Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

www.qbsol.com

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Perry Turbes

Great people, great management, hard to balance with lifestyle

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSmart people, top talent from the best universities in Texas and nearby.
    The managers are friendly and it is a nurturing workplace
    Top dollar salary
    A lot of growth opportunities
    Business is BOOMING, adding several clients per year and hiring more than 30-50 people per year to handle the workload

Cons90 Hrs/week minimum expected
    Delivery team sometime works 14hr days
    No ability to take every other Friday off as is common in other Oil/Gas companies
    Benefits are not great
    2 weeks vacation

QBS had some good people there overall.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLearned a lot while I was there. Was able to grow and strengthen some of my skills.

ConsManagement cant seem to figure out how to get it all to work. High turnover. Work hours -- require you BILL 9 hours daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees. They are not happy with all the changes you keep making. And just because someone has been there and is a senior person does NOT make them a good manager!!!!

Quorum did not make such a great impression for me due to group arrangements.

Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery large learning curve especially for entry level employees.

ConsNot very diverse yet (growing company) and people don't always mingle outside their work group of associates or friends.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreating some fun activities such as incentives etc. could help employees perform better and create room for associates to meet each other. I don't believe there is enough room for social activities as an entire company. Noticed many people who haven't met each other but have been working in the company for 2 or more years.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quorum Life

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHighly help in you career development and technical training

ConsThere is not a single Con for this company

Learn, do good work, and find a better opportunity else where

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

Pros- Very good opportunities for people to learn
    - Most of the people are nice
    - Good compensation
    - Good perks if you enjoy work travel

Cons- Limited appreciation from senior management and middle managers
    - Too many inexperienced people and lack of working managers for mentoring
    - Long hours
    - A relatively stressful work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your people, not only limited to compensation per se, but say encouraging words in the hallway, trained your managers to appreciate the employees, etc. Sometimes small things can have multiplying effects. Understand your people's needs and the situations, don't just focus on chargeability. Communicate to employees more frequently, a lot of time people just don't know the direction and the future of the company.

Energy Consulting...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosyou can learn consulting business here.

Consit is a very busy working enviroment.

Advice to Senior Managementto increase communication

Small company. Hire on people that has nothing to do with their job. Expanding faster than they can take on.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are nice. They have an intro course for all new consultants to learn how to do their job. Can easily transfer offices.

ConsIt is in a bad location. You have to meet people on your own. The benefits not great. They need to improve on processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should hire individuals that pertain to their majors. Should also look into improving how things are done. Growing faster than they can handle.

Quorum is an information technology firm that offers software to the natural gas industry.

ProsIt is a good place for recent college graduates to learn about the natural gas industry and about the technology that is utilized to manage the business. For experienced people, the company allows flexibility for those seeking a decent work-life balance, and contribute.

ConsWork can become tedious for those anxious to grow faster or with A personalities. Work focus is narrow and training limited to two areas - during on-boarding and as needed on-the-job only. As with any technology company, employee turnover is high and job growth limited to projects available.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is not expected for the senior management to listen to the employees in general. Management is either the founding team, or people that worked with them at the previous consulting firm.

Good place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsMove up quickly, ability to learn multiple areas, oil and gas is a solid industry, quorum has a successful implementation strategy with aggressive timelines and aggressive clients.

ConsRetention at Quorum is low. They do not try to keep employees who quick. not all clients are easy to work with. The projects can become frustrating, upper management is worried about budgets and not you since they are owned by a private equity firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to change the way they pay people, keep people, develop new employees, and recognize those that contribute the most at the company.

Good first job after college, but not a lot of potential for growth

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAs a college hire I was given training in cpp and sql development, skills that have served well with subsequent employers. I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned great project planning skills. Benefits were also great.

ConsAfter working a Quorum for several years I realized that there is little chance for advancement past the senior consultant / manager level.

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!