are also FORCED to work overtime with no scheduled breaks during your shift. You can eat when it's slow or you have "down time" which is like, never. The work made my back hurt terribly and made me an insomniac. I couldn't sleep when I'd get home or on my days off which were Wednesdays and Thursdays, which also wreaks havoc on your social life. Say goodbye to your relationship because unless your partner works nights too, you'll barely see them and you'll be extremely tired whenever you do.

Stop false advertising these managerial positions. Show the actual STARTING salary and tell people upfront how much work is expected of them. Also stop having meetings at 7:30am. It's rude to make someone work all night the have them drive across town to meeting when they're dead tired.

Good company to work for, horrible store managers.

Current Employee - Part Time Clerk in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Part Time Clerk in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at QuikTrip part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits.

Cons

Store managers seem to not care, a lot of them are terrible at their job. They are looked at more as a "boss" not a "leader."

Re-train some of the managers. As a clerk I shouldn't know more then the managers do..

DO NOT WORK HERE!!

Current Employee - ER Relief Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - ER Relief Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QuikTrip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You are able to get bonuses. But your bonuses TOTALLY depends on the store as a whole- NOT you as an individual.

Cons

1. YOUR FEET WILL HURT ALL THE TIME. 2. You work as a Night Assistant-ALONE( Not safe) 3. No breaks 4. They lie and tell you will make $39,000 and you WILL NOT!!! Your bonuses for profit and customer service TOTALLY depends on the entire store staff. 5. You have to pay for additional shirts and pants (only given 3 shirts when you start for a Full Time job) 6. DO NOT BECOME A NIGHT ASSISTANT! You are expected to pick up the slack for all other lazy staff members which is not fair. 7. You will work EVERY FRIDAY SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. 8. Once they convince you to go on Emergency Relief- you will get an extra $1.50 in pay but will have to drive to a different store every night- not knowing what BS you may walk into. I am only there now because I feel trapped. No one will hire me with my current employment is a gas station attendant. 9. Upper level management does not care about managers who have been there a long time and don't do there job because they have seniority. Lastly 10. They have these brainwashing training sessions, to get you to believe you will have stock ownership and so many other perks but in actuality you will only get those perks if you work at a gas station-QuikTrip over 20 years.

STOP LYING TO NEW HIRES. The fact that you post a starting salary of $39,000 is a COMPLETE LIE!!! My bonuses never came close to what my trainer told me what they would be, and I killed myself coming to work everyday for nothing but $10.99 per hour.

Good Core Compay

Former Employee - QTK Team Leader in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - QTK Team Leader in Coppell, TX

I worked at QuikTrip full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is excellent and upward mobility is real if you fit their mold.

Cons

Upward mobility is non-existent if you do not fit the caucasian, conservative photo.