QuikTrip

Updated March 2, 2015
3.9

QuikTrip President and CEO Chet Cadieux III
Chet Cadieux III

Pros
  • great pay and benefits for what the job is (in 19 reviews)

• Great pay at all levels from store employees to part time office staff all the way up (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • No breaks - You will literally be on your feet running around the entire time you are not on the register (in 19 reviews)

• Getting yelled at by upper management for things that weren't under your control (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

A truly caring and giving company.

I worked at QuikTrip full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Promotion fully from within and hard work pays off. Excellent benefits--everything from monthly bonuses to healthcare is the best of any place I've ever worked. The company is truly caring and shows immense appreciation for all of their employees--a lot of the time directly from the CEO himself. Open door policy is encouraged and believed in.

Cons

Once you start dipping into management overtime becomes mandatory (although you are of course fairly compensated at a 1.5x amount), ranging from around two to six hours a week depending on rank.

This has been the most rewarding and flexible job I have obtained for the past 3 years.

Current Employee - Clerk in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Clerk in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at QuikTrip part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can receive very large bonuses even for part time after 6 months. You can take a leave with almost no question and they will still let you start work. Potential to learn from several different management styles and work with many different team member personalities and work ethic.

Cons

Managers often do not give clerks the freedom to eat food if they are working in a busy store during an 8 hour shift.
    Pay is by the hour and only based on how many years you have been with the company unless you get promoted. I can work harder or not harder than my team members, but pay is still based on years with the company which creates little incentive.

Continue to look for ways to encourage and train employees in your store as there are many new employees being hired because of the kitchens. Either come up with a game plan during your shift or allow your clerks to create. Do not just let the clerks run around aimlessly with out direction. Make and effort to ensure clerks are able to eat during their shift.

QT was the best job I've had.

Former Employee - Part Time Clerk in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Part Time Clerk in Mesa, AZ

I worked at QuikTrip part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone is nice, work goes by fast. You feel apart of a team.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. Maybe the occasional crabby customer.

Management is awesome!

QuikTrip was an alright place to work. They pay pretty good, especially if you can get a managers position.

Former Employee - Clerk ERP in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Clerk ERP in Kansas City, MO

I worked at QuikTrip part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good atmosphere most of the time (though some stores are just terrible), lots of managerial jobs.

Cons

They like to play favorites with their employees. They will promote people who don't deserve it in the least, while leaving more qualified personnel on the back burner. Some of the managers are really just rude and lazy.

Pay more attention to who you are promoting and don't be afraid to demote people. Just because someone has been a manager for a long time doesn't mean they still should be/ever have been.

Its an awesome company with great benefits. Everyone comes in on the sale level and has to work their way up.

I worked at QuikTrip

Pros

Promotions are actually attainable and there are always opportunities for growth or to try something else. They encourage education and are very family supportive.

Cons

The entry level involves working at least 2 overnights. If you're not a night owl it can be a deterrent, but this schedule does not last long.

No complaints

This is the best company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Night Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Night Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at QuikTrip full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful pay.
    Great Management.
    Happy youthful employees.
    Fun.

Cons

No breaks.
    Throw away lots of food.

Work breaks in.

Good Company to work for

Current Employee - Part Time Clerk
    Current Employee - Part Time Clerk

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

I came from working a minimum wage job and I believe QuikTrip is definitely a step up. Granted its a LOT of work, and any given shift, you'll be on your feet in communication with people from 6-9+ hours with no breaks. But that way, you get to keep all your money, aside from taxes (no non-paid breaks). A lot of people try to make it seem like its completely miserable not to have breaks, but you get a few minutes in your down time to munch and take a sip here and there. They generally give you as many hours as you can get, when you're part time. (I'm part time, I get about 37 hours a week) and they seem to care more than a normal job would, about your success with the company. Granted, it still is a company, but with nice occasional bonuses and tuition reimbursement, you really can't complain much.

Cons

They say that there isn't seniority, but most managers just stand around and tell you to do things that they could do themselves. Also, people who've worked there longer than you, will generally be treated better than you. But I've had two jobs prior to this one, and that seems to be the case for anyone who is upper level, or has some tenure.

One of the best

Current Employee - PT Clerk in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - PT Clerk in Anderson, SC

I have been working at QuikTrip part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    Free drinks with your own mug while working
    Orientation is super fun
    Managers are amazing
    Co workers really help you out with questions and DAW tasks

Cons

No breaks
    Trainers don't tell you everything that you need to know after you're trained.
    Really fast paced and sometimes over whelming

It is what you make it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at QuikTrip full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Amazing money, vision insurance, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401k, private stock options, endless bonuses, and more

Cons

Stressful job, rough schedules, uncontrollable doubles (if applicable), a lot of responsibility.

Hold everyone to the same standards, including yourselves. Quit playing favorites

Great benefits

Current Employee - Relief Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Relief Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QuikTrip

Pros

QT has some really great benefits with 401k matching and a couple of different health care options. They pay well for a job that doesn't require a college degree.

Cons

Sometimes it can be understaffed and you're pretty much left to deal with it, but this mostly occurs on holidays that managers don't expect to be busy or when there is a staffing shortage and no one wants to work.

I wish more managers would give more feedback on when a job is well done that when something went wrong. Kind of balance the good and bad together, that way the employee isn't left feeling like they haven't done well at all.