Quixey Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014
4.8

Tomer Kagan

Amazing work environment and company vision

I have been working at Quixey full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quixey has absolutely brilliant leadership that is able to continue to drive our company forward and achieve the company's vision step by step.

I have been around the company since it was only the 2 co-founders, and couldn't be happier with where the company is today. Every quarter the company is taking on bigger and more difficult projects, a good sign that we're getting closer and closer to success and moving forward.

Too many fun and awesome culture activities to mention here including free meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). The one I do have to mention is Camp Quixey which is twice a year a company retreat that is unlike any other company retreat out there. Believe me, this is not one of those "Do I have to go to this company retreat?" Rather Quixey spends a large amount of money and time in ensuring that twice a year employees can get together to really become friends with our co-workers and have an amazing weekend filled with incredible activities.

Overall, this is an incredible place to work from all angles. It's fun, hard-working, challenging problems that are truly disrupting it's space (which in Search has not been seriously done since Google entered the scene).

Would definitely recommend this place to any friends.

Cons

It's a very work hard play hard mentality here. If you're not able to put in the time and effort and roll with the punches of being in a growing startup then Quixey simply isn't meant for you.

Keep doing what you're doing but work on communication with your teams to ensure every member is happy and satisfied.

Thriving in the heart of Silicon Valley

I have been working at Quixey full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at Silicon Valley tech start-ups for 12 years, so Quixey isn't my "first rodeo" as I like to put it. I can honestly say that no other company I've been involved with even comes close to being as all-around awesome as Quixey. Employees enjoy perks such as three square meals per day, endless snacks/drinks, the benefit of being in the center of Castro Street in Mountain View, great health benefits (something you appreciate more as you get older!), ample time off to refuel, AMAZING company offsites/trips and a community of co-workers that care about each other on a genuine level. As if all of that were not enough, we are backed by some of the top VCs in the world and have a solid leadership team who actually listen and implement feedback. Most importantly, we at Quixey are working on something truly innovative. As a team, we enjoy tackling the difficult problems and building something that's going to be of service to the world.

Cons

Hours can be long (hey, it IS a startup!) and sometimes schedules change on a dime. If you can't roll with the punches and adjust accordingly, Quixey might not be for you

Maintain the strong culture, continue to listen to employees' feedback, no matter how big we get.

My experience at Quixey made my career. They've really helped me thrive.

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Quixey full-time

Pros

-Great benefits and perks: top health care, healthy organic snacks, 3 meals a day, fun office decor, nice laptop monitors, 3-day company retreats twice a year
    -Brilliant people: the engineers here are seriously the smartest people I've worked with. They make engineers at other startups in Silicon Valley look ordinary
    -Great technology: Quixey's working on a platform that makes the work of other startups look ephemeral; this presents lots of interesting technical challenges
    -Emphasis on culture: People do lots of fun activities together like playing board games; everyone is generally open to ideas from their co-workers as long as feedback is constructive
    -Strong finances: the CEO is a whiz at raising big rounds of VC funding and closing big deals

Cons

-Suboptimal org structure: top heavy with lots of execs; a few core teams are really understaffed while other nice-to-have teams are staffed ahead of when they're necessary
    -Constant firefighting mode: it seems like the company is always jumping from tight deadline to tight deadline to deliver on big projects
    -Too many meetings: anybody working on important projects spends way too long in meetings

Hire more bright entry-level engineers. This will help the company build products faster instead of sitting in lots of planning meetings. The company will also feel less top-heavy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic Company - Amazing Culture, Talented People, and Great leadership

I have been working at Quixey full-time

Pros

This company is filled with amazing, hard-working, passionate, smart, and talented individuals that I've ever experienced. My manager makes my work meaningful and motivates me to continue to wake up in the morning and start with a smile - he truly cares for my career development, remains transparent, and has my back from day 1. People like this in the company build great relationship and trust among peers. Management here let's you take ownership where you could perform to your full potential. I've seen many many managers in this company who works the same way. I've learned so so much in such a short time. CEO and Leadership have stretched vision and are attempting to solve real problems that no one know has successfully achieved. Kudos to them!

Cons

Like many start ups growing expediently fast especially, this company is doubling in size less than a year, which takes a toll on operational efficiency.
    - Company culture is slowly falling apart - people here takes advantage of being spoiled with technology, food, snacks, etc. We are seeing more of a mess and individuals should learn how to clean up after themselves.
    - Some new hires takes longer than others to on-board

Amazing company with tremendous growth opportunities and fantastic leaders!

Current Employee - N/A  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Quixey full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quixey has been one of the most rewarding move in my career, one that provided me with endless opportunities to grow and expand my experience. The company provides amazing benefits, are filled with smart and talented people and most important of all, it is led by leaders who are proven pioneers in the industry.

My manager, who is also one of the top executives in the company is a hard-working, smart and influential leader. He is very passionate about the company and are always motivating/pushing the entire team to achieve higher success. In short, he embodies the perfect meaning of "execution". Through his leadership, I have been given opportunities to create, execute and deliver successful products in new markets. In addition, he brings tremendous value and opportunities to the company via his vast network of contacts and influence in the industry. The same can be said to all the leaders in the company. Their background and proven records of successful results is a testament to the leadership quality in Quixey.

Most important of all, the company provides a platform that allows for talented, smart people to share their passion, build exciting products under an environment that is fun, relaxed and supportive, with great benefits! The management team is extremely supportive of everyone's needs to excel in their job. This has been one of the best in my career. Simply amazing.

Cons

As with every startups, the energy level and dedication to deliver great products within shortest time to market means there are times where workload is high and long hours are unavoidable. In addition to that, as the company is growing so fast (we grew from 70+ to over 120 people in last 12 months) means that the company is gradually losing the relaxed, laid back culture and are more corporate-like policies are being implemented. That said, this is unavoidable for any companies as they expand in size rapidly.

Awesome place to work. The smartest people and the most fun I've had at work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Quixey as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Phenomenally smart people.
    Exciting product and opportunities.
    Great Atmosphere.
    A real chance to make an impact in your place of work and not just code to death.

Cons

The company is still growing so it's still finding it's place in the industry.
    Obviously as a start-up, job security is low and the risk is high.

Quixey Photos

Enjoy a meeting or meal under the Oak Tree in Quixey's Picnic Conference Room
Ahoy Mates! Set Sail in Quixey's Nautical Conference Room
Part of the Quixey team on the Escalator in the office. The building used to be a downtown appliance store.

+ Add Photo

Worked for Quixey? Contribute to the Community!