Qumu Reviews

CEO

1. Work Style varies from team to team

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA

Pros

Will be good if you are in a good team

Cons

Some Managers are not a good at all... They don't even care to greet people

2. Never been happier, I love my team and job!

Current Employee - Senior UI Engineer in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Senior UI Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Qumu full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At my 30 day review I got "Perfect job" as feedback from all my peers and my boss. Very smart team, very helpful co-workers, and I can go to anyones desk at any time and get training. An excellent environment from a short-term perspective, but also an ideal long term environment due to encouragement to pursue any career path I want. Management supports me learning other languages so I can better help the team on other projects, which is huge. I'm not slammed with any deadlines so I've been learning a handful of new languages and frameworks while completing all my work on time. Would give this company 6 stars out of 5 if I could hack Glassdoor into letting me.

Cons

Very flexible work environment could lead to boredom for people who aren't self starters. If you want someone to hold your hand and tell you what to do all the time, you might find yourself with nothing to do. The kitchen is completely empty except for two vending machines, but its ok cause kitchens are usually just junk food and I am minding my health.

Advice to Management

None. I really look up to the execs in engineering. I don't know how they could possibly do a better job than they already are.

Growing organization with a lot of potential, but currently internal departments are deeply fragmented.

I have been working at Qumu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Exciting industry and market leading offering -Full of intelligent, ambitious people -Moving to new, state-of-the-art headquarters soon -Benefits are great

Cons

-Pay is average -Marketing department is criminally understaffed -Senior Management is also very distant

Advice to Management

Invest in expanding your Marketing team and enhancing company culture/camaraderie

Flexible work environment and culture; lacks a little spunk

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Qumu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In general, management is flexible in terms of working hours and very willing to adjust hours if you need to avoid a long commute, etc. The solutions are fun to talk about since video communication is something just about everyone can personally relate to nowadays.

Cons

Office culture lacks some spunk, but people are all very nice and welcoming. Teams are very split in terms of location so often meetings are over the phone and can be difficult to juggle everyone's timezones when scheduling.

Advice to Management

Invest more in employees.

Software Engineering

Current Employee - Software in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Software in San Bruno, CA

Pros

Work when you feel like No pressure, so you can build quality code. Great time to learn new technologies

Cons

No growth or recognition Even if technologies are not required, it is just introduced. This increases complexity and learning curve. No matter how much good you do, you are still not good enough. Telecommuting is no more an option Manager does not take responsibility for the mishaps they do and passes it down to developers. So managers always get good bonus. Also for manager to get bonus, need to be pal with CEO

Advice to Management

Middle management needs more training on how to manage. Hire the right middle managers who do the work

7. Offers more than market standards

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Hyderābād (India)

Pros

Good work culture Good work and skill set utilisation

Cons

no cons that i can think of

Terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Qumu full-time

Pros

Good product and nice co-workers. Pay is reasonable and they are making efforts to improve benefits. Company has money and isnt afraid to invest - there just doesnt seem to be any logic to what they do.

Cons

Very political atmosphere with a lot of favourtism in all departments. US leadership is good and has good intentions but not putting in place the appropriate resources to make company succeed in other regions. Poor company culture and work environment, a least in Europe, where employees are being policed. Management don't trust their staff which affects the atmosphere. For most people there is no working from home or flexible working option.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees like adults and stop the favouritism.

Not Great....so so org

Current Employee - Lead QA Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Lead QA Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

Pros

flexible working hours. nothing much

Cons

no good hikes no process no better communication no management involvement for better growth in organization no measures for risk items.

Advice to Management

Management need to be trained right from interview process to exit process.

Tactical users of people

Pros

Getting paid, working from home.

Cons

Working with talkers and not doers. The persist and constant abuse of efforts. Poor training and documentation. No performance reviews ever! Blame culture. Over 4 counts of constructive dismissal.

Advice to Management

Stop the favouritism and make better products.

Qumu-Best Company to work with

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Qumu full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work options Pay master Best Learning Curve Ample of opportunities to learn End to End exposure to the work No work pressure All that one needs to do is take up the responsibility and deliver the work with utmost commitment

Cons

Nothing in particular. Talent gets paid any where, every where.

RSS Feed </> Embed