Quintiles

Updated January 23, 2015
3.1

Quintiles CEO Tom Pike
Tom Pike

Pros
  • I believe them when they say that work/life balance is a priority for them (in 51 reviews)

• Good interpersonal relations, good working environment, possibility to work from home (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • This does get compensated by the fact that work - life balance is very nice (in 59 reviews)

• Bangalore office situated in wrong place, there is no work life balance (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Site ID Specialist

Former Employee - Site Start-Up Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Site Start-Up Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Quintiles full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Promotions hard to move up in the department. Perks were good. Training was good when we had our trainer, but when the department dismissed our trainer the training for our department was not efficient.

Cons

Once the owner of the company semi retired the compensation, work-life balance and time off policies changed in our department. I can not spoke for other departments.

Once the owner of the company semi retired the compensation, work-life balance and time off policies changed in our department. i can not spoke for other departments.

Professional Sales Representative

Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I worked at Quintiles

Pros

Great stepping stone for entry level Pharma seekers. Work life balance was tolerable. Management was supportive.

Cons

Offered empty promises. HR remote portal was difficult to navigate. Did not feel apart of the contract company the separation between direct and contract was very evident

Good opportunity to work in a new industry

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Quintiles as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Caring upper management and professional training. Great company culture.

Cons

Contract wasn't renewed and I was laid off.

Good company, core values people, and people

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Quintiles

Pros

good management and understand proper business channels

Cons

limited job security with nature of contract company, sales rep salary cut due to administration overhead and no negotiation

keep doing what you are good at, managing good people in a very professional posture

Was a great job, 2014 downgraded to a good job

Former Employee - Senior Director in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Quintiles full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quinitles is growing and is expanding/hiring in specific areas.
    Quintiles has money to get things done when they are needed.
    Executive Management is not running their CRO business into the ground. They are constantly looking for new ways to expand market share and make money.

Cons

Things have gone from great to good because:
    They went to "sweatshop seating" and crammed everyone in RTP into two buildings.
    Benefits are disappearing (PC purchase plan, etc.)
    Layoffs happen throughout the year and people are starting to be afraid that it can happen to them at any time.

2014 was the year of negatives. Everything got worse, there was nothing in the plus column. Morale needs a boost ... there's got to be some aspect of peoples' jobs that can improve in 2015!

Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Quintiles

Pros

Management treats employees very well.
    Fantastic medical benefits and 401k.
    Low stress environment compared to sales positions at other companies.

Cons

Wide compensation range depending on what the contracting company is willing to pay. Always much lower than the contracting companies sales reps.
    Contracts are generally multi-year but the contracting companies often suddenly end the contract early and often without a severance package. Plan on a one year gig and if it lasts longer that's great.
    Bonus structure is usually all over the board until several months in to the contract.
    Contracting companies ALWAYS announce that they plan to roll the contract sales force into the parent company at the end of the contract. It seldom, if ever, happens.

Be upfront about the "we plan to roll you into our company" fallacy the contracting companies like to promise.
    Be more aggressive on contracts regarding pay, vehicle, vacation and severance.
    Be more helpful getting suddenly displaced employees onto another contract. Once we are displaced (usually due to a contract ending earlier than planned) employees in good standing get no preferential consideration in the hiring process. We have apply with everybody else off the street and get no consideration as a valued member of the team. You are letting good employees slip away by treating them as a throw away sales force.

Working experience ok

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Quintiles

Pros

Flexibility, laid back environment, ability to self manage

Cons

Pay, training, difficult to move between areas

Clinical Data Coordinator

Current Employee - CDM in India, TX
    Current Employee - CDM in India, TX

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Learning, Cooperative Team Members, Good Brand Name.

Cons

No Work Life Balance at all, Comparatively less Pay.

Perks, Rewards should not be restricted till reaching milestones. Take Projects only if you have sufficient resources and don't over burden current resources with more work load.

Thinking you are the best and being the best are two different things.

Current Employee - Senior CRA
    Current Employee - Senior CRA

I have been working at Quintiles full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ok benefits, regional travel which is changing some.

Cons

Thinking you are the best and being the best are two different things. I have seen a decline in how CRAs are treated over the last 5 years, thus my reason for leaving soon. Multitude of protocols with poor training and support from project management and Line Managers was poor. There is more concern with numbers and the bottom line and be able to send an email to say we met this deadline we are so awesome. No you are not awesome, your CRAs are. The problem with thinking you are the biggest and the best will lead to your failure to recruit and retain experienced and talented workers. When you think you are the best you fail to see your own shorting comings and issues. Additionally promoting inexperienced CRAs to management positions because they are your friend, you like them or they may be a family member may be acceptable but it look bad. Your happiness depends on your Line Manager and if your are liked, not if you do your job; because the more you do more is expected. If you voice your concerns you are not a team player

Take of your rose colored glasses and take a hard look at the lower level staff in your company. (How they are treated compensated and promoted)

Unstable

I have been working at Quintiles

Pros

Good benefits and nice junior staff

Cons

Senior staff are often being fired resulting in instability. Most of the management does not understand the lab and so will palce undue blame.