R.E. Michel Company

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Doc Michel

Forklift Operator, worked in all three warehouses including multiple branches.

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) Glen Burnie, MD

ProsHonestly, the company as a whole is run extremely well. Everyone I worked with was friendly and if there was a dispute it was resolved quickly. The managers really know what they're doing and will go out of their way to help if it is needed. They're flexible and they put people in positions that best suit them, changing and swapping people if the need arises or the employee is better suited elsewhere.

ConsThe work is hard and if you want to rise within the company you have to be willing to put in the work. In the warehouses summers are hot and winters are cold, if you can't handle the elements then it's no place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you're doing.

Great Experience, Sometimes Frustrating

Jack of All Trades (Current Employee)

ProsDecent Pay, Decent Benefits, Great hours with the exception of the pointless Saturdays that you are required to work

ConsPointless Saturdays, Poor Training for an HVAC outsider, Clueless Regional management

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry more OEM parts and equipment on the branch level. We are wasting a fortune in UPS and Fed EX charges. Cut out Saturdays, which are seriously pointless. Having branch employees cold call customers to drum up business makes us appear desperate and weak.

excellent

COUNTER SALES (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

Prospotential for long term career for hardworking individual

ConsI can't think of any

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot so far!

Counter Sales2 (Current Employee)

ProsYou learn a ton working at R.E. Michel. They send you to classes and keep you up to date with the changing product lines. I started with zero knowledge of HVAC. I'm several years into working here and I have a basic knowledge of HVAC now.

ConsJust like every other company .. They have cut back hours and now require you to work Saturdays basically free. You leave earlier during the week and make up that time working Saturdays.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I were to type out a whole paragraph out in this space nothing would change. Guys in the branches do not have a voice.

good place to gain industry experience

COUNTER SALES (Former Employee)

Prosworking hours were good, 8 to 5 job

ConsThis position requires driving the delivery truck in the absence of the driver. If the driver is unreliable, there will be a lot of road time.

A learning experience. If you don't learn something new about the trade, everyday, you aren't paying attention!

Senior Counter Sales (Current Employee)

ProsEmployees on every level, are more like family, than coworkers. I have contact with many employees at many locations every day, and it is the greatest support team you could ask for. If you need/want training in a field you are weak in, just ask, and they will make it happen. Knowlege and customer support/service is a major priority at R.E.M., and it shows, the way the Co. is growing.

ConsI had to think about this one too long to come up with a "con", so that's a good thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen multiple employees report the same issues with a salaried employee, investigate and remedy. Ever hear of "Undercover Boss"?

Worked for R.E. Michel Company? Contribute to the Community!