R2integrated

Updated November 6, 2014
3.5

R2integrated CEO Matt Goddard
Matt Goddard

This company is on the move and making things happen

I have been working at R2integrated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong leadership is driving decision making and pushing new ideas and collaboration. The overall energy level is high and you can see how its impacted the teams in a positive manner. Continued mix of hard work and fun blend the days together and the perks are still enjoyed by all. The client mix is growing and the size and complexity of the deliverables keeps us challenged. We have gotten more training and that is really been great.

Cons

Industry in general requires folks to be agile and shift a lot which can be tough at times. Juggling lots of clients and deliverables can be fun but stressful too.

Keep going and growing the business.

Poor Seattle Leadership. Watch out for Fire Drills.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at R2integrated full-time

Pros

Classic loft agency office and some talented individuals. Some big complex projects.

Cons

Unbalanced focus on Microsoft deals. The Seattle R2i office doesn't feel connected to the Baltimore HQ. No Seattle strategy or areas of focus other than Microsoft. Many projects are operational in nature and not true marketing efforts.

Stop being random. Stop focusing purely on Microsoft. Get some leadership training.

R2integrated Response

Sep 3, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback and advice to our Seattle leadership team. The Seattle office was born from our relationship with Microsoft and we are very proud of how we have cultivated that ... More

Great place to work! Mean people need not apply.

I have been working at R2integrated full-time

Pros

The people, the mentality, the environment, the pace. It's the fun floor in the building. Weekly lunch - It's nice to have to have someone order lunch for me once a week. Fruit/coffee/candy/munchy stocked kitchens. Encouragement, top down positive mentality, love of the company and desire to see it succeed, smiles and nice people who appreciate your efforts......

Cons

The drive. BTW - don't let my 4 out of 5 stars throw you, I don't give 5 stars :)

Don't let the negative reviews from past employees get to you! From what I have seen, their attitude didn't fit with the culture, and they probably didn't have other work experience to draw from. I've seen the grass on the other side, it's turf! (Looks good but it ain't the real thing!)

A frat house posing as a digital agency

I have been working at R2integrated full-time

Pros

The office space itself and the wonderful people who work their. R2i is trying to be progressive in many areas.

Cons

This organization, though headed by a level headed young man, is essentially a frat house posing as a digital agency. And do not let their downtown Baltimore Inner Harbor location lead you to believe this agency is making a great deal of money and is the next Leo Burnett. I did some research and learned that the only reason they are in that office space is that the previous tenant, a newspaper, went out of business and R2integrated took advantage of their sad situation and took over the space.

Job wise I can say the creative folks are a great bunch though they tend to stick to themselves. The account side-what a mangled disaster. Lets just say it is managed by a young man with entirely too much power and influence who pretends to be appreciative and knowledgeable. I have seen more people just up and be fired here than any agency I have ever been a part of. The drinking in the office has to stop. It is simply not professional and the managers know about it. The admin staff is fantastic. Tops to them.

Do not expect much mentoring here. You will be presented with every project as a priority with little assistance from your managers. Long hours over the norm. You may work in the Baltimore Inner Harbor but you will spend more time overlooking it late into the night because you are working then enjoying it.

See above.

Total shitshow

I have been working at R2integrated full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of happy hours and random free outings, free food in the office, and sales people are good at their jobs so their is always cool work coming in the door.

Cons

General agency knowledge is irrationally low, no one has the faintest clue how to do digital marketing efficiently, people are very rude and territorial, and employees are paid horribly with no recognition of overtime or client wins.

Teach your employees some kindness, get rid of the red tape and politics, and don't screw hard working employees on raises and well deserved bonuses because you "need money in the bank", or "just can't justify giving raises to anyone right now." Either treat your team with respect and proper compensation, or stop boasting about your 8 million per year in revenue. Which is it?

