QuikTrip Reviews

Reset
4.1
QuikTrip President and CEO Chet Cadieux III
Chet Cadieux III

Pros
  • great pay and benefits for what the job is (in 19 reviews)

• Friendly environment, great pay (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Tough hours, constantly moving, no breaks (in 19 reviews)

• Getting yelled at by upper management for things that weren't under your control (in 12 reviews)

1. A Good Company

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, TX

Pros

fair advancements and very good pay. good benifits and the best ceo u can have. QT is always growing and will always be promoting

Cons

They do like to promote within but they can be a little political and knowing and once u miss out on getting promoted, its hard to be re considered

Advice to Management

The only thing is that, there is not a lot of lead by example leaders, and there is a lot of favortism by a lot of managers

2. Great place to Work

Current Employee - Clerk in Lake St Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Clerk in Lake St Louis, MO

Pros

The people you work with are friendly. They treat the employees right as far as pay and benefits. It is also very possible to move up through the ranks.

Cons

Sometimes you have to work early mornings and weekends, but Its a price you have to pay in the retail industry.

Advice to Management

Best advice for management as a clerk is to use a positive attitude and tone when addressing employees. I notice teams respond better when asked to do things rather than when they are told.

3. Awesome place to work!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Management really cares about employees. They go out of their way to talk to me about how I'm doing and ask me how I like the job and if there is anything they can do for me. My pay is great, benefits are great, and best of all I don't have to worry about layoffs.

Cons

Have not seen any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Best Company to Work With

Current Employee - Clerk in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Clerk in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

They know how to treat their employees as much as their customers. The management is amazing. The benefits they offer are even better. Promotions come from within the company. Flexible with schedules.

Cons

I can honestly say that I can't think of any downside to working for this comany. I have not experienced anything in this area.

Advice to Management

Continue progressing the way you have. Customers are loyal, employees are loyal and happy. I couldn't imagine working for a company and be treated any better than you treat us. Thank you so much for everything you do.

6. QuikTrip is Awesome!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Overland Park, KS

Pros

They are loyal to their employees and always give them the opportunity to grow and succeed.

Cons

They sometimes allow bad employees too much time to improve.

Advice to Management

Don't always choose the newest and youngest for senior positions. There are some older people working for you that have a lot to offer.

7. Overall great place to work

Current Employee - Part Time Clerk in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Part Time Clerk in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Good pay for the job you are doing. Amazing benefits and bonuses for both full and part time positions. Works with school or other personal schedules. Always busy/have something to do. Opportunities to advance as soon as you are ready.

Cons

Occasionally has drama that could be eliminated, but not usually a real issue. Redundancy on day to day tasks, but always kept busy.

Advice to Management

I would suggest spending more time talking to the clerks (both part time and full time) and finding out if their needs are being filled. While it is the manager's job to keep everyone happy, it is at times hard to please everyone and may be necessary to have an "outside" source take sides.

8. Awesome!

Former Employee - Clerk in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Clerk in Wichita, KS

Pros

Weekly paychecks, you get to know the people that comes in for their daily pop, coffee, and snacks.

Cons

Cleaning restrooms, and working in the heat to do oil grinding on parking lots.

Advice to Management

Nothing needs to change.

QuikTrip sucks.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

It's the perfect environment for the Dunning-Kruger effect to meet with the Pareto principal. Seriously there aren't many pros to working at QuikTrip.

Cons

Long hours and horrible schedules. Grossly incompetent management that's completely out of touch with reality. Low pay. Disciplinary process is a joke. Promotion process is based on the good old boy buddy system and not on actual job performance. Managers and supervisors are all friends, making for an incredibly corrupt environment. Policy is written intentionally vague and subjective so employees have no rights.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management, it would fall on def ears. To become a manager at QuikTrip you have to be corrupt enough to put profit above all else.

10. QuikTrip is a good place to work. Hard work won't get you ahead, but your Team members appreciate it.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Great pay Good Benefits Many good people surrounding you

Cons

Missing family events and Holidays/weekends due to work Insufficient staffing with rigorous demands On your feet all day working very fast pace with no breaks at all Supervisors can be very demanding and quick to complain and discipline, while ignoring hard work and dedication The company touts "Open communication" but they really mean "Don't rock the boat and don't disagree with us, even when we're wrong or making mistakes affecting customers and employees." Don't have any health issues related to work or that affect your ability to work constantly --- they'll end your career. Promotions are hard to come by in established divisions and jobs outside the store seem to depend on who you know and kiss up to, not dedication or qualification. Excessive Politics and growing worse

Advice to Management

You have increased profitability by constantly cutting labor hours. That's great -- up to a point. When it affects customer service, not so good. Frankly, we're too lean, running stores with insufficient staffing. Working can be mentally and physically exhausting, always having to rush to try and get work done and still serve customers. (Stress)... You always talk about being the best and providing great customer service (Every Trip Guaranteed) but you cut us too short. Store appearance and cleanliness has slipped drastically and overall customer service is down (rush, rush, rush! Work work work!...) You're so busy you can't properly watch the large numbers of people in the store and that is why shoplifting and people eating food/drinks and not paying for it has risen. (Short inventory is *always* blamed on the store team--- either they are stealing, OR they "Aren't doing their jobs by paying attention to people in the store.")... However if you're always busy and running around and dealing with lines on the register, no, sorry you DON'T have time to be watching people behind you and ducking out the side and so on. With the workload, having to serve customers on the register, which IS what it should all be about instead feels like "Interruption" from all the work you need to get done..... This is a very poor emotion for employees to have, because customer service is the end all and be all of what we do, yet I can't blame my co-workers for feeling this way when you're overwhelmed with tasks and things you must get done due to lack of staffing. Sorry guys but the DAW timing and 30 min shiftwalks just don't work in reality. All this puts tension on the store team and causes morale and blame issues. People blaming co-workers for not getting their work done or keeping appearances up so therefore they are behind and in a hole and don't get it done either. Supervisors then blame employees for the conditions and for customer complaints. Also, try backing up your employees and managers for once. Customer service is king, but remember that if a person is going to take the effort to file a complaint, they are going to "embellish" the story or outright lie---- take it with a grain of salt. Also, listen to your employees. There's a lot of little stuff we could be doing to improve customer service and perception.... One last thing: Stop monkeying around with Bonus pay. It doesn't do us any good to get a 3% raise but make $5k less because you moved money around. The Crind pool is a bad idea. Basically, LISTEN, and be fair and reasonable.

11. Very Enjoyable Place to Work

Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Friendly Environment, Meet Interesting People, Always something that needs to be done, Many promotion opportunities, easy to learn.

Cons

When promoted you're expected to work overnights, they never close- expected to work most holidays, minimal employees available in store

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, keep on "weak link" employees, offer feedback to clerks, encouraging words show you appreciate them

RSS Feed </> Embed