R. W. Beck, Inc. Reviews

1. Good company, now part of SAIC Energy Environment and Infrastructure LLC

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at R. W. Beck, Inc. full-time

Pros

Good company with interesting work, supportive culture, excellent work/life balance

Cons

Pay could have been more competitive, and at times it was difficult to stay busy due to lack of projects coming in

2. Company was in transition after purchase.

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Federal Operations in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Federal Operations in Washington, DC

I worked at R. W. Beck, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The process for transitioning the company was dynamic and a great learning experience. People were true professionals who focused on the requirements necessary for the successful transition.

Cons

My personal growth was stymied due to the sale of the company. I do not believe it was intentional to withhold this communication this information but more timing since it was not a guarantee either way. Unfortunately, it was my first day of employment that I was told of the final decision. Thus my job description and growth potential changed drastically on day one.

3. Employee Review

Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at R. W. Beck, Inc.

Pros

I really enjoy the work I do, which aligns with my career objective. The innovative and challenging aspects of collaborating closely with clients to help them solve complex business and stakeholder issues is very fulfilling. Moreover, I really appreciate and value the people I work with. Working with colleagues who are incredibly intelligent and passionate about what they do brings me a great deal of satisfaction.

Cons

Lack of formal mentoring or training/leadreship programs to better support junior to mid-level employees reach their potential and achieve their career goals. While colleagues are very supportive and always available to assist or provide guidance on specific work related items, I believe that a formal program would not only enhance employee success but also build stronger relationships across the company, for example through the creation of an employee women resource group or annual training program.

Advice to Management

Since I joined R. W. Beck, the level of communication has decreased, and continues to decrease, significantly. Recommend enhancing communication to employees beyond e-mail communications.

5. Sorry it's gone -

I worked at R. W. Beck, Inc.

Pros

In hindsight, RW Beck was a very good company to work for, and they really seemed to care about their empoyees.

Cons

The downside in my experience was that they sold out to SAIC. I think that they should have continued to look for other alternatives than selling out to a 'big fish'.

Advice to Management

Well, since they really don't exist anymore, I really do not know what to write. Many of the long timers were let go, and many others that held the base knowlege have left for greener pastures.

6. Acquisition disaster

I have been working at R. W. Beck, Inc.

Pros

A lot of smart people

Cons

Low morale, lack of communication

Advice to Management

Communicate!

7. Needs better mangement

I have been working at R. W. Beck, Inc.

Pros

Competitive salaries; good business focus

Cons

Not strong on integrity; can't believe what is stated; group do not work well together - lots of internal conflicts

Advice to Management

Soliciate more feedback from staff in decision making; incroporate integrity in choicing management

8. The transition has changed the company entirely

I worked at R. W. Beck, Inc.

Pros

It used to be the people, and the overall atmosphere. Benefits were decent, and annual bonuses were given to all employees no matter what position level or title. It was a great place to work.

Cons

The transition to SAIC has been poorly handled and has caused a mass exodus of talent along with other talented people being laid off. It is no longer a good environment to work in.

Advice to Management

Good luck.