R2integrated Response

Jan 16, 2014Director of HR

We appreciate constructive criticism and candid feedback at r2i—and we welcome it—but disrespecting the organization, stating incorrect facts and making assumptions publicly is simply unprofessional ... More

Great place to learn & grow if you like to be part of a fast-paced environment

Current Employee - Senior Designer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Designer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at R2integrated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of exciting projects and you are surrounded by team members whom really want to do great things. r2i has some high profile clients and gives me the flexibility to try things and then try again if needed. Its always busy and lots of things to learn, which I really like. They offer great benefits and try to keep things fun and exciting when they can.

Cons

It's fast paced, which is great for me but not for everyone. You have to know how to juggle and manage your time well, but that seems to be part of agency life.

keep going, get more exciting projects and allow your teams to step up to the plate.

Best "Little-Big" Agency in town

I have been working at R2integrated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

R2i is growing & doing amazing work which represents future career growth opportunities for employees but it still can keep a smaller company feel if you find your groove within the various teams & projects. You can be heard by management. It is my experience that when you have a challenge, things are best received when you present things in a positive & solutions-oriented manner.

Cons

Growing pains in some departments because of re-structuring in some groups

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep caring about what we do & where we are going. It is okay to mess up sometimes, we all do.

Excellent Summer Internship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at R2integrated as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers who care about their work and strive to make great things. Many interesting clients and a wide variety of work being done. Excellent opportunities available to an intern if you step up to the plate. Plenty of social activities for employees and little perks around the office.

Cons

Sometimes communication within projects is an issue for an intern.

Keep interns in the loop on projects that they are part of, from the beginning. Cc'ed on emails, present for meetings & for critiques of their work. It is immensely helpful to know what is going on with a project, both to be a better contributor and to learn more about the process.

Awesome people

I worked at R2integrated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It felt like a family. Lots of bonding events. Spoiled by food, drinks, casual atmosphere, healthcare benefits.
    Lot of fun and challenging projects. Company tries to diversify client industry. Lot of talented and smart workers. HR handbook was created so things seemed more fair as they used it. Office politics didn't affect my work.

Cons

Company expands but seems to have little room career growth for most. Bonus was a rare thing for the years I worked there tho it might have changed. Heard of overtime pay but doesn't apply to everyone.

Profit sharing is important. Reward the hard work before they leave. Hire the right people with more cautions. Consider career development path for those who grow in the company.

Ice Cream Shows We Care

Former Employee - Web Developer in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Baltimore, MD

I worked at R2integrated full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Mostly Excellent Middle Management
    - Team leads were very knowledgeable, always willing to help
    - Production managers were very flexible about adjusting schedules/priorities to meet deadlines

Cool Office
    - The office in Canton was vibrant and I hear the new one in the Inner Harbor is slick as all get-out

Great Coworkers
    - Coworkers were generally happy people, great to socialize with.

High-Profile Work
    - Whether you were a designer or a developer you got to add some great sites to your portfolio.

Cons

Divided Loyalties
    - r2i is 2 separate companies trying to be one. The web design and development "agency" half of the business not always treated equally to the more esteemed "marketing" half of the business.

Low Pay
    - Entry level position pay about market rate but the raises are a joke.

Obvious Management Deceptions
    - Bi-annual parties and paid trips to the ice cream parlor meant to distract you from working conditions, pay and cutting back of bonuses despite CEO bragging about record profits.

Pointless Company Meetings
    - Every couple of months the entire company gathers in a ball room so that executives can self-fellate their egos before a live audience. Meetings often had no point or meaning to peon-level employees (other than the following party).

High Employee Turnover
    - Watch your coworkers come and go...

Flat Company Structure
    - Little to no room for advancement.
    - More like a digital assembly line/factory job than a career.
    - Top-heavy management hires too many executive level positions; obviously hiring them for their connections than any of their actual skills or abilities.

Summary:
    Ever wonder where the term "human resources" comes from? Places like this. You're not an employee, you're a commodity; capitalism at its finest. It's not hell by any stretch, but it's no place for any workers with ambition.

None. What you're doing is clearly making a lot of money for you and the company grows exponentially despite the high turn-over. If the finances are as stable as you claim they are, why would you change?