QuinStreet Reviews

125 reviews filtered by
3.2
QuinStreet Chairman and CEO Doug Valenti
Doug Valenti

Pros
  • Just like everyone else has said, work-life balance is ok (in 11 reviews)

• Bright people, great place to learn, laid back environment, stable company, fair compensation (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management don't give any importance to technical growth of company/employee (in 7 reviews)

• Disorganized in most of it's verticals and upper management is a little old fashioned (in 7 reviews)

1. Repetitive.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at QuinStreet

Pros

I'm a part of their telemarketing force, or as they title it I'm a customer service representative. In Short its very relaxed. I can say whatever I want when I'm on the phone as long I am not breaking compliance. I really enjoy being able to actually talk about the internal DNC policy, because so few people know about it. I get to make jokes and have fun. Our break room is well stocked 3 days a week and dwindles by the end of it, but having food at work is always nice. I get two days off a month and have an emergency time off system that most people take advantage of. I keep getting trained in new verticals which is a nice change of pace. If your numbers drop you aren't canned, there's no quota, you instead get retrained and they assess how well you respond. Solid call center management.

Cons

You're going to do the same thing every day. If you like that you're in the right place. For me I like having a chance ot be creative, and although I can have fun on the call, I'm still doing the exact same thing every time. My numbers are fine, but having good numbers pushing a not so good product isn't the best. In the education vertical you're convincing people to sign up for endless spam from for profit schools, in the mortgage vertical its the same game except now they're getting calls from a number of online refinancing companies. The mere process often destroys someone's credit, and you will hear all about it every day. In B2B you are publishing IT white pages, which is solid. I guess. But you are calling leads that are eons old often being met with a response of "He died 15 years ago."

People don't like to call bad leads. If there was a way to actually filter out the old leads you should do it. If you could turn calls into more of a role of data refinement you would be able to make every failure still feel like a success. It's like you're coming so close in so many ways, but It feels like a lot of this information is wasted. That we respond the same way no matter what the client actually needs. If we could fork the call flow into say a 1st time mortgage when calling about refinancing we would be able to better serve the people we call.

2. Thank You!

I worked at QuinStreet full-time

Pros

Smart & Talented co-workers & lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

Resource constraints that cause lots of "waiting" when employees are eager to drive forward

Ensure all departments have the needed staff to avoid bottlenecks. More training. More documentation.

3. Nice to work

I have been working at QuinStreet

Pros

All good things to talk about this company. Very friendly env. Best CEO.

Cons

There is nothing to talk in negative. Company was going through some hard times but will grow again for sure. Already taken very good steps to grow the business in right direction.

5. No opportunity for acquired tech staff

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at QuinStreet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working in a remote office may afford quite a bit of freedom of movement. Company benefits are generous. All offices are supplied with free drinks and snacks. Communication was pretty good, in general. Employees were allowed and even encouraged to express dissent. Might be a good place to start out, but not a good place to stay.

Cons

They are really proud of their technology even though it's not all that good. Acquired employees in technology will be laid off or shuffled off to non technical work once the difficult work and long hours of integration are complete, so there's no opportunity for acquired tech staff. One of their biggest money makers is in advertising for the slimy for-profit colleges like UofPhoenix.

You're probably going to be replaced soon. Turnover in management is extremely high from what I saw. Try finding a more reputable company to work for before you get canned.

6. Good company.

Former Employee - --- in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - --- in Beaverton, OR

I worked at QuinStreet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, intelligent, hard working and dedicated individuals.

Cons

...drive and focus can have its downside.

Satellite offices could use some more appreciation/recognition.

Annual Offsite: From the Palace Hotel to the Foster City Park

Former Employee - Online Marketing Manager in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Online Marketing Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start & strong reputation for training. Just like everyone else has said, work-life balance is ok. Great co-workers. Free soda, tuna, bagels, ramen, coffee, gum, occasional pizza party.

Cons

Driving leads to For-Profit Colleges wears on you. High turnover rate and regular Layoffs. Pay is well below market (25-35%) No 401K match, stingy RSU grants.

Trim the fat more than 8% at a time and start with the people that have been there the longest

8. Okay company

I worked at QuinStreet

Pros

People are friendly and helpful. They can help you grow but you have to know the right people to go to.

Cons

Disorganized in most of it's verticals and upper management is a little old fashioned.

9. Great Company Overall

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The hours are flexible.
    Work hard, play hard.
    Friendly culture - Everyone is willing to help each other

Cons

They do not match 401K.
    Benefits are average - Health, Dental and Eye

10. Great place, growing company!

Current Employee - Vertical Marketing Analyst in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Vertical Marketing Analyst in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy every bit of working at quinstreet. Not only are the people super friendly and capable, but the job is also interesting an meaningful. I am constantly on the job and never feel bored for a second. You decisions make an impact on the business and is respected by your peers.

Management is flexible and transparent. Senior management is open to your ideas and will always provide helpful feedback so you can do better. You will never be discouraged to focus on side projects or skill sets you are interested in developing.

Cons

The company is growing so there are a few human resource constraints. Other than that, workload gets a bit tough at times, but there is always support when you need it.

Invite speakers to come and inspire your workers! They would add to your employees' focus and drive to achieve more.

11. Great people....struggling industry

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time

Pros

Smart, driven people that are always on the look out for new revenue opportunities. Transparent management regarding challenges and changes. Empowered employees to make impact on teams. Entrepreneurial in that individuals can find what works and own the process. Promote from within.

Cons

Limited engineering resources to deploy on projects. Too many projects happening to see all projects through to completion. Waterfall product development leads to long development times, slow iteration and slow learning. Engineering teams prioritize by revenue as QS is a public company, leaving new initiatives with little chance of launching. Silo'd organization with little interaction across verticals. high turn over

QuinStreet Photos