Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

www.qbsol.com

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated May 22, 2014

Perry Turbes

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to grow!

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI came through the "college recruiting" process just like most of the other employees here. I had 2 round of interviews on campus with different managers then got a call to come visit the office. The office visit is what really won me over! The Houston office is amazing! We got a chance to talk to some of the current employees over dinner and they told me what their likes/dislikes are about the company and even gave me some tips for my office interview. The next day, you have an interview with an executive of the company. I wouldn't even call it an 'interview' it was more of a conversation. The same night after my office visit, I got a call from someone in recruiting with the offer. (Very quick turnaround).

I've been here for almost a year and I am already a 'back-up' for my BL and the backup team lead. Quorum really cares about the growth of their employees!

ConsIn the beginning, it may seem like you are working long hours (50-60 p/wk). After a couple months when you get the hang of it you learn how to manage your own time. The way I look at it - more time and effort you put into something the more you will get out of it.

Good first job after college, but not a lot of potential for growth

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAs a college hire I was given training in cpp and sql development, skills that have served well with subsequent employers. I enjoyed the people I worked with and learned great project planning skills. Benefits were also great.

ConsAfter working a Quorum for several years I realized that there is little chance for advancement past the senior consultant / manager level.

Great place to work for people that are driven to succeed.

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsExcellent place to work if you enjoy being challenged and desire the opportunity to take on responsibility. It's great to be surrounded by other highly motivated and intelligent people.

ConsFast paced work environment with high expectations, may not be right for everyone. Sometimes the pressure that comes from the high expectations adds to overall job stress.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLots of experience and responsibility straight out of college. Friendly people. Open workplace where employees are encouraged to ask questions. Mentor program for new employees. 4 week training teaches lots of information/technologies. Opportunities to help out with recruitment process. Flexible work time frames (as long as you put in your 9+ hours). Really intelligent co-workers. Work activities can change day by day, so tasks will never be boring. The company is doing great overall in their industry.

ConsOther employees will know and gossip about your new role/project before you even know it (so you'll usually hear unofficially first). Some employees have to work long 12+ hours days on projects and generally seem unhappy. High turnover. Sometimes it is difficult to have a charge code to apply all 9 hours of your work day. Depending on the teams, there can be issues in communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee retention. Ensure all managers & above are openly communicating tasks. Find a way to ease the stress of charge codes.

Great people, great management, hard to balance with lifestyle

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSmart people, top talent from the best universities in Texas and nearby.
    The managers are friendly and it is a nurturing workplace
    Top dollar salary
    A lot of growth opportunities
    Business is BOOMING, adding several clients per year and hiring more than 30-50 people per year to handle the workload

Cons90 Hrs/week minimum expected
    Delivery team sometime works 14hr days
    No ability to take every other Friday off as is common in other Oil/Gas companies
    Benefits are not great
    2 weeks vacation

QBS had some good people there overall.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLearned a lot while I was there. Was able to grow and strengthen some of my skills.

ConsManagement cant seem to figure out how to get it all to work. High turnover. Work hours -- require you BILL 9 hours daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees. They are not happy with all the changes you keep making. And just because someone has been there and is a senior person does NOT make them a good manager!!!!

Challenging, fast-paced environment but rewarding in experience and compensation

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLocation, training in software, rich industry experience, collaborative work environment

ConsNot enough vacation time, travel time is not billable to the company

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior managers and above can always be more approachable and friendly

Good place to start a career

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSmall, young company provides opportunities to gain a lot of responsibility quickly.

ConsCompany isn't very interested in employee retention.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart conducting exit interviews and focus more on employee retention.

Do not stay longer than a year

Software Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsTraining was great, they teach you everything you need to know to gain the skills necessary to be a dynamite employee in another company in oil and gas or software solutions. The competencies they teach you is C#, SQL, C++ and functional oil and gas knowledge. Their pay is also slightly above average, but what it comes with is a 9-10 hour expected work day, and that's just scraping by to not get fired in their eyes.

ConsAs stated earlier, 9-10 hour work days required at a minimum. If you see problems and want to contribute to the betterment of the company, you should find another company before you bring it up because they have fired for much less than that. I have seen 100% yes I did not make a mistake, 100% turn over rate in a calendar year. I joined the company and a year later the company had the same number of employees yet terminated (or the talented ones left) close to 50. The only way to prove that you are committed to bettering yourself and the company is to bill more time to a client project and work 12 hour days minimum for no overtime or benefits. the directors I have worked with do not understand business at all, human capitol and retention is laughed at and defecated on when addressed. They don't staff projects appropriately and will expect you to travel Monday morning leaving your house at 3:00 AM only to return to your home city at 11:00PM on Friday night. The company unethically expects 100% billable time out of every employee (even if they are not assigned to a project where its reasonable to expect a fully billable day), so they do not believe in employee/talent development past the first 3 weeks of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in outside help to reinvent your culture and make the employees feel like its their life, the new generations value time much more than the past generations. Learn to adapt or always expect to be left with the underperforming employees while the rock stars easily leave for better lives and better pay at your competing companies.

Poised to be a success story of the new NA energy economy

Director (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsQuorum is a rapidly growing company in a rapidly growing industry. It offers employees a great environment to learn both the software and Oil and Gas industries. It is on the leading edge of Oil and Gas Accounting solutions and offers smart motivated consultants the ability for to advance quickly.

ConsLong hours are expected. - Those who are motivated and engaged should not find this unusual. I do not know of any consulting company that would expect any different.

Some travel will be required However most of the industry is in Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma and Denver so long international trips are rare.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more to let employees know they are appreciated

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!