R/GA Reviews

Reset
3.2
R/GA Founder, Chairman, and CEO Bob Greenberg
Bob Greenberg

Pros
  • You will still find smart people to work and laugh with while you work on boring accounts (in 18 reviews)

• There are some fairly talented people at R/GA, they have some great clients and their name will look pretty good on your CV (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is tough, as it is in any other agency (in 13 reviews)

• Be prepared to work long hours and get burnt out if you're seen as one of the 'better ones' (in 14 reviews)

1. Good place

Former Employee - Visual Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Visual Designer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Was a good place, was nice to be there at the start of a new office

Cons

General new office teething, but all good

Advice to Management

keep it goi

You don't want to get cancer

Former Contractor - Software Developer Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Software Developer Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at R/GA as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're into cutting edge graphics and interaction, you may get to work on some very cool projects at R/GA. If you're into design, there are many talented designers here. R/GA gets hired to do some truly cutting edge stuff.

Cons

I was fortunate enough to *just* be a contractor at R/GA. I was brought on board to complete a major project. Happy to say we were successful, but the hours and work load were absolutely grueling. We worked days, nights, and weekends as well. I understand that sometimes you need to crunch; however, when I was asked to return for another contract I declined. I had an intuitive sense that the directors and executives were unhealthy due to extreme stress. You could literally see it in their faces and bodies. I can visualize how many times I caught them stuffing their faces with donuts, cookies, and junk food which was probably just a coping mechanism. On a Friday night at 9:00pm, it would be common to see the office full. Seriously people...get a life.

Advice to Management

Work to live, don't live to work.

3. Smart people - very competitive

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Smart people who are down to earth for the most part and look for the right answer to any question no matter what it takes.

Cons

Sometimes like being in high school but like art school as well.

Advice to Management

Remain authentic

Exhausting and Fickle

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at R/GA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to many projects, ability to work with a wide variety of people from all around the globe, the team includes incredibly talented creatives and technologists, big name clients, lots of exposure.

Cons

Disorganized, constant layoffs in a time when business should be skyrocketing, terrible business decisions that lead to huge problems, enormous turnover rate (constantly working with strangers), terrible client management.

Advice to Management

Address the employee turnover issue, make employees feel like they can establish themselves in the organization. Try harder to retain talent and learn how build teams that can build strength.

6. Friendly environment and ton of smart and creative people. Strong leadership

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at R/GA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting and challenging projects. Startup-like environment. Creativity is welcomed and encouraged

Cons

Some projects might be stressful. Fast-pacing projects might not be for everyone

Advice to Management

You do care about the people that work here. You do promote health workplace. Keep it up. Think about how to lower the turnover rate which is high for the agencies like this

7. Rewarding!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I love working for a leader that is inspiring and respectful of his employees. I think Bob does a fantastic job running the company.

Cons

The internal processes do not make sense, they could be more efficient and smarter.

Advice to Management

The management is fine, from what I've seen so far the leaders are great. Obviously, there are a few bad apples and I think wrong hiring decisions were made.

R/GA San Francisco - 360 Degree Design

Current Employee - Associate Interaction Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Interaction Designer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Variety of projects from big to small on variety of subjects Great project mobility not to much not too little, every few month ability to participate in something new weather it is brainstorming, researching, sketching, ideation or production Great people: smart, international, humble, pleasant Smart and respectful management Wonderful work location

Cons

A lot of work is done with the New York office, long distance, time difference and alternative work culture take effort.

Advice to Management

San Francisco management - great New York management - be more open minded and have trust

RSS Feed </> Embed