QuikTrip

www.quiktrip.com

QuikTrip Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2011's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • great pay and benefits for what the job is (in 18 reviews)

• Great pay at all levels from store employees to part time office staff all the way up (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • No breaks - You will literally be on your feet running around the entire time you are not on the register (in 16 reviews)

• Most employees (especially the upper management) started at the most entry level positions (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

A Good Company

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

Prosfair advancements and very good pay. good benifits and the best ceo u can have. QT is always growing and will always be promoting

ConsThey do like to promote within but they can be a little political and knowing and once u miss out on getting promoted, its hard to be re considered

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only thing is that, there is not a lot of lead by example leaders, and there is a lot of favortism by a lot of managers

Great place to Work

Clerk (Current Employee) Lake St Louis, MO

ProsThe people you work with are friendly. They treat the employees right as far as pay and benefits. It is also very possible to move up through the ranks.

ConsSometimes you have to work early mornings and weekends, but Its a price you have to pay in the retail industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementBest advice for management as a clerk is to use a positive attitude and tone when addressing employees. I notice teams respond better when asked to do things rather than when they are told.

Best Company to Work With

Clerk (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThey know how to treat their employees as much as their customers. The management is amazing. The benefits they offer are even better. Promotions come from within the company. Flexible with schedules.

ConsI can honestly say that I can't think of any downside to working for this comany. I have not experienced anything in this area.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue progressing the way you have. Customers are loyal, employees are loyal and happy. I couldn't imagine working for a company and be treated any better than you treat us. Thank you so much for everything you do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsManagement really cares about employees. They go out of their way to talk to me about how I'm doing and ask me how I like the job and if there is anything they can do for me. My pay is great, benefits are great, and best of all I don't have to worry about layoffs.

ConsHave not seen any yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

QuikTrip is Awesome!

Store Manager (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThey are loyal to their employees and always give them the opportunity to grow and succeed.

ConsThey sometimes allow bad employees too much time to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't always choose the newest and youngest for senior positions. There are some older people working for you that have a lot to offer.

Overall great place to work

Part Time Clerk (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood pay for the job you are doing. Amazing benefits and bonuses for both full and part time positions. Works with school or other personal schedules. Always busy/have something to do. Opportunities to advance as soon as you are ready.

ConsOccasionally has drama that could be eliminated, but not usually a real issue. Redundancy on day to day tasks, but always kept busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest spending more time talking to the clerks (both part time and full time) and finding out if their needs are being filled. While it is the manager's job to keep everyone happy, it is at times hard to please everyone and may be necessary to have an "outside" source take sides.

Awesome!

Clerk (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsWeekly paychecks, you get to know the people that comes in for their daily pop, coffee, and snacks.

ConsCleaning restrooms, and working in the heat to do oil grinding on parking lots.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing needs to change.

QuikTrip sucks.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIt's the perfect environment for the Dunning-Kruger effect to meet with the Pareto principal. Seriously there aren't many pros to working at QuikTrip.

ConsLong hours and horrible schedules. Grossly incompetent management that's completely out of touch with reality. Low pay. Disciplinary process is a joke. Promotion process is based on the good old boy buddy system and not on actual job performance. Managers and supervisors are all friends, making for an incredibly corrupt environment. Policy is written intentionally vague and subjective so employees have no rights.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice to management, it would fall on def ears. To become a manager at QuikTrip you have to be corrupt enough to put profit above all else.

QuikTrip is a good place to work. Hard work won't get you ahead, but your Team members appreciate it.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsGreat pay
    Good Benefits
    Many good people surrounding you

ConsMissing family events and Holidays/weekends due to work
    Insufficient staffing with rigorous demands
    On your feet all day working very fast pace with no breaks at all
    Supervisors can be very demanding and quick to complain and discipline, while ignoring hard work and dedication
    The company touts "Open communication" but they really mean "Don't rock the boat and don't disagree with us, even when we're wrong or making mistakes affecting customers and employees."
    Don't have any health issues related to work or that affect your ability to work constantly --- they'll end your career.
    Promotions are hard to come by in established divisions and jobs outside the store seem to depend on who you know and kiss up to, not dedication or qualification.
    Excessive Politics and growing worse

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have increased profitability by constantly cutting labor hours. That's great -- up to a point. When it affects customer service, not so good. Frankly, we're too lean, running stores with insufficient staffing. Working can be mentally and physically exhausting, always having to rush to try and get work done and still serve customers. (Stress)... You always talk about being the best and providing great customer service (Every Trip Guaranteed) but you cut us too short.

Store appearance and cleanliness has slipped drastically and overall customer service is down (rush, rush, rush! Work work work!...) You're so busy you can't properly watch the large numbers of people in the store and that is why shoplifting and people eating food/drinks and not paying for it has risen. (Short inventory is *always* blamed on the store team--- either they are stealing, OR they "Aren't doing their jobs by paying attention to people in the store.")... However if you're always busy and running around and dealing with lines on the register, no, sorry you DON'T have time to be watching people behind you and ducking out the side and so on. With the workload, having to serve customers on the register, which IS what it should all be about instead feels like "Interruption" from all the work you need to get done..... This is a very poor emotion for employees to have, because customer service is the end all and be all of what we do, yet I can't blame my co-workers for feeling this way when you're overwhelmed with tasks and things you must get done due to lack of staffing. Sorry guys but the DAW timing and 30 min shiftwalks just don't work in reality.

All this puts tension on the store team and causes morale and blame issues. People blaming co-workers for not getting their work done or keeping appearances up so therefore they are behind and in a hole and don't get it done either.

Supervisors then blame employees for the conditions and for customer complaints. Also, try backing up your employees and managers for once. Customer service is king, but remember that if a person is going to take the effort to file a complaint, they are going to "embellish" the story or outright lie---- take it with a grain of salt. Also, listen to your employees. There's a lot of little stuff we could be doing to improve customer service and perception....

One last thing: Stop monkeying around with Bonus pay. It doesn't do us any good to get a 3% raise but make $5k less because you moved money around. The Crind pool is a bad idea.

Basically, LISTEN, and be fair and reasonable.

Very Enjoyable Place to Work

SALES CLERK (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsFlexible Schedule, Friendly Environment, Meet Interesting People, Always something that needs to be done, Many promotion opportunities, easy to learn.

ConsWhen promoted you're expected to work overnights, they never close- expected to work most holidays, minimal employees available in store

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, keep on "weak link" employees, offer feedback to clerks, encouraging words show you appreciate them

Worked for QuikTrip? Contribute to the Community!