R+L Carriers

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ralph Larry Roberts, Sr

Pros:
  • "Decent pay, vacation spots they own free of charge to use, Sundays off"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Pay and some decent benefits, having the employee resorts is a plus when you get the opportunity to use them"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "No respect for employees whatsoever, they will write you up in a heartbeat but yet will never give you praise for a job well done"
    in 3 reviews
  • "No respect for anyone below service center managers"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Ask more, give less.

Wilmington, OH

ProsCompany is growing FAST, pay is okay, benefits are above average. Free stay at resorts in TN, FL, and CA when you have the time and have saved enough for travel and vacation expenses. It is nice not to have to include hotel costs.

Conslack of advancement, increases not relevant. If advancement is offered they do their best to ensure you do not get fair compensation for the work load given. HR needs a full flush. Communication between departments needs a major improvement as well as consistent training at all locations.

Flag Review
    R+L Carriers Employee Representative responded to this review Jul 1, 2014 EditDelete
    R+L Carriers is always interested in continually improving the way we operate. We value your comments and your dedication to our company. We look upon our relationships with our employees as a ... More

Terrible, just awful

Billing Department (Current Employee)

ProsConsistent work schedule, pay, limited benefits

ConsThey'll give raises but then cut hours (I guess that's to keep the bottom line unchanged), management, both local and corporate, is completely inept, paid vacation for part-time employees is not for their full hours (that way your paycheck for your vacation is over $100 short, talk about bittersweet and robbery), local terminal manager steals money that is supposed to be used for maintenance and custodial purposes yet corporate doesn't notice the lack of bills for those services. Guess that's why it takes several days to get our air conditioner repaired and why there are dust bunnies everywhere and green stuff growing in our toilets, not to mention the insect problem. Opportunities stolen from qualified employees based on unethical or immoral reasons. Definitely not based on productivity or work ethic. Total lack of respect for employees, slack management, and deplorable working conditions. They lead with fear and intimidation. Avoid at all cost!!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're too far gone unless you can listen to employee concerns without giving them disciplinary slips for "insubordination". Also, too many rule and policy violations are taking place and going unnoticed.

Flag Review
    R+L Carriers is always interested in continuous improvement opportunities and we value your comments and your service to our company. We look upon our relationships with our employees as a ... More

Customer Service

Prosset schedule, consistent pay check

Conspoor management direction and management by fear

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Crappy as crappy gets

P and D Driver (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

ProsCo worker great to work with

ConsManagement inept. They will throw under the bus in a heart beat.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth

Not a bad place to work.

Dockworker (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsPay and some decent benefits, having the employee resorts is a plus when you get the opportunity to use them and you're off on weekends.

ConsIf you are not a driver, or upper management, you are nobody.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the good workers and get rid of the bad ones.

Gritty Freight.

Operations Management (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsPossible change ways.... in operating your LTL business like your completion.

ConsNo flexibility, Below average benefits, disrespect for managers, turnover too high.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more employees to hit realistic goals. Improve warehouse terminal's to complete with other LTL freight companies.

Understaffed and Overworked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat People to work with, for the most part.
    Very casual atmosphere.

ConsStress levels were through the roof - too few people trying to do too much work.
    Technology was outdated which made it even more difficult to get anything accomplished.
    Lack of trust with the employees, i.e., getting access to the tools you need to do your job (internet, e-mail and in-house programs).
    Could lean on the unprofessional side at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementJob analysis is desperately needed (office workers). Wouldn't be a bad place to work if there were enough people to actually get the work done. Management should take the time to review what needs to be done vs. what is getting done and rework it from there.

Account receivables

Credit Card (Former Employee)
    Wilmington, OH

ProsLoved my job and co workers

ConsLong Hours, Not a lot of room for advancement,

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Be open on business decisions. Being in the dark on them is a scary place when your family counts on your income.

terrible place to work

Mechanic (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

Prosi can not think of a single one.

Conshire and promote based on friendships not rather one can actually do the job.
    I was sexually harassed by my boss, when I complained to his boss, his boss texted me a picture of his privates. I reported it to corporate H/R and they did nothing so I quit.
    old outdated equipment that is Jerry rigged. most of the people in a position of power abuse the other employees. I would never recommend some work for these people. Even if you need a job bad go to fast food first.

Advice to Senior Managementweed out the problems, not the good workers.

Not good for IT and engineers

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Wilmington, OH

ProsHard-working colleagues, good exposure within IT, slightly relaxed environment.
    Not too many Pros. CEO believes he is doing good with community service, charity but this is at the expense of employees health, wealth and peace of mind. When they hire bad managers, the bad trickles down to every aspect of work in the company.

ConsHopeless management, extremely poorly formed processes, utter disrespect to employees by management. Owner might be good but upper and middle management is filled with guys trying to ruin the company, thereby ruining lives of people working here. Bunch of cronies.

Advice to Senior Managementlol.

Worked for R+L Carriers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at R+L Carriers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for R+L Carriers CEO Ralph Larry Roberts, Sr. All 53 reviews posted anonymously by R+L Carriers employees.