R+L Carriers

Updated August 17, 2014
Updated August 17, 2014

2.5

Ralph Larry Roberts, Sr

Pros
  • Decent pay, vacation spots they own free of charge to use, Sundays off (in 4 reviews)

• Pay and some decent benefits, having the employee resorts is a plus when you get the opportunity to use them (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No respect for employees whatsoever, they will write you up in a heartbeat but yet will never give you praise for a job well done (in 4 reviews)

• No respect for anyone below service center managers (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

R+L Carriers review

Pros

I enjoy working for R+L Carriers. Though R+L is a large company it has the feel of a small close knit family company. There are multiple locations throughout the US and various types of businesses that R+L owns and operates. This opens up the opportunity to advance your career or explore your skills in a new area. R+L recognizes talent and hard work and often promotes from within the company. I have been very happy with their support of a good home and work balance. Plus they have some amazing benefits above and beyond the great health care, dental and vision insurance. They offer free use of multiple vacation resort hotels around the US to all of their employees.

Cons

I have no cons at this time

Top of the line!!

Former Employee - Dockworker  in  Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - Dockworker in Tonawanda, NY

Pros

Overall Great place to work. People care about their jobs, top of the line pay and no need for a union because the company actually takes care of it's employees. Their operations are very ahead of the curve being that I've worked at Land Air, R+L & NEMF the other 2 companies don't even cut it close!

Cons

You'll be stuck part time for a very long time.. If management like you they'll let you stay later.. Hire alot of non experienced people constantly stabbing drums, putting *businesses at risk* just overall damaging freight and get away with it!

Keep up the good work!

racist and discriminatory

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in West Sacramento, CA

Pros

never get fired if you mess up

Cons

not being Caucasian and will not get promoted if you don't know the right people, no matter how much experience that you have.

get rid of the good old boy club in the upper management

Aug 20, 2014Employee Representative

We value the feedback of our employees. We encourage you to share your experience at http://www.talktorl.com/ our R+L Employee Cares page. Concerns left on that page are addressed by members of our ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ask more, give less.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

Pros

Company is growing FAST, pay is okay, benefits are above average. Free stay at resorts in TN, FL, and CA when you have the time and have saved enough for travel and vacation expenses. It is nice not to have to include hotel costs.

Cons

lack of advancement, increases not relevant. If advancement is offered they do their best to ensure you do not get fair compensation for the work load given. HR needs a full flush. Communication between departments needs a major improvement as well as consistent training at all locations.

Jul 1, 2014Employee Representative

R+L Carriers is always interested in continually improving the way we operate. We value your comments and your dedication to our company. We look upon our relationships with our employees as a ... More

Terrible, just awful

Current Employee - Billing Department
    Current Employee - Billing Department

Pros

Consistent work schedule, pay, limited benefits

Cons

They'll give raises but then cut hours (I guess that's to keep the bottom line unchanged), management, both local and corporate, is completely inept, paid vacation for part-time employees is not for their full hours (that way your paycheck for your vacation is over $100 short, talk about bittersweet and robbery), local terminal manager steals money that is supposed to be used for maintenance and custodial purposes yet corporate doesn't notice the lack of bills for those services. Guess that's why it takes several days to get our air conditioner repaired and why there are dust bunnies everywhere and green stuff growing in our toilets, not to mention the insect problem. Opportunities stolen from qualified employees based on unethical or immoral reasons. Definitely not based on productivity or work ethic. Total lack of respect for employees, slack management, and deplorable working conditions. They lead with fear and intimidation. Avoid at all cost!!

You're too far gone unless you can listen to employee concerns without giving them disciplinary slips for "insubordination". Also, too many rule and policy violations are taking place and going unnoticed.

Jul 1, 2014Employee Representative

R+L Carriers is always interested in continuous improvement opportunities and we value your comments and your service to our company. We look upon our relationships with our employees as a ... More

Crappy as crappy gets

Current Employee - P and D Driver  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - P and D Driver in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Co worker great to work with

Cons

Management inept. They will throw under the bus in a heart beat.

Tell the truth

Customer Service

Pros

set schedule, consistent pay check

Cons

poor management direction and management by fear

listen to your employees

Not a bad place to work.

Current Employee - Dockworker  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Dockworker in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Pay and some decent benefits, having the employee resorts is a plus when you get the opportunity to use them and you're off on weekends.

Cons

If you are not a driver, or upper management, you are nobody.

Appreciate the good workers and get rid of the bad ones.

Gritty Freight.

Former Employee - Operations Management  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Operations Management in Portland, OR

Pros

Possible change ways.... in operating your LTL business like your completion.

Cons

No flexibility, Below average benefits, disrespect for managers, turnover too high.

Hire more employees to hit realistic goals. Improve warehouse terminal's to complete with other LTL freight companies.

terrible place to work

Former Employee - Mechanic  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Portland, OR

Pros

i can not think of a single one.

Cons

hire and promote based on friendships not rather one can actually do the job.
    I was sexually harassed by my boss, when I complained to his boss, his boss texted me a picture of his privates. I reported it to corporate H/R and they did nothing so I quit.
    old outdated equipment that is Jerry rigged. most of the people in a position of power abuse the other employees. I would never recommend some work for these people. Even if you need a job bad go to fast food first.

weed out the problems, not the good workers.

Worked for R+L Carriers? Contribute to the Community!