Quomation Insurance Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
J.R. Jensen

Pros
  • The pros about working at Quomation is I got the right people around me to get my job done (in 5 reviews)

• Team members and other grunt level employees are great to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a constant fear that you'll get there in the morning and told you've been let go (in 7 reviews)

• The company obviously made a PR push last year as the only positive reviews were submitted on the same day (in 5 reviews)

1. IT administrator

Current Employee - IT Administrative in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - IT Administrative in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Quomation Insurance Services full-time

Pros

Came from a rather large corporation that did work with various government entities and had practically limitless budgets. Was a bit concerned about if Quomation would have adequate hardware to run the virtualized platforms that the management wanted. Great hardware, great programming and support team and I like the sales team that they are not promising ridiculous things to the customers. Overall I am very pleased with the company and like the challenges of migrating the IT infrastructure to a virtual environment

Cons

That the environment isn't already virtualized. Half joking here - if networks were all set up correctly i would never have a job. So while i scratch my head at the way some of the stuff was done, I realize this is exactly what keeps me employed.

Advice to Management

you know once i have vsphere all humming along - i'm going to ask for that secondary datacenter replication. so just keep that in mind!

2. good training and sales manager

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Midvale, UT

I worked at Quomation Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My sales manager had excellent sales skills and helped me improve immensely during my time there. I have worked quite a few sales jobs and never received as much one on one time as I did at Quomation. I really appreciated the mentoring I received to make my written communication better.

Cons

I couldn't outwork the sales manager. LOL. He was there when I came in and would stay until 7, 8 PM. Actually in all honesty, technical sales isn't for everyone. I really enjoyed the experience but the sales process and training process is really in depth and at the end of the day the sales job wasn't a perfect fit for me.

Advice to Management

You already changed this since I was there, but I was going to say go to a minimum of a two stage interviewing process. I think if this was done with me, I would have had a better understanding of the technical sales position.

Worst Employer Ever

I worked at Quomation Insurance Services full-time

Pros

Christmas party is nice. But it's mandatory, so mandatory that the CEO will fire you for not attending. So don't plan on going to see your family or take a vacation during Xmas.

Cons

Working at Quomation is like living in Shawshank prison... like the movie but no Morgan Freeman and the good guy doesn't win at the end. It will suck out your soul and replace it with a shackled, fearful, paranoid version of yourself that cries at the thought of a lazy eye. Now this totally sounds like hyperbole, so let me list facts which you can verify during your interview. 1.) You will be subject to being searched and your vehicle is subject to a search as well. These searches are able to be carried out WITHOUT cause and with no notice. Verify this by looking at the employee handbook during the interview. 2.) Contrary to their ad, you will not get benefits for at least 1 year. Also verifiable in the handbook. 3.) The CEO may seem endearing, do NOT fall for it. His moods change from minute to minute and he will fly into complete rage at LEAST once a week. During these rages, he has fired entire departments. (See glassdoor comments and BBB rating for more info). 4.) To make #3 even more frightening, there is a gun safe in the server room filled with assault rifles and ammunition. Ask to see it in the interview process. The CEO is known for threatening to use guns to "clean house". 5.) The CEO has fired over 50% of the company every year for the last 3 years. Check glassdoor comments or just call the unemployment office and ask about Quomation. They know the CEO by name and DREAD dealing with him. If you do interview and do accept a job there, DO NOT stop applying for jobs. Oh and if you happen to be there around the holidays, the Xmas party is the ONLY good thing there... but while it's not mandatory, not attending will get your hours cut, benefits cut and/or you'll be fired.

Advice to Management

CEO, I get that you're happy with almost 100% annual turnover for your employees, it keeps costs down because no one gets an annual raise. But you're a terrible manager, so hire competent managers and let them run the show.

Meat grinder

I worked at Quomation Insurance Services full-time

Pros

* Will take anyone off the street to work as a software developer * Way to get your foot in the door for bigger and better things * Lots of cool people who are your immediate peers Start here if you can't get in anywhere else. Leave as soon as possible.

Cons

* Management does not care about employees at all * Soul-crushing corporate culture * Entry level pay, now and forever

Growing company with great opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Quomation Insurance Services (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility that working for Quomation affords me. I recently started working for Quomation and have already learned so much about the world of insurance, sales, and software. We sell and support a great product, and it's refreshing to work for a company who prides themselves on customer service. I have enjoyed the people I work with and feel appreciated for doing a good job.

