Quintiq Reviews

Reset
3.8
Quintiq CEO Victor Allis
Victor Allis

Pros
  • Good working environment with work life balance possible (in 9 reviews)

• Decent physical working environment with plentiful of refreshments (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains - overstretched middle management (in 5 reviews)

• Severe micro-management of sales team (in 4 reviews)

1. Refreshing, challenging, and flexible

Current Employee - Quintiq Specialist in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Quintiq Specialist in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Quintiq full-time

Pros

- Currently, great benefits: time-for-time pay is a fair way to ensure we get compensated for the effort we put forth. Though this sometimes rewards the inefficient/dishonest. - Creative, funny, (somewhat nerdy/quirky) co-workers who make the "dishonest" part of my first comment not very relevant for Q. Awesome folks. - General concern for employee well-being. Most companies advertise this component, but Q delivers. - Management will allow you to go at your own pace, within reason. If you excel, they're going to throw a lot at you (and compensate you fairly). If you put in an average effort, that's OK, but adjust your raise/promotion expectations accordingly. - Leadership and vision (especially from CEO) is top notch. Working at Quintiq has been so educational and challenging that I don't feel like I need to pursue an MBA or another degree to advance my skills/knowledge base. I enjoy going to work every day and I feel like I'm growing skill-wise. - Leadership lets you *own* a lot of components of a project. You'll own customer communication and a lot of solution design. It's really cool and refreshing -- you will NOT be stifled creatively. - Growing footprint in the industry and powerful, highly-customized software. On the technical cutting edge in a field of dated players. - If you're responsible, your schedule can be flexible. There's no issue with leaving early one day or coming in late another. You can take vacation when you'd like - you just need to clear in advance because of project requirements. - Nice little perks like unlimited soda, snacks and coffee. Two well-financed corporate parties and quarterly dinners/presentations. - Monthly 1 on 1 meetings with directors to ensure you're in a good place and you like working at Q.

Cons

- A lot of us are worried about the acquisition. This may change a lot about the structure of our benefits and our work environment. So, 2016 brings uncertainty. - If you're project is not in a great place, your hours will stack up. You will be expected to do what is needed to bring it back to "green". This means nights and weekends. - Adding to this, when your project is in a bad state leadership will get involved and often times this adds A LOT of work. Expectations from leadership can sometimes be unrealistic and there is less flexibility to solve issues than normal. The big guns come in, do their thing, you'll be a foot soldier, and hopefully the project will go back to a good state. - WLB can be pretty good, but many of us are tacitly expected to answer customer calls at night and during weekends. We're also expected to provide support outside of business hours. This can be draining and frustrating. Do not apply to be a QS or BC f you don't expect to actually deal with the workload and lifestyle. Traveling can pop up without much notice, but it's generally pretty reasonable. - Just-in-time staffing leaves us struggling to keep up with workload at times. - Career path is somewhat unclear (but opportunities are great). eLearning (online training system) level seems irrelevant but is really pushed on us.

Advice to Management

Overall, you do a great job. We're hoping the transition to DS keeps much of what makes Q great in tact. Continue to provide good support and to make Q a fun & educational place to work.

2. Exceptional Vision and Performance

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Quintiq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, time-for-time bonuses mean you get paid for overtime, the smartest people in the business, fantastic software, impressive processes, exceptional learning opportunities

Cons

You will be working with a group of the smartest and most driven people in the industry, so you'd better bring your A game.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, the company is moving in the right direction and our momentum is only growing.

Empty Promises and No Improvments

I worked at Quintiq full-time

Pros

The Consultants and Project Managers were all nice and helpful. Time for time benefit is cool concept. Benefits okay.

Cons

Upper management has a Superiority complex. You are often looked down on and made to feel your ideas don't matter. Senior Management is rude. New business structure created copycats of Senior Management, meaning more rudeness. Time for time is a way to make sure you are "encouraged" to work long hours. Promises during hiring are forgotten once you accept the job.

