Quotient, Inc.

Updated December 5, 2014
4.6

Jodi Lare

people-oriented organization

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

a very flexible work environment

Cons

I have no cons to offer.

Quotient, Inc. Response

Dec 17, 2014President

Thanks for taking the time to submit your review. We're working hard to keep the ship moving forward. Your efforts are appreciated very much!

Great place for independent thinkers

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time

Pros

If you are a creative, independent minded, self-starter, this is the place for you. There is a Friendly corporate atmosphere, and no obstructions from management. This independence allows you to make as much of it as you can....leading to more creativity. Overall a great place to work.

Cons

Some of the benefits can use some work. The health plan leads much to be desired (cheapest plan does not always = good), and the retirement plan is subpar.

Please review benefit package, especially the medical plan.

Fast growing company with many different opportunities

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

For a fast growing company, there is a great feeling of ownership among the employees. Even though many of us are spread through out the DMV area on client site, it feels very close knit when we all get together on the fun company events. Management is always listening to ensure that all team members are placed in the best growth opportunity for our skill sets. The lines of communication are very open from top to bottom. With the new contracts being awarded, I like the fact that we are encouraged to stretch ourselves into new positions.

Cons

A company newsletter would be helpful in keeping up with the latest and greatest.

Keep on growing the company!

100% No BS Review of Quotient!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

[ QUOTIENT ] is a very vibrant company with lots of potential. People in the office are extremely friendly and they are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that an employee has everything he needs to excel at his work. The culture is very open and they expect their employees to deliver quality work for all the quality tools and benefits they provide.

The interview process is very simple. Initially, the recruiter from [ QUOTIENT ] contacts a potential candidate. If the candidate is comfortable then he has the option to complete a short interview on that vary call. Upon scheduling an interview he will be given more information about the position and ways to find the [ QUOTIENT ] office.

If the candidate is interviewing for an engineering position (e.g. software engineering, web design, 3D, etc…), usually, the interview is taken by 3 to 4 engineers. The questions depend on the position, the level of rigor required to best suit the position and also the overall experience of the candidate. The interview questions start off very friendly and gradually gets harder. The questions range from basics to masters level. The complexity and specificity of the questions vary from position to position and the level of experience the candidate claims to have. A candidate who interviews with [ QUOTIENT ] should be well prepared and backup any claims he might have on his resume! Experience with writing on the whiteboard will be very useful!

The first day at [ QUOTIENT ] will start off with a surprise. These surprises vary from employee to employee and [ QUOTIENT ] will switch their surprises around to give the new family member the most pleasant welcome possible. Expect to receive a high-end computer of your choice and lots of goodies in the refrigerator!

The company cares too much about its employees and they will do whatever they can to make their stay as rewarding as possible. All employees receive great healthcare packages, vision, dental, holidays, tuition reimbursements, membership plans to various websites, gym membership reimbursements, birthday surprises, company wide celebrations, and any other tools an employee may need. The employees also get the option to work standing up or working at a desk. In addition, if it is applicable then the employees have the option to work remotely from home as well.

Overall, [ QUOTIENT ] is an extremely vibrant company with lots of potential for growth and success. Anyone who is willing to treat this company as his own and willing to treat each employee as his own family member will be a great fit! This company is bound to be “THE” place to work in the United States of America!

Cons

* May require travel around the DMV areas to meet clients
    * Tuition Reimbursements could be little higher
    * The contractual agreement can be limiting

* Consider getting everyone upbeat on the project status, and long term goals.
    * Consider providing a single point of access to everything (e.g. Project Planning, Document Management, etc...)