Cons

I am relatively new with Quomation, so I'm definitely on the "glass is half full" side of things. What some may see as a con is my reality. You are expected to meet deadlines; produce quality work; and be reliable. If you're looking for a job where you can fly under the radar, this is not the job for you, management will hold you accountable.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people and continue providing the training that allows us to do our job with confidence. I look forward to continuing my career and Quomation and the opportunities to advance my career.

Agency Training

Current Employee - Agency Training in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Agency Training in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Quomation Insurance Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

we are experiencing amazing growth and it is so fun to be apart of. i love the challenge of finding issues that need to be fixed and applying analytical processes to determine the root cause of issues. it is so funny to talk to our sales guys because when things don't go right, they call to complain. Then when we get it fixed, you can hear crickets chirp. There are a ton of crickets chirping right now! Its a great company to work at and we got the best products in the industry. what is there not to like about that.

Cons

the major headache i have dealt with is when we had employees who were not qualified for a particular position. this has really changed for the better in the last few months as a better onboarding has been developed and put into place.

Advice to Management

please continue to screen and hire the right people for the job. it makes everyone's life so much better. love the team i'm on now and like friendly competition!

sales representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Quomation Insurance Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

commissions are paid monthly and the sales cycle for most accounts is 4-6 weeks. good blend of leads from tradeshows, websites and referrals. i'm using in the office 3 weeks a month and traveling another week. it is a nice balance. being able to contact businesses face to face, either at their office or a trade show really helps to be able to close sales over the phone.

Cons

very technical sale - must be really comfortable with Windows PCs and being able to do some basic to intermediate troubleshooting with clients. part of me says it would be nice to just hand off new sales to an implementation department but the feedback i get from my competitors is they hate theirs. so just be aware you need to be part of bringing these accounts on board.

Advice to Management

i really like what you done with the support department. you got some terrific new talent in there and got rid of some bad habits. keep finding the good ones as they make my life a lot easier.

customer care

Current Employee - Customer Care in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Midvale, UT

Pros

All jobs are what you make of it. The best part of being an agent care rep for Quomation is the day to day learning and experience. It is a great place to learn, grow, and develop customer service skills. I have learned to be more of a listener and a problem-solver. I enjoy helping our customers, and I find it rewarding when a customer is appreciative of my assistance.

Cons

As one would expect, the job can be repetitive and it can get tiresome being in your seat in front of a computer day after day. Also sometimes when people call in, they are frustrated and can tend to take it out on the one they are calling for help. You just have to learn to not take it personal and maintain a professional tone. Sometimes it’s not easy, but patient and understanding customer service is a skill that this job will teach you.

Advice to Management

Continue building relationships with your team; make sure to point out when someone does a great job or receives accolades from a customer or coworker. And when it’s busier than normal or problems occur, order pizza for the team as a thank you.

overall pleased with my job

Current Employee - Trainer in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Trainer in Midvale, UT

Pros

I enjoy my working schedule; the people I work with; and the overall environment. Casual dress; holidays, weekends off and paid lunches for just meeting goals are all great benefits. The management team is great to work with as long as we come to work on time and do what we are supposed to be doing. The biggest pro for me is having the opportunity to continue to learn and develop my skills which better prepares me for what’s next.

Cons

If you’re looking for a job to just “show up” this is not the right job for you. There is definitely the expectation to contribute to the company and take care of the customers. Another con would be the amount of seat work or desk work; if you like to be on your feet this is not for you.

Advice to Management

my advice to management would be to continue giving honest feedback to your team and developing their skills. Also be quick to address employees who are not pulling their weight. It can bring coworkers down when you see negative or bad employees not doing their share of the work.

Most Positive Reviews are fake

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Midvale, UT

Pros

Great coworkers, one great senior manager. That's pretty much it.

Cons

Pay is low, benefits are crappy, environment is demoralizin, Technology is outdated, vision is limited, company had no contributions to the community besides the few taxes it didn't manage to evade. Doshonesty is a cancer in the senior management dept,evident by the fact that most positive reviews were written either by the same person, or by orders of senior management.

Advice to Management

You can't teach an old dog new trick.

RSS Feed </> Embed