Quintiles

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quintiles CEO Tom Pike

Tom Pike

Pros
  • I believe them when they say that work/life balance is a priority for them(in 40 reviews)

• Good interpersonal relations, good working environment, possibility to work from home(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • This does get compensated by the fact that work - life balance is very nice(in 52 reviews)

• A serious lack of trust in the vision and honesty of upper management has led to plunging morale(in 15 reviews)

Good place to work

ProsGood pay and benefits. Some growth opps depending on areas of specialty.

ConsMoving to lower cost solutions and will impact US job availability

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsVery nice company and good people to work with

ConsContracts have a life of their own and there are no guarantees to length of contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementVacation should not be restricted to company time off during holiday shut downs.

CRA Quintiles

CRA (Current Employee)

ProsGreat training especially for new monitors

ConsLong work hours but they are honestly trying to adjust resourcing.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and make sure they are not overburdened.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vice President

ProsMarket leader in clinical research

ConsVery big company. Can get lost

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosstandard company, great line management

Conswork/life balance, increased metrics, too much admin work

Beware - writing not matching expectation

Educator (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosable to work with patients, HCP and office staff

Consmultiple bosses (or those, who think they are); dep. on manger, no WL-balance, written documents not matching expectations (e.g., JD states NE is for patient support, when in fact NE is used as field sales support); conflicting and often changing directions. Limited term contract always makes you wonder. Make sure to clarify territory size and mgr expectation.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour mission and vision statements are great - either middle & lower management aren't getting it and some cleaning up is in order or it's a pretense.

Top Management Out of Touch with Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost people are very nice and friendly.

ConsMany managers are not qualified for their job. That's why so many employees are shuffled around among the managers. They don't know how to be a good manager, so they hang on to their 'empire' and can give you completely opposite evaluations within one week just because it fits their political needs. They also don't know how to train new hires. They let senior employees that nobody wants to work with micromanage the newbies with poor planning and sometimes melodramas, even though they clearly know that. It's all about politics.

Work load is stressful. Projects are often in a bad shape, so people are over stressed towards the end, especially the CRAs. The attitude is very poor between different departments - balls often get kicked around, liability/bottom line/finger pointing is more important than getting the project done, and the general line is 'other departments and branches don't do their job so we have to clean things up'.

The company culture is all about business needs. They won't even try to hide it. You, as a robot, don't matter. It's about their money. Various career paths are poorly designed as their experimental tools. These programs are not fair, and don't select the best candidates. However, because these fit their business needs, they won't even bother to pretend they care about their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease train the managers. This is a job that can determine a lot what kind of employees the company gets to have and keep. During annual performance review, let people volunteer to anonymously evaluate employees they want to, instead of just letting employees pick whoever like them the most to evaluate them. The truth will never get out that way.

Great People, Unorganized Upper Management

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsMy colleagues and manager were great. It is a lot of work, but that is the nature of the business.

ConsUpper Management is disorganized and doesn't care much about the opinion of mid-level employees. Management does not know how to hold on to good employees and the training is basically non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to assess people and their contributions to the company better. I am a highly affective and productive employee and have been promoted accordingly. However, many of my qualified colleagues have not because they are not as "well liked" by the managers, most likely because they shuffle employees around constantly with different managers and they don't get to know them. Please provide more stability!

Much is expected, little is given

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Livingston, Scotland (UK)

ProsOpportunity to explore other aspects and functional areas of the business. There is a good incentive to take up exercise through the HealthUHealthyQ incentive.

ConsLow pay despite the massive workload given for the job title. Not much listening to employees, more reactive to changes when client complain instead of pro-active prevention and improvement initiatives as as recommended by employees on the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees and offer more person-centred development that are specific to each department. There is a disposition to generalise goals and performance across the whole company which does not work, especially for employees whose job title limits their customer facing skill opportunities. Look at them as not just numbers but human beings first..Offer competitive salaries.

Quintiles Review

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Durham, NC

ProsGreat growth and development structure. Great benefits. Promotes work-life balance. If you put hard work in, they will reward you.

ConsRight now there's a lot of turnover because of corporate changes. Quintile's goals and needs are changing and many people don't like change - it might be to much.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and develop and promote from within.

Worked for Quintiles? Contribute to the Community!