R.R. Donnelley

Be The First To
Add Photos

R.R. Donnelley President, CEO, and Director Tom Quinlan III

Tom Quinlan III

Pros
  • Work/life balance is very flexible and the office is very casual(in 11 reviews)

• needed a job the opportunity presented itself easy enough to learn good people that I(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • frequent rotational shifts disturbs our work life balance(in 14 reviews)

• Unless you are "buddy buddy" with upper management you will not advance(in 20 reviews)

Get me outta here

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosco-workers
    20 word minimum? I'm doing what I love for a company I've grown to hate. There aren't many more pros than the people I work with.

ConsNo career path
    Benefits slashed
    Salaries stagnant
    Increased responsibilities with no compensation
    Management Mantra: "Be happy you have a job, little cog"

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking at employees and start doing something about their rampant unhappiness, and stop pawning it off on lower level managers to create satisfaction without supporting them. If I'm asked to fill out one more survey that you're not going to do a darn thing about, and worse, try to spin it as if reactions were positive, I'll scream. Lack of responses means we've given up and aren't going to let you waste our time with more of it.

Mount Vernon Printing is not my life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Laurel, MD

ProsCo-Workers were friendly.
    Union Shop

ConsManagement is RUDE.
    I felt very disrespected at times.
    NO Overtime and you work weekends

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate needs to watch who is in management.

Dead end jobs galore

ProsYou will get a lot of mandatory overtime, if you like that kind of life then this is the right company for you.

ConsNo work/life balance. You will work a lot of mandatory overtime and still have to worry about your work when you come home or go on vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt won't hurt to invest in technology to improve your internal systems. The system is so outdated, it makes the job a lot harder than it needs to be.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Looking for change

ProsTeam oriented environment while also being a place where employees work by themselves, amount of different job tasks are a good variety

Conslimited room for growth within the company, lack of leadership within the department, lack of sufficient paid time off, no windows in the department (no air flow or cirulation)

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the value of employees who have effiecient and excellent performance as opposed to ability to interview well, job tasks don't require much communication and interview skills do not apply

Friendly co-workers but management lacks organization.

Production Artist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFriendly co-workers and pleasant work environment.

ConsManagement isn't too organized. It seems that each department has it's own procedures
    and efficiency can be greatly improved if all departments follow same procedure and practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers of all the departments should work together and follow through when
    new procedures are implemented. New guidelines and policies look great on paper but nothing
    will improve unless you have the strength and discipline to follow through.

Fair

Suppy Chain (Current Employee)

ProsThe culture here is very lax.

ConsThere is little room for career advancement

Good Service-Bad Agency

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe compensation was 1099 commission so it was directly related to the accounts I could close. Pricing was the lowest in the marketplace. No training available.

ConsThe work-life balance was good as I worked for an agent of the corporate structure-Donnelley Logistics. The follow-up on damages and claims was adequate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire your agents carefully

Ok since takeover from Moore Wallace

Account Specialist III - Customer Service (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBenefits were the only good things about this company.

Conswages are not up to business standards within the industry. Upper management is not in tune with day to day performances conducted by their employees. No growth allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally learn what your employees do and what they are fully capable of doing before you go outside to hire for positions that your inside employees are more than capable of fullfilling

XBRL Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOthers in the same position were hired shortly after in which they were paid 20% less, I got in at the right time, but felt bad for the others because we did the exact same thing. Worked only 8 hours and got to leave.

ConsCustomer is king, which is true to an extent. Unrealistic deadlines that clients wanted and had to make happy regardless of quality of work. Worked rotating shifts, 24 hours a day, and if you could not work a shift they would schedule you regardless, and if you didn't like it, then there is the door.

Opportunities for corporate growth in a high-risk transition

Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company is at a transition point as it seeks to move away from a print-focused business to one more oriented to service and technology in an internet world. There are opportunities for smart and flexible people who can help the company adapt.

ConsCompensation is low to average, raises are cost-of-living at best. No 401K matching, poor health benefits. RRD treats people as a cost center.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in technology, invest in people.

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!