QuinStreet Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
2.9

QuinStreet Chairman and CEO Doug Valenti
Doug Valenti

Pros
  • Great work-Life balance, Good training facilities, Not much hierarchies, Relaxed work environment, Good compensation (in 9 reviews)

• Bright people, great place to learn, laid back environment, stable company, fair compensation (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management don't give any importance to technical growth of company/employee (in 7 reviews)

• Cultural problems stem from out of touch upper management and favoritism (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Stay Away! Absolutely terrible employer

Former Employee - Business Development  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Business Development in Beaverton, OR

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for less than a year

Pros

They rope you in with good benefits, dirt chap health insurance and good salary, bagels, soda, and coffee.

Cons

This company is the absolute worst company I have ever worked for! I worked in the Home Services division and there is absolutely no way that they are even going to come close to matching their competition with their less than lackluster strategy. There is absolutely no branding whatsoever, and there are also no inbound marketing initiatives whatsoever. Making the transition from an employer that had a future to QuinStreet was the absolute worst move I made in my career to date. In addition, my supervisor was by far the most incompetent individual I had the displeasure of working for.

They haven't a clue about what is currently happening in the lead gen industry, so advising them would be pointless.

Director level software engineer

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great compensation, flexible work schedule, some good people work there

Cons

Executive management are lost, decision makers struggle to understand overall

Listen to your employees in the trenches, they know more then you do! Theory doesn't always win the daily battles.

Great company with good people

Current Employee - Associate Editor  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Editor in New York, NY

I have been working at QuinStreet as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible working schedule and location, freedom of creativity, and a great team of support that is encouraging and ready to help when challenges arise.

Cons

Budget issues persist, and communication can be a little disjointed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Absolute worst career move I've ever made!

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Aside from the free soda, bagels and coffee, there are absolutely no pros about working for this company. They lure you in with good benefits and pay, only to drive you into the ground.

Cons

Everything! I was recruited by them to move from the company I was working for at the time, and the benefits package they presented was quite attractive so I took it, then after a month or so working at QuinStreet I could see that this company functions very poorly, has absolutely no vision or long term strategy, and has a poor company culture. Anyone being recruited by QuinStreet to work for them, don't do it. My supervisor in the vertical I worked in touted the company essentially as a "mover and shaker" in the lead gen industry, which QUinStreet definitely is not.

Also, they tout themselves as a technology company, which they certainly are not, the only thing they've done is acquire other tech companies and ATTEMPT to integrate that better technology into their existing verticals, in which they did a poor job.

All they seem to do is blow smoke about how great QuinStreet is doing financially, when in reality, QuinStreet is just losing less money in their key verticals than in the past, check out their earnings call transcripts.

Management doesn't deserve my advice.

Lacking Vision

Former Employee - Client Development  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Client Development in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good market to be in. Lots of potential

Cons

Poor execution. Turnover is out of control.

Too many 'consultants' at the top. Lack of true leadership

Lame, ivy league and similar need only apply

Former Employee - Client Strategy and Development Manager  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Client Strategy and Development Manager in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't really think of any pros.

Cons

limited ability to implement technology or execute plans. Demanding w/o any real understanding of markets. Only want people with elite college degrees.

get over yourself

Contract worker

I worked at QuinStreet as a contractor

Pros

The pay was good for some of the assignments. The people in the office were usually easy to work with.

Cons

The pay per assignment was not always relative to effort. Some assignments took a long time but paid very little. Expectations were not always clearly communicated.

Incentive programs would be a good idea.

Analyst

Current Employee - Vertical Marketing Analyst  in  Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Vertical Marketing Analyst in Foster City, CA

I have been working at QuinStreet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Snacks, Fully stack Kitchen

Cons

Bad Management, people leave as soon as they get a chance and or mostly after a year of experience!

They dont really care so why should i even care! Im out of here, turned my two weeks already!

Marketing , Business analysis

I worked at QuinStreet

Pros

Good company, but hard to conceptualize

Cons

Undeserving and free loaders working in the company, while others work their ass off.

Get rid of Operation Executive, waste of time and space

Too Much Focus of MBAs

Former Employee - Director  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Foster City, CA

I worked at QuinStreet full-time for more than a year

Pros

QuinStreet is a company that pays its employs well and does reward individuals based on performance.

Cons

When I was there, the company was inclined to throw MBAs from elite business schools at every problem. While those professionals are important to a business, they don't work exclusively as line of business managers. Experience seemed to carry less weight than where you went to school and consulting "experience."

Hire people with more real-world experience and stop relying on your model of hiring MBAs from consulting firms such as McKinsey and Bain.

Worked for QuinStreet? Contribute to the Community!