R.R. Donnelley

Be The First To
Add Photos

R.R. Donnelley President, CEO, and Director Tom Quinlan III

Tom Quinlan III

Pros
  • Work/life balance is very flexible and the office is very casual(in 10 reviews)

• needed a job the opportunity presented itself easy enough to learn good people that I(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • frequent rotational shifts disturbs our work life balance(in 14 reviews)

• Costly benefits, continue to downsize, no perks, ceased pension plan and no 401k Match(in 20 reviews)

Terrible benefits package, limited opportunities and management indifference toward employees

Technology Training (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking in the global outsourcing division gives you a good opportunity to work outside of RR Donnelley

ConsMedical Benefits are extremely expensive, no 401k match, stagnant environment with few opportunities to grow and no professional development opportunities. Pay raises, even for top performers, have been non-existent the past several years but health care costs have gone up dramatically.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and do something about the out of control health care costs. We are paying too much for a very poor medical plan. In addition, start rewarding top performers.

Not worth it!!

Laborer (Former Employee) Baraboo, WI

ProsThe only PROS of working for this company is meeting new people. There are a lot of people that work for this company that are working their behinds off to make a dollar or two to survive and there is some that are very interesting! Many cultures of people work for this company.

ConsThis company has MANY CONS! They are a global company that does not keep up with their buildings, machinery, upper management, safety precautions, quality, and soooooo much more! They do NOT treat their employees as equals. This company is only worried about making money and NOT the little man!! It seems that if they can get away with something/anything they will for as long as they can and if it brought to their attention they try to shove it under the rug!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGET NEW MANAGEMENT!!!

Not what you would think they should be.

Bindery Machine Operator (Former Employee) Bolingbrook, IL

ProsA big name global company.

ConsThis company only cares about their shareholders and not their employees. They never choose managers and supervisors with correct experience or background. They only hire their buddies so they can collect on a finders fee. This company is much to corrupt to consider if you have a career in your field. The managers and supervisors stay out of sight and do very little because they never have an answer or a solution and that is because of the lack of background and experience. RRD does not teach. If you are polished they can't use you or won't use you because they are very insecure. They rather point the finger and argue about nonsense then work as a team. This company will dummy down the most intelligent people. This company is always hiring. Usually they already have someone chosen but, they only go through the formality of posting the jobs.
    They do not promote internally because of lack of knowledge and experience in the next levels. This big company will and has become just a job. I know of some that have worked for this company over 25 years and have never been promoted to anything else other then what they started as, and they are paid like they are slight idiots and not employees of 25 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is only concerned about keeping their own jobs. They will never care about the company, team, moving ahead and progressing to a higher level. To much corruption all around. It will never stop until you clean house and correctly interview and correctly place your talent to the correct job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No career growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPoor leadership in my team which led demotivation

ConsWork life balance is really awesome

One of the worst professional experiences of my sales career

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsSome of the people within the inside sales division were very friendly and well knowledgeable for the industry they are in.

ConsSystems, procedures, policies, business practices, and everything in between was horribly disorganized. We were constantly told to quote lead times that were never going to get met, and asked to sell print jobs below margins just to get the sale. Commissions were never accurate. The insurance coverage offered was laughable at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart really listening to your employee's and customer's needs and then execute a plan to meet those needs. Stop basing all decision making of the fact that being the biggest makes you automatically the best. Strive to actually be the best.

Yuck. Yusk. Yuck.

Quality Control (Former Employee) Neenah, WI

ProsCan't think of any. Never a good moment in this hell-hole.

ConsToo many to list. Management sucks, bad pay, no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease quit and ley some other people try their luck

Dying Company in a Dying Field

Packing (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed my co-workers. That's it.

ConsSo many it's hard to remember them all. When I saw some reviews saying "it's a job" or "it's a pay check" I knew there had to be trouble. Shop floor managers are clueless, can't communicate to employees. The plant was so thinned out from cuts I'm surprised the lights were on. Equipment was breaking down and badly in need of replacing. Can't believe they are making rent receipts anymore. Does anyone really use these anymore, in this age of computers? They use temp agencies and abuse them worse than cattle.Pay was below average although work wasn't too hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that your industry is changing and dying in many respects. If you don't start to change your culture and strategic goals you'll be out of business within 10 years or less. You can't continue to buy other companies in hopes of making money.

Pressman

Press Technician II (Current Employee) Saint Charles, IL

ProsIt was a job that's about it

ConsLeadership sucks big promises never come through with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you will and treat people with respect.

R.R. Donnelley Brazil is loosing his hands

ProsBalance beetwen life and career (Brazil)

ConsAlmost no benefits, the segment are getting worse and worse, the Board of Directors are more interested in her own benefits than promote changes, managers and directors that hire relatives and friend with few knowledgement in the job.

Declining Morale

ProsMy wage is pretty good considering the industry is shrinking.

ConsManagement has become non existent. Those who care still work hard but others do not. Work week shrinking. Benefits are terrible. No more 401K match.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no comment because management is not listening anymore.

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!