Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.
www.qbsol.com Houston, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Perry Turbes

Great place to work for people that are driven to succeed.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent place to work if you enjoy being challenged and desire the opportunity to take on responsibility. It's great to be surrounded by other highly motivated and intelligent people.

ConsFast paced work environment with high expectations, may not be right for everyone. Sometimes the pressure that comes from the high expectations adds to overall job stress.

Good place to start

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

ProsGood learning opportunities and a good place to start your career.

ConsPoor management and lack of resources

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with it.

Great Experience

Houston, TX

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of experience and responsibility straight out of college. Friendly people. Open workplace where employees are encouraged to ask questions. Mentor program for new employees. 4 week training teaches lots of information/technologies. Opportunities to help out with recruitment process. Flexible work time frames (as long as you put in your 9+ hours). Really intelligent co-workers. Work activities can change day by day, so tasks will never be boring. The company is doing great overall in their industry.

ConsOther employees will know and gossip about your new role/project before you even know it (so you'll usually hear unofficially first). Some employees have to work long 12+ hours days on projects and generally seem unhappy. High turnover. Sometimes it is difficult to have a charge code to apply all 9 hours of your work day. Depending on the teams, there can be issues in communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on employee retention. Ensure all managers & above are openly communicating tasks. Find a way to ease the stress of charge codes.

Rewarding place to work with career opportunities proportional to ambition

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

ProsThe people are talented individuals from top to bottom with a culture centered around mentorship, employee development, and dynamic work opportunities. You will learn a lot about the oil & natural gas industry, develop meaningful technical skills, and have opportunities to gain responsibility very early on. A significant portion of the leadership is "home-grown" talent. Financial compensation is very good and merit based. Social and team-building activities happen frequently at the vertical / team level to build camaraderie.

ConsExpectations are high to continue to build on the company's success, so scrubs won't last very long and need not apply.

Great company that continues to grow year over year

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

ProsAt Quorum, your success is what you make of it. The company provides its employees with tons of opportunities to stretch their skill set and learn new things. Promotions and compensation are merit based and the company has a strong history of promoting from within.

The company has a strong success in recruiting college hires, as well as, experienced hires. The employees have a wide range of college degrees and the company recruits from the oil and gas industry and from people with technical or consulting backgrounds. Therefore, the employee base is very diverse and have incredibly well rounded skill sets.

ConsAlong with its software, the company also performs consulting services for their clients. Whether it's supporting existing clients, or implementing software at a new client, the company expects its employees to take exceptional care in providing services to their clients. That means expectations from an accountability and a performance perspective are extremely high.

Great people, great management, hard to balance with lifestyle

Houston, TX

ProsSmart people, top talent from the best universities in Texas and nearby.
The managers are friendly and it is a nurturing workplace
Top dollar salary
A lot of growth opportunities
Business is BOOMING, adding several clients per year and hiring more than 30-50 people per year to handle the workload

Cons90 Hrs/week minimum expected
Delivery team sometime works 14hr days
No ability to take every other Friday off as is common in other Oil/Gas companies
Benefits are not great
2 weeks vacation

QBS had some good people there overall.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLearned a lot while I was there. Was able to grow and strengthen some of my skills.

ConsManagement cant seem to figure out how to get it all to work. High turnover. Work hours -- require you BILL 9 hours daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees. They are not happy with all the changes you keep making. And just because someone has been there and is a senior person does NOT make them a good manager!!!!

Quorum is a great place to develop your career.

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

ProsGreat People, Long term vision and growth, Care about their Clients

ConsCompany expects employees to be hard working, high achievers

Challenging, fast-paced environment but rewarding in experience and compensation

Houston, TX

ProsLocation, training in software, rich industry experience, collaborative work environment

ConsNot enough vacation time, travel time is not billable to the company

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior managers and above can always be more approachable and friendly

Great Place to Build a Career

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

ProsGreat place to learn a lot about the oil and gas business and technology. Lots of training to take advantage of. Company has a strong focus on mentoring. The people are great, lots of high performing, smart and personable people. Talented leadership team with many that started their careers at Quorum.

Compensation is very competitive. Office facilities and location are top notch.

ConsConsulting is a tough business, travel and hours can be challenging for some people to manage effectively.

Worked for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. CEO Perry Turbes. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. employees.