Great company, amazing boss and colleagues

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Washington, DC

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Awesome company to work for
    I have worked for Quotient for more than 5 years. The whole company is like a big family. In addition to regular work, there are many interesting activities: routine lunch with manage(s), baseball game night, Christmas party/dinner at restaurant, Indoor Speedway event, birthday card/cake, etc.
    - Great management team
    I have worked closely with 4 managers, including our president. All of them are very friendly, and supportive. I feel my work has been really appreciated.
    - Fun to work with co-workers
    They are motivated, intelligent, caring, helping each other.
    - Complete/amazing benefit package
    Some of the benefits I like very much are vacation/sick/personal days, retirement investment options, profit sharing, healthcare, health/life insurance, education/tuition reimbursement, etc.
    - I have recommended many of my friends to Quotient

Cons

None, none, none, none, none (I have to put at least 5 words for Cons)

Great Company, feel very fortunate to be part of Quotient

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome place to work as well as great time with co-workers. People who work here are wonderful, intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! The management team welcomes constructive feedback from every level of the organization, they are always accessible and want to see employees succeed.

Got paid on time, never had any issues. Year end Christmas party which is great fun.

I would definitely recommend this company

Cons

None I can think of

Keep up the great work

Decent place to work- I can see myself content here for awhile

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time

Pros

- Cool contracts and gigs, neat projects.
    - You can tell they take pride in their employees and work/services they provide. They aren't trying to scam their clients in any way- they really want to see their contributions become fruitful for the client.
    - Small company size, family like- even if you work on site you'll occasionally get visits from the higher ups.
    - Decent pay and a company profit sharing plan which really tells you they put employees in a higher regard then some companies.
    - Awesome HR/admin staff- a pleasure to work with.
    - No sinking ship feeling I had at larger shops

Cons

- The non compete they make you sign is a pretty wild read- it basically states you can't work for any sort of competitor after leaving Quotient, which as you know in the IT world in DC is literally every other company.
    - Benefits are pretty expensive compared to other gigs I've had- but that's to be expected with a tinier company.
    - Make sure to start at the end of a month- no benefits, including PTO start until the beginning of the next month. I understand everything but the PTO- that just seems petty.
    - When working on a government site you are initially told you are treated the same as the federal employees but this isn't exactly true.. But that might be based on the specific contract you work on.
    - When the government closes for something such as inclement weather you are forced to take personal/vacation leave even though you physically can't enter your place of employment. (Even if it doesn't happen that often the idea of it rubs me the wrong way considering they are otherwise a very reasonable company)

I don't really know the management all that well since I work on site. Nothing is terrible about this company- it seems to be doing just fine and most people seem happy here- myself included. I am not 100% blown away by it but I also don't dread going to work like my last gig. Keep doing what you are doing and expanding and maybe rethink that snow day policy for those on site. I really love the actual work I am doing. I am glad Quotient put me in a good spot.

Great company.. Great Team

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Quotient is focused on providing the best possible service to their customers and a great work atmosphere to their employees. They offer amazing benefits such as education/tuition reimbursement, free drinks, and great retirement investment options. The managers will allow you to grow and reach your full potential. This is by far the best company that I have ever worked for and I would recommend them to anyone.

Cons

No cons come to mind

Keep up the great work!

Entrepreneurial company which values its employees and our innovation.

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best reasons to work here are the caliber of people. We have some pretty smart people here and they all contribute to make sure that we are achieving our goals. Since the company is small, you cannot get lost and Senior Management goes out of its way to make sure that all are welcome.

Cons

None, unless you cannot work in an evolving business environment. Quotient is growing and adding in support to ease the growing pains, but these pains are nothing different than any other small company looking to take it to the next level.

Make sure that the benefits offered (time-off, holidays, etc) are commensurate with the overall experience level of your applicants and that they are equal across the board.

Great Company - Poised to Grow

Current Employee - Senior Applications Architect in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Architect in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Quotient, Inc. as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture, people, and management team. They're making a lot of investments to grow yet seem to be maintaining the nimble small company culture that has made them successful to date. Free lunches a few times a month are a nice way to meet other employees that I don't always interact with.

Cons

None that I can think of

Maintain the fun hard working environment and keep adding talented people to maximize opportunities for all employees.

Quotient, Inc. Response

Oct 14, 2014Director of Operations

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear Quotient has provided a good culture and environment for employees to develop professionally. This is what we strive to provide our employees. This ... More

Quotient, Inc. Photos