R+L Carriers

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
2.5

Ralph Larry Roberts, Sr

Pros
  • Decent pay, vacation spots they own free of charge to use, Sundays off (in 4 reviews)

• Pay and some decent benefits, having the employee resorts is a plus when you get the opportunity to use them and you're off on weekends (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No respect for employees whatsoever, they will write you up in a heartbeat but yet will never give you praise for a job well done (in 4 reviews)

• The ones that take chances for the benefit of the company get thrown about upper management the first time something goes wrong (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company and ultra competitive, but ownership needs to step in to save the company from itself.

Current Employee - Outside Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Outside Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at R+L Carriers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great salary, excellent bonus potential, tons of opportunity to grow internally.

Cons

Cut throat environment. Everyone only cares about themselves and will do anything to make sure they stay off the radar. The ones that take chances for the benefit of the company get thrown about upper management the first time something goes wrong.

Recognize those who bring growth to the company, not those who stand idle and are content with what they "manage."

they will squeeze everything they possibly can out of you until your spirit is crushed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at R+L Carriers

Pros

For the most part, I like my co-workers.

Cons

People are never rewarded for doing a good job, except with "Pride Points" with which you can get some stupid company crap like gloves or a hat, but if you do something wrong, get ready to get your a.ss chewed out. Terminal Manager is rude and impatient and uncaring. They barely train you but then expect you to know everything.

Care about your employees instead of the bottom line occasionally. When you're reprimanding someone, instead of just repeating your (probably stupid) question more loudly, maybe first give them a chance to answer, then LISTEN.

Decent company, have had issues with management.

Current Employee - Combo Driver in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Combo Driver in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at R+L Carriers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Salary, bonuses, and steady workload

Cons

dishonest management. I was told I would not have to work the dock at time of hire. 5 months later I had to have a meeting with my supperiors for refusing to work the dock. I was forced to sit off the clock for nearly an hour waiting on a load, before i informed the dispatcher i was going home. The dispatcher lied about what transpired. Also sitting on loads is a common thing.

Tell employees all of what the job entails.

In Person

I have been working at R+L Carriers

Pros

Progress with in company, holiday resorts

Cons

had to clock in/out of work, boring area

R+L Carriers review

I have been working at R+L Carriers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy working for R+L Carriers. Though R+L is a large company it has the feel of a small close knit family company. There are multiple locations throughout the US and various types of businesses that R+L owns and operates. This opens up the opportunity to advance your career or explore your skills in a new area. R+L recognizes talent and hard work and often promotes from within the company. I have been very happy with their support of a good home and work balance. Plus they have some amazing benefits above and beyond the great health care, dental and vision insurance. They offer free use of multiple vacation resort hotels around the US to all of their employees.

Cons

I have no cons at this time

does not value employees

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at R+L Carriers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

paid on time, benefits ok

Cons

management does not care about employees

consider the employee turn over rate

Top of the line!!

Former Employee - Dockworker in Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - Dockworker in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at R+L Carriers part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overall Great place to work. People care about their jobs, top of the line pay and no need for a union because the company actually takes care of it's employees. Their operations are very ahead of the curve being that I've worked at Land Air, R+L & NEMF the other 2 companies don't even cut it close!

Cons

You'll be stuck part time for a very long time.. If management like you they'll let you stay later.. Hire alot of non experienced people constantly stabbing drums, putting *businesses at risk* just overall damaging freight and get away with it!

Keep up the good work!

Horrible very disorganized company

Former Employee - City Driver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - City Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at R+L Carriers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay was good weekends off

Cons

Dispatch has alot of favoritism they will gave route to who ever they want u will start at the bobtail working u to death no lunch not worth wasting ur time here find a better place to go

Listen to drivers more then dispactch drivers word doesnt count in this company

racist and discriminatory

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at R+L Carriers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

never get fired if you mess up

Cons

not being Caucasian and will not get promoted if you don't know the right people, no matter how much experience that you have.

get rid of the good old boy club in the upper management

R+L Carriers Response

Aug 20, 2014Employee Representative

We value the feedback of our employees. We encourage you to share your experience at http://www.talktorl.com/ our R+L Employee Cares page. Concerns left on that page are addressed by members of our ... More

Ask more, give less.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, OH

I have been working at R+L Carriers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company is growing FAST, pay is okay, benefits are above average. Free stay at resorts in TN, FL, and CA when you have the time and have saved enough for travel and vacation expenses. It is nice not to have to include hotel costs.

Cons

lack of advancement, increases not relevant. If advancement is offered they do their best to ensure you do not get fair compensation for the work load given. HR needs a full flush. Communication between departments needs a major improvement as well as consistent training at all locations.

R+L Carriers Response

Jul 1, 2014Employee Representative

R+L Carriers is always interested in continually improving the way we operate. We value your comments and your dedication to our company. We look upon our relationships with our employees as a ... More