Advice to Management

Bring in an outside agency to truly find out how your employees feel. They won't tell you because they don't trust you and believe you will retaliate. Stop cursing at your employees when you are upset something didn't go well.

Quintiq

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Quintiq full-time

Pros

The atmosphere and culture here is great. Their extremely flexible on the hours you work just as long as you get your work done.

Cons

Management has a sense of superiority. Hard to make connections with them.

This place is a Joke

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Radnor, PA

I worked at Quintiq full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Snacks and loose dress code.

Cons

I will bullet this out considering there is alot left to be desired. -Abusive Upper management, Both Verbal and emotional. -KPI based performance which is irrelevant to this product or service as its so highly diverse and customization. -ZERO Human resources support. -The jobs are not true to the description -Make sure you have a year to waste as a professional. Biggest mistake of my professional career hands down. -Very Reactive -Culture is non existant in the US office. -Values? What Values. -Zero opportunity for career advancement

Advice to Management

Clean house and get some fresh blood in there. you are the snake that's eating its own tail.

Employees take the brunt of poor leadership

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Quintiq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quintiq is a great place for someone who is "right out of college". The software is highly customizable (configurable) and scalable. Great CEO with vision, who is amazing in front of customers and is a natural teacher Free soda and snacks in the kitchen You'll work with smart, but quirky people They company hosts two events each year (1 summer outdoor picnic and 1 themed party in February as their holiday party). Decent physical environment with an informal dress code. The customers are interesting, spread across multiple industries (if you're lucky to cross work between the business units). They have a "5 minute rule", where employees can ask just about anyone for help if stuck on a "puzzle" for more than 5 minutes. Relatively good quality assurance throughout the organization, where most all aspects of the project are measured on a weekly basis, including performance. This can also be a hindrance at times. They offer a 401k plan, profit sharing and health benefits Collaborative approach to projects in a weak matrix environment (this differs per office location).

Cons

The customization aspect of the Quintiq software takes a lot of effort and resources to create their "100% fit" for a company. The company runs with an lean strategy with their resources, where most planning is driven with a "just in time" approach. Bear in mind that this is supposed to be a company that specializes in planning. Management is completely driven by KPIs based on complicated measurements. If you miss your KPI, you could get fired. This conflicts with goal setting and employee reviews. Cult-like culture Work/Life balance is the pits, where many employees are called and expected to take calls on their time off (weekends, vacations and maternity leave). Management claims to be open to feedback, and then berates employees if they give feedback that counters their directives. The parent company is sure to bring quite a few changes in 2015/2016, where the Quintiq "time for time" benefit is now in question to continue or not. This is a very big item as many employees depend on this benefit due to lower than market salaries. The new organization structure promoted several new directors who do not have any proper training as managers. They are also supposed to manage the P&L for their business units. These managers lack the business acumen to lead their business units and improve their financial performance as they lean heavily on one person. This one person has the end all, final say in any dealings whatsoever. Management severely lacks soft skills, where the phrase "the Dutch can be blunt" is often used to make up for rudeness. Most of the rudeness issues occur directly from North American natives. Quintiq certification is not the same as professional accredited certification programs. There are levels that you can attain as a Quintiq Employee (1 - 5). These levels mean absolutely nothing outside of Quintiq. All content from the e-learnings (Quintiq Academy) are created by Quintiq employees. Several of these e-learnings are made from new hires (newly graduated from college) that need to fill up their time when they’re not busy. Quintiq will then require customers to take these very classes as formal training to align with their methodology and practices. Promises are made to employees, which are not kept in the long run. While time for time is a great benefit, it has also been management’s tool to low ball new employee salaries. Expect lower than market offers and do your research. Business consultants travel more than 50% of their time. They are initially told that it's closer to 30 - 40%. Quintiq management is simply rude and inappropriate. Expect yelling, swearing on the floor as it occurs often, where management encourages this tactic in the guise of "feedback", to bring you to the next level (think poorly played mind games). Quintiq feels like a startup that has lost itself in the need for generating new business and squeezing customers for more money in both licenses and services. There is a very limited path for career growth potential. You can reach a new level in your role with more responsibility, a tiny bit more pay, but receive more headache w/out a proper title. Quintiq is surprised when people leave the company. As soon as you give your formal notice, you will be pulled into a room with a director or two to discuss why you are leaving, making you feel uncomfortable and unprotected. The review process is completely subjective, and this is married directly with employee’s merit increases. The North America office pulls the weight for the entire company worldwide, resulting in additional stress for generating pipeline.

