Quiznos

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quiznos President & CEO Stuart Mathis

Stuart Mathis

Pros
  • I was allowed flexible hours that worked around my studies(in 5 reviews)

• Very laid back and very easy job(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I was never allowed to work full time, minimum wage was not enough money, Needed more hours than part time,(in 8 reviews)

• horrible hours, low pay, on your feet all day(in 6 reviews)

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was a great place to grow my skills

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsMy boss was pretty flexible with needing to take time off. I was always challenged and I really enjoyed the people I worked with.

ConsI felt that there was no stability a good majority of the time I worked for. There was always new management or floor move or huge changes being implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementConstant communication should be at the forefront and you should take some time to listen to your employees.

Great people, bad upper management.

Operations (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe employees are awesome. The work can be challenging. Mostly fun employee activities, mostly planned by employees.

ConsPoor communication. Poor management. Professional growth limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee growth is important. Communication is key when you want to retain people. And pay what people are worth.

Great People, but Management was terrible

Legal Assistant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFree food and discount on company store.

ConsPay was terrible and they never give raises. They have a very high turnover. Never felt secure in job as they were always laying off

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company

Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsPays very well and great benefits

Consstructure may be lacking at times

right for the right person

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Prosgreat brand, franchise owners are super motivated, great product

Consneed to be ok with flexibility, need to think of big ideas to meet management interests

Please Fail

Store Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Prosgood people in the corporate office

Conslong hours, low pay, no respect from management, tried to reinvent the sub, no focus on customers, micromangers, upper management is clueless on what the owners and managers want, in order to advance you have to be a yes man

Advice to Senior Managementget a clue, give your customers a quality product at a resonable price, dont try to reinvent the sub sandwich

It was an experience, learned about the "MUSHROOM THEORY" first hand

Corporate Traveling Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat opp to travel and meet people.

ConsLack of communication
    Very disorganized in their priorities
    Closed units without notice to employees
    No upper mobility

Advice to Senior ManagementNo words needed to management just didn't seem that the company (QUIZNOS) had their employees interest. Hire on board and work for 3/4 months than close the units, big business WOW....

its a job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe pay and benefits are ok, and it looks good on a resume to employers

ConsVery cliquish place to work. If you are in the inner circle you can make multiple costly mistakes and rise to a leadership role. If you are not in the inner circle you are just there till the next round of layoffs and are considered expendable. they are quick to hire and fire, you are never secure.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey won't take advice, they already know everything. That is why they have had well over 2k stores close in the past couple of years.

Many people were used for the gain of a few

Director (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsVery fast paced, direction changes very quickly. People were treated as professionals, you never had to put up with harassment.

ConsThe direction changed daily, no one really knew which way we were going. A large number of people were recruited and hired only to be laid off a few months later. Quiznos has a history of boom and bust. Only work at the corporate office if you can get a contract, otherwise you are likely to be out on the streets a few months later. The upper management staffed up to do a huge cost reduction program only to then lay off everyone once the project was complete. It appears the company is currently up for sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry selling one of the corporate jets to make up for your bad management decisions. You can fly like the rest of the world.

Direction? No, do what you want just get it done-wait why did you do it like that? You shouldve known better. You idiot!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsLaid back environment, most of the people who work in the office are great and fun to work with-- there's a lot of freedom/autonomy permitted and there's always something to do.

ConsThis company has gotten rich by basically robbing thousands and thousand of store owners for the last 12+ years. Watching people pour their whole lives into their stores only to end up closing them and in ruins is extremely depressing, All of the store owners despise the corporate office which doesn't make it very easy to communicate with them at all. Upper management pretend to care but they're all just a bunch of puppets doing Schaden's dance.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoney isn't everything and if you continue to only worry about Quiznos' bottom line all of your stores will close and you will be left with nothing. Start listening to the people in the field; they're out in the stores each and everyday and know what they're talking about better than any of you guys sitting up there in your office.

Worked for Quiznos? Contribute to the Community!