R.R. Donnelley

Be The First To
Add Photos

R.R. Donnelley President, CEO, and Director Tom Quinlan III

Tom Quinlan III

Pros:
  • "Work/life balance is very flexible and the office is very casual"
    in 10 reviews
  • "needed a job the opportunity presented itself easy enough to learn good people that I"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "No 401K match, stock options, bonus etc"
    in 17 reviews
  • "frequent rotational shifts disturbs our work life balance"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Not what you would think they should be.

Bindery Machine Operator (Former Employee)
    Bolingbrook, IL

ProsA big name global company.

ConsThis company only cares about their shareholders and not their employees. They never choose managers and supervisors with correct experience or background. They only hire their buddies so they can collect on a finders fee. This company is much to corrupt to consider if you have a career in your field. The managers and supervisors stay out of sight and do very little because they never have an answer or a solution and that is because of the lack of background and experience. RRD does not teach. If you are polished they can't use you or won't use you because they are very insecure. They rather point the finger and argue about nonsense then work as a team. This company will dummy down the most intelligent people. This company is always hiring. Usually they already have someone chosen but, they only go through the formality of posting the jobs.
    They do not promote internally because of lack of knowledge and experience in the next levels. This big company will and has become just a job. I know of some that have worked for this company over 25 years and have never been promoted to anything else other then what they started as, and they are paid like they are slight idiots and not employees of 25 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is only concerned about keeping their own jobs. They will never care about the company, team, moving ahead and progressing to a higher level. To much corruption all around. It will never stop until you clean house and correctly interview and correctly place your talent to the correct job.

No career growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPoor leadership in my team which led demotivation

ConsWork life balance is really awesome

One of the worst professional experiences of my sales career

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
    Lewisville, TX

ProsSome of the people within the inside sales division were very friendly and well knowledgeable for the industry they are in.

ConsSystems, procedures, policies, business practices, and everything in between was horribly disorganized. We were constantly told to quote lead times that were never going to get met, and asked to sell print jobs below margins just to get the sale. Commissions were never accurate. The insurance coverage offered was laughable at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart really listening to your employee's and customer's needs and then execute a plan to meet those needs. Stop basing all decision making of the fact that being the biggest makes you automatically the best. Strive to actually be the best.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Yuck. Yusk. Yuck.

Quality Control (Former Employee)
    Neenah, WI

ProsCan't think of any. Never a good moment in this hell-hole.

ConsToo many to list. Management sucks, bad pay, no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease quit and ley some other people try their luck

Dying Company in a Dying Field

Packing (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed my co-workers. That's it.

ConsSo many it's hard to remember them all. When I saw some reviews saying "it's a job" or "it's a pay check" I knew there had to be trouble. Shop floor managers are clueless, can't communicate to employees. The plant was so thinned out from cuts I'm surprised the lights were on. Equipment was breaking down and badly in need of replacing. Can't believe they are making rent receipts anymore. Does anyone really use these anymore, in this age of computers? They use temp agencies and abuse them worse than cattle.Pay was below average although work wasn't too hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that your industry is changing and dying in many respects. If you don't start to change your culture and strategic goals you'll be out of business within 10 years or less. You can't continue to buy other companies in hopes of making money.

Pressman

Press Technician II (Current Employee)
    Saint Charles, IL

ProsIt was a job that's about it

ConsLeadership sucks big promises never come through with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you will and treat people with respect.

R.R. Donnelley Brazil is loosing his hands

ProsBalance beetwen life and career (Brazil)

ConsAlmost no benefits, the segment are getting worse and worse, the Board of Directors are more interested in her own benefits than promote changes, managers and directors that hire relatives and friend with few knowledgement in the job.

Declining Morale

ProsMy wage is pretty good considering the industry is shrinking.

ConsManagement has become non existent. Those who care still work hard but others do not. Work week shrinking. Benefits are terrible. No more 401K match.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no comment because management is not listening anymore.

Heartless Management

Press Operator I (Current Employee)
    Warsaw, IN

ProsDescent Pay, Chance for days off

ConsFavoritism rules, 12 hour days

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove your personal feelings and make decisions that are best for the company. Do just promote based on who kisses your REARS the most. Need to promote on the persons ability not if you like the person or not. Learn to care about the person not just bodies.

XBRL

ProsI do not have anything positive to say

Conslow salary, long hours, bad management

Advice to Senior ManagementQuite

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at R.R. Donnelley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for R.R. Donnelley CEO Tom Quinlan III. All 396 reviews posted anonymously by R.R. Donnelley employees.