R2integrated Reviews

Matt Goddard

1. Marketing Intern

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Baltimore, MD

I worked at R2integrated part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at R2integrated was one of the best decisions I made in college. I learned so much here and how people should be treated in a professional setting. They are all very kind and helpful. I would recommend R2integrated to anyone!

Cons

I only worked at R2integrated for a few months but in those few months I can't think of a con. They were very helpful and enjoyable to work for.

2. Nice place to work

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Free snacks, food, cool location

Cons

unclear strategy, shifting targets, overambitious at times

A chosen few

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MD

I worked at R2integrated (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere. Great benefits. Younger staff.

Cons

Management tends to pick their favorites and they become the chosen ones. Looks matter.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to how your 2nd tier management treats their tertiary. You may have an eye opening experience. You have loyal people who do good work.

Great Environment, Great People, OK Opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at R2integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best office environments I've ever been a part of (Baltimore Office). Snacks and lunches make you feel taken care of. Wide variety of projects and clients. Relatively good life balance (Depends on position). Unlimited PTO policy is great especially for new workers. Smart and fun coworkers who will be your friends. Relaxed office policies. Well respected in the area and nationally. A good name to have on your resume.

Cons

Pay is low and there aren't many opportunities for advancement. I did not want to leave, but felt like my hand was forced in order to grow in my career. Response to overly demanding clients is highly variant and heavily based on project manager. Your experience with the company varies widely based on which team you're on.

Advice to Management

The culture is amazing for the majority of the company, but people aren't going to stick around if they feel like it's at the expense of their career. R2i is a great place with a great future, but retaining the amazing talent you attract is part of that.

Dec 18, 2014 – Director of HR

Thank you! It is always great to hear from a former employee who had a great experience. We do all that we can to cultivate growth at R2i. It is important to us that our employees are passionate ... More

Good climate.... year round!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

I love coming to a job where my ideas and creativity are not only welcome but embraced. R2i gives account managers the trust, respect, and resources to do their job well. Everyone works their hardest to make any situation (good or not so good) the best it can be. If you are motivated there is no way you cannot thrive in this fun-loving, super current enviornment.

Cons

Because the R2i management team give its employees the opportunity to run their own show you have to make sure manage your time effectively. This is an industry skill-set that you either have or you don't/

Advice to Management

Continue with the quartlerly reviews so we always know exactly where we stand with upper management and our clientelle.

Dec 18, 2014 – Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We genuinely listen to feedback, good and bad, and have tried many new things in 2014 based on that feedback. We are so glad that the quarterly ... More

7. This company is on the move and making things happen

I have been working at R2integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong leadership is driving decision making and pushing new ideas and collaboration. The overall energy level is high and you can see how its impacted the teams in a positive manner. Continued mix of hard work and fun blend the days together and the perks are still enjoyed by all. The client mix is growing and the size and complexity of the deliverables keeps us challenged. We have gotten more training and that is really been great.

Cons

Industry in general requires folks to be agile and shift a lot which can be tough at times. Juggling lots of clients and deliverables can be fun but stressful too.

Advice to Management

Keep going and growing the business.

Poor Seattle Leadership. Watch out for Fire Drills.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at R2integrated full-time

Pros

Classic loft agency office and some talented individuals. Some big complex projects.

Cons

Unbalanced focus on Microsoft deals. The Seattle R2i office doesn't feel connected to the Baltimore HQ. No Seattle strategy or areas of focus other than Microsoft. Many projects are operational in nature and not true marketing efforts.

Advice to Management

Stop being random. Stop focusing purely on Microsoft. Get some leadership training.

Sep 3, 2014 – Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback and advice to our Seattle leadership team. The Seattle office was born from our relationship with Microsoft and we are very proud of how we have cultivated that ... More

Great place to work! Mean people need not apply.

I have been working at R2integrated full-time

Pros

The people, the mentality, the environment, the pace. It's the fun floor in the building. Weekly lunch - It's nice to have to have someone order lunch for me once a week. Fruit/coffee/candy/munchy stocked kitchens. Encouragement, top down positive mentality, love of the company and desire to see it succeed, smiles and nice people who appreciate your efforts......

Cons

The drive. BTW - don't let my 4 out of 5 stars throw you, I don't give 5 stars :)

Advice to Management

Don't let the negative reviews from past employees get to you! From what I have seen, their attitude didn't fit with the culture, and they probably didn't have other work experience to draw from. I've seen the grass on the other side, it's turf! (Looks good but it ain't the real thing!)

A frat house posing as a digital agency

I have been working at R2integrated full-time

Pros

The office space itself and the wonderful people who work their. R2i is trying to be progressive in many areas.

Cons

This organization, though headed by a level headed young man, is essentially a frat house posing as a digital agency. And do not let their downtown Baltimore Inner Harbor location lead you to believe this agency is making a great deal of money and is the next Leo Burnett. I did some research and learned that the only reason they are in that office space is that the previous tenant, a newspaper, went out of business and R2integrated took advantage of their sad situation and took over the space. Job wise I can say the creative folks are a great bunch though they tend to stick to themselves. The account side-what a mangled disaster. Lets just say it is managed by a young man with entirely too much power and influence who pretends to be appreciative and knowledgeable. I have seen more people just up and be fired here than any agency I have ever been a part of. The drinking in the office has to stop. It is simply not professional and the managers know about it. The admin staff is fantastic. Tops to them. Do not expect much mentoring here. You will be presented with every project as a priority with little assistance from your managers. Long hours over the norm. You may work in the Baltimore Inner Harbor but you will spend more time overlooking it late into the night because you are working then enjoying it.

Advice to Management

See above.

Total shitshow

I have been working at R2integrated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of happy hours and random free outings, free food in the office, and sales people are good at their jobs so their is always cool work coming in the door.

Cons

General agency knowledge is irrationally low, no one has the faintest clue how to do digital marketing efficiently, people are very rude and territorial, and employees are paid horribly with no recognition of overtime or client wins.

Advice to Management

Teach your employees some kindness, get rid of the red tape and politics, and don't screw hard working employees on raises and well deserved bonuses because you "need money in the bank", or "just can't justify giving raises to anyone right now." Either treat your team with respect and proper compensation, or stop boasting about your 8 million per year in revenue. Which is it?

Jan 16, 2014 – Director of HR

We appreciate constructive criticism and candid feedback at r2i—and we welcome it—but disrespecting the organization, stating incorrect facts and making assumptions publicly is simply unprofessional ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed