Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
59 reviews filtered by
3.1
Perry Turbes

Pros
  • Good environment to learn technical side of oil and gas software (in 8 reviews)

• Good exposure to a wide variety of tasks, companies, and parts of the oil and gas industry (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They are okay with the high turnover rates, as inexperience means more billable hours (in 4 reviews)

• Sometimes it is difficult to have a charge code to apply all 9 hours of your work day (in 2 reviews)

1. Great technology, great software

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quorum is the leading solution provider for upstream, Midstream, and Pipelines. Additionally, the company has grabbed some momentum in the ETRM space, as well as, production operations software arena.

This means the company is growing and with the merit based promotion system they adhere to employees have ample opportunities to progress quickly in their respective career paths.

Cons

Because the company grows so quickly and depends on their merit based system, employees are very busy and are required to perform in a challenging environment. This can be pretty stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Keep the company growing and keep working on communication channels with employees. We enjoy hearing about the company's success.

Great Opportunities at growing software/consulting company

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Quickly obtain high levels of responsibility
    2. Merit based promotions and pay raise. Overall, competitive pay
    3. Few work politics
    4. Quorum is gaining market share in the Upstream area. Already industry leader in Land and Midstream

Cons

1. Growing company leaves areas for improvement. On the flip side, there is no large amounts of red tape or hoops to jump through to do your own job.
    2. In 2014, Quorum was overloaded with new deals. this is tough in the short term, but great in the long term

Note: many of the reviews on here seem to be from individuals who have never had experience in the real world. If you are complaining about 50 hour weeks, you should go get a government job, and not be looking to be a consultant. Company wide, the hours average to about 9 hours a day. Good luck finding anything cushier at the Big Four.

Advice to Management

1. Improve recruiting to prevent the hiring of unmotivated individuals who are afraid of being committed to their job.
    2. Be more strategic with clients to ensure long-term client relationships
    3. Focus on retention of good employees
    4. Emphasize more company culture so that young employees are able to better identify with their career

Great place to grow!

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

I came through the "college recruiting" process just like most of the other employees here. I had 2 round of interviews on campus with different managers then got a call to come visit the office. The office visit is what really won me over! The Houston office is amazing! We got a chance to talk to some of the current employees over dinner and they told me what their likes/dislikes are about the company and even gave me some tips for my office interview. The next day, you have an interview with an executive of the company. I wouldn't even call it an 'interview' it was more of a conversation. The same night after my office visit, I got a call from someone in recruiting with the offer. (Very quick turnaround).

I've been here for almost a year and I am already a 'back-up' for my BL and the backup team lead. Quorum really cares about the growth of their employees!

Cons

In the beginning, it may seem like you are working long hours (50-60 p/wk). After a couple months when you get the hang of it you learn how to manage your own time. The way I look at it - more time and effort you put into something the more you will get out of it.

It is a wonderful place to work

Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well structured environment. Professional and friendly team members

Cons

High pressure job, when it comes to billing hours

Great Experience

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

Lots of experience and responsibility straight out of college. Friendly people. Open workplace where employees are encouraged to ask questions. Mentor program for new employees. 4 week training teaches lots of information/technologies. Opportunities to help out with recruitment process. Flexible work time frames (as long as you put in your 9+ hours). Really intelligent co-workers. Work activities can change day by day, so tasks will never be boring. The company is doing great overall in their industry.

Cons

Other employees will know and gossip about your new role/project before you even know it (so you'll usually hear unofficially first). Some employees have to work long 12+ hours days on projects and generally seem unhappy. High turnover. Sometimes it is difficult to have a charge code to apply all 9 hours of your work day. Depending on the teams, there can be issues in communication.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee retention. Ensure all managers & above are openly communicating tasks. Find a way to ease the stress of charge codes.

Great place to work for people that are driven to succeed.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent place to work if you enjoy being challenged and desire the opportunity to take on responsibility. It's great to be surrounded by other highly motivated and intelligent people.

Cons

Fast paced work environment with high expectations, may not be right for everyone. Sometimes the pressure that comes from the high expectations adds to overall job stress.

Rewarding place to work with career opportunities proportional to ambition

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. full-time

Pros

The people are talented individuals from top to bottom with a culture centered around mentorship, employee development, and dynamic work opportunities. You will learn a lot about the oil & natural gas industry, develop meaningful technical skills, and have opportunities to gain responsibility very early on. A significant portion of the leadership is "home-grown" talent. Financial compensation is very good and merit based. Social and team-building activities happen frequently at the vertical / team level to build camaraderie.

Cons

Expectations are high to continue to build on the company's success, so scrubs won't last very long and need not apply.

Challenging, fast-paced environment but rewarding in experience and compensation

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

Location, training in software, rich industry experience, collaborative work environment

Cons

Not enough vacation time, travel time is not billable to the company

Advice to Management

Senior managers and above can always be more approachable and friendly

Great Place to Build a Career

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Pros

Great place to learn a lot about the oil and gas business and technology. Lots of training to take advantage of. Company has a strong focus on mentoring. The people are great, lots of high performing, smart and personable people. Talented leadership team with many that started their careers at Quorum.

Compensation is very competitive. Office facilities and location are top notch.

Cons

Consulting is a tough business, travel and hours can be challenging for some people to manage effectively.

Quorum is a great place to develop your career.

I have been working at Quorum Business Solutions, Inc.

Pros

Great People, Long term vision and growth, Care about their Clients

Cons

Company expects employees to be hard working, high achievers

Quorum Business Solutions, Inc. Photos