Advice to Management

Decide if you want to be a software company or a services company. While promoting within is a great practice, promoting six people at once to directors (with no experience as leaders) was an incredibly poor choice. Upper management has bottle necked itself in North America. Hiring experienced managers who understand business and leading others would have made a huge difference this past year. Attrition will continue if changes are not made sooner than later. Your employees are not happy, where happy hours (employees have to buy their own drinks) and free soda only goes so far.

Horrible Bosses 3 - The Quintiq Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Radnor, PA

I worked at Quintiq full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a technically sound product, but needs to be customized (they call it configured) for every client The company has its niche and has a solid base of customers

Cons

Tyrannical sales management - the absolute worst I've seen in my career - manage by fear and intimidation Forced, large cold call quotas for sales people with few leads coming from business development and marketing An 'I'm smarter and more important than you' arrogance throughout the company, especially with senior management Not nearly the selling situation promised during the interview cycle (very few BDs or leads) Asked employees for positive Glassdoor reviews Horrible team culture Sold to a french company recently (after my tenure)

Advice to Management

Replace the Sales Management team Keep your promises you make during the interview

Tough place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Pros

Lots of smart people, interesting product line, interesting customers. Very dedicated staff of people who want to do great work and are willing to help each other as needed.

Cons

A lot of micro-managing, a lot of screaming and yelling. Inconsistent management practices. Very little autonomy.

Advice to Management

Trust in the people you hire more.

10. Solid growing company

Current Employee - Business Consultant
    Current Employee - Business Consultant

I have been working at Quintiq full-time

Pros

Helpful colleagues. Good work-life balance. New/open offices (no cubicles). Mostly-smart coworkers. You get what you put in.

Cons

Some tasks are monotonous and/or repetitive. As with any company, you will have people who think they are know-it-alls

A great place to grow and mature

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Quintiq full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work with friendly colleges. Many of my colleges are about the same age with families and similar interest. It's a clean and up to date place with offices across the globe and the opportunity to travel (if your job requires it) Suites and ties are not required or necessary. It's really a come as your are type of place. Ping pong tables and a dartboard for when you need to relax. and tons of snacks available (free of course) You get a lot of feedback (good or bad) and encouragement from my managers which has helped me become a better analyst. There are raises each year and profit sharing. Taking time off isn't frowned upon. Whenever, I need time off to rest or work from home it's not an issue. Just don't take advantage of it Working from home (when necessary) is a plus and they are mindful of work life balance. Salary employees with paid overtime....a huge plus. Just done abuse it Promotions and new opportunities happen very often. Quintiq is growing pretty fast and if your are driven enough these opportunities will find YOU. Like any company or job, it's not for everyone but I think Quintiq is great for people that are open minded and doesn't let fear or doubt hold them back from pushing yourself. If you have the drive you'll stand out fast. Work isn't always going to be pleasant but I look forward to coming to work because I enjoy the people I work with and the opportunities that are in front of me.

Cons

The offices are divided (Finance here, project managers there...etc) and sometimes I take stroll to mingle with my coworkers. Not a big con but it's all I could think of. Still waiting for that pool table :)

Advice to Management

None

RSS Feed </> Embed