Quintiq

Quintiq Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2014

Quintiq CEO Victor Allis

Victor Allis

Pros:
  • "Achieving a good work-life balance for employees is one of the priorities of the management"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Flexible working hours, and accounted overtime hours"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Although there are some hard times, overall work-life-balance is good"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Software is rapidly evolving, so there are many "growing pains""
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place with energetic co-workers

I have been working at Quintiq full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a great environment where you are surrounded with intelligent dedicated individuals. Lots of growth opportunity. Very relaxed open environment. I don't actually dread staying late or coming in early because the work is interesting.

ConsThough currently growing there is a lot growing that needs to happen to reduce stress and workload on current employees

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Amazing Opportunity

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quintiq full-time for more than a year

ProsThe Quintiq solution offering is uniquely positioned in the marketplace and the level of intelligence and experience across sales, presales and delivery is unmatched in the industry. It's great to work for a company receiving recognition by the industry's top analysts and partners and for that recognition to be reflected in the sales pipeline.

ConsNot enough time in the day!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue growing partner relationships, spend on marketing and investment in sales team.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fast paced, demanding, industry-dominating company that gives AND expects 100% every day!

Sales Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quintiq full-time for more than a year

ProsSales management is driving new sales channels, leveraging the strengths of our solution and exploiting weaknesses of our competitors. Working with the best sales and pre-sales leadership in my career.

ConsEnterprise sales are just tough. Only con I have is that there are not enough days in the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more selective in hiring sales executives and leverage existing team members in the process. Fast growth has led to fast hiring and some bad hires have caused distraction.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast and innovative company with a relaxed, family feel

Quintiq Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Quintiq full-time for more than a year

Pros- Great benefits
- Challenging and interesting work that changes with every project
- Your opinion counts. This not a hierarchy-based organization in terms of decisions

Cons- Generally none, however it should be noted that there may be a limited variety of roles compared to bigger organizations

Advice to Senior Management- Don't allow growth to change the company style

Smart People, Very Stressful Sales

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Quintiq full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart People who enjoy a good time
Soda in kitchen and free coffee

ConsSales Team is Stressed out
High Sales Turnover
Micromanaged department
Sales Support is not readily available
Extremely hostile management

Advice to Senior ManagementSales Management needs to take sensitivity training. It is not professional to have your Management using base language and insulting team members.

Good company, but stressful sales environment

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Quintiq full-time

ProsModern office, smart executive team, good e-learnings to train employees, financially stable company with strong historical growth. CEO extremely bright and much more open and honest with employees than the typical polished American CEO who "spins" everything.

ConsHigh sales turnover. Culture of micromanagement. Salespeople always walking on eggshells. Technical resources for sales support are in short supply and stressed out. Rigid sales process. Salespeople not empowered to make decisions. Management extremely busy and not often available.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider bringing in more professional and experienced middle management or put existing management through leadership training.

Quintiq respects us as employees and helps us achieve happiness in our careers

Consultant (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Quintiq full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMy personal time is respected by compensating me for every hour of overtime that I work.
My career goals are respected by a fair and thorough review process, and my manager works with me to make sure I meet my career goals.
My happiness is respected because I am always invited to provide my thoughts and feedback, and in return, Quintiq is extremely open and honest (in glassdoor style) in the responses. Quintiq tries hard to not hide anything from us, and in fact, they are extremely proactive in sharing everything with everyone, we usually don't even need to ask. It's nice to always know what's going on, but at the local and global level within the company.
My confidence is high while working here, because I know our company is incredibly strong, and getting stronger every day. It's wonderful to work for a company that is moving so fast on the fast-track.

ConsSome months will be busy. Other months will be slow. That's just the nature of project-based work.
There may be travel required depending on your role here, which isn't necessarily a 'Con' unless you don't like traveling...

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on keeping us happy as employees, and we will continue to work hard to make this company an even greater success.

Excellent software and consulting company

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quintiq full-time for more than a year

ProsInteresting work with reasonable clients.
Growing fast with significant career growth potential.
Extremely collegial atmosphere; upper management always open about the state of the company.
"Delegation" and "ownership" really mean something here.
Profit sharing and stock ownership programs; 401k with match.

ConsGrowing pains - overstretched middle management.
Over-optimistic project estimation.
Some "not invented here" attitudes.
Potential for high travel and periodic long weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the collegiality and openness while building up additional internal management.

Great opportunity for growth

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Quintiq full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFast-paced and rapidly growing company with a market-leading product and an excellent corporate culture. Opportunities abound as the company expands.

ConsSome growing pains, but these are minimal and these have been handled with common sense approach

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the culture intact as we grow

Great culture, great benefits, great people!

Quintiq Specialist (Current Employee)
Wayne, PA

I have been working at Quintiq full-time for more than a year

ProsVery egalitarian atmosphere which means everyone's input is valued and anyone can potentially make a contribution to any part of the organization. You work with amazing and talented people who respect each other and are compassionate to one another. Everything is based on very powerful software which allows you to implement just about anything you could think of and in a very short amount of time. Large amount of growth over the last 10 years.

ConsBe prepared for a lot of responsibility and ownership. You'll need personal discipline because sometimes you will be given a lot of work with little direction and a short amount of time in which to complete it. Knowledge sharing is encouraged but the infrastructure for communicating throughout the organization is in its infancy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Worked for Quintiq? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quintiq reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quintiq CEO Victor Allis . All 71 reviews posted anonymously by Quintiq employees.