RAC Acceptance Reviews

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

2.1

CEO

Pros
  • 44 hours a week & good pay and weekly pay (in 19 reviews)

• Liked working for the Host store and there employees and management above RAC's (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No Work/Life balance, mandatory Weekends, long hours (in 17 reviews)

• Let's start with Work/Life Balance (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Decently Boring

Former Employee - Sales Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at RAC Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay and good people

Cons

Long hours way to long 9am till 10pm and if you find your self in a slow store its super boring.

Shorten the hours and staff might stick around or higher more people to adjust hours.

Overworked, underappreciated

Current Employee - Sales Assistant Manager  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at RAC Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has an incredible mission statement. As a whole, their values are good. The company gets a bad wrap, unfairly, sometimes. The cost of the program is actually less expensive than interest rates on credit cards.

Cons

DM requires way too much from the Managers, for the pay. There is absolutely no time for family.

Provide enough employees to give each employee work-life balance and increase the pay more than 25 cents. Everyone works the overtime because it is required and it is the only way one can barely survive in this economy. There is more money wasted on the hiring process of new employees (revolving door) and if they would invest in the current employees, they would save a fortune!

Also, way-way too much money spent on unnecessary office supplies... printers, ink, paper... step up into the NOW...invest in technology where you can email a customer their copy of the contract. All contracts should be digitally kept and signed.

Finally, management should try thanking employees for all of the hard work and devoted hours instead of talking down to them.

Advice to Corporate: Make DM's actually operate a store for a solid 3 to 6 months before they are actually promoted to DM, from 10a-9p, 6 days a week, by themselves -as we have all had to do at one time or another - and take care of all the challenges that are not in the SOP. They may actually learn how to structure and balance in the real life instead of textbook scenario. The company loses so much money because some of the DM's really are not qualified for their job.

Great Comapny

Current Employee - FSC  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - FSC in Plano, TX

I have been working at RAC Acceptance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fast growing Company offering rapid career advancement

Cons

I can't think of any

Keep growing the buisness

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not my cup of tea

I have been working at RAC Acceptance

Pros

You get plenty of hours. Even as a basic sales associate I got 44hr a week. At $11 an hour paid weekly, that was nice.

Cons

We charge people 3 times the amount they were going to pay for an item. Then call them twice a day, plus their references, their job, and their landlord, when they are late on their payment. I understand this is a high risk business, but the nature of what we're doing definitely questions your morality.

Management actually did a fine job in my case.

store manager

Current Employee - Rac Store Manager  in  La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Rac Store Manager in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at RAC Acceptance full-time for less than a year

Pros

good advancements, good pay, travel pay

Cons

poor management training, poor hours

stick with it!

Very uncaring Company

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - District Manager in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at RAC Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Way too many to list

If you don't mind being 100% committed, even on your days off.

I have been working at RAC Acceptance

Pros

Decent pay, decent insurance, full time hours, weekly pay

Cons

Where do I begin? Working 50 hours including most nights and weekends makes it impossible to have a life. Have a family? Don't plan to see them again.
    As a sales manager, you have to literally be available constantly. Your DM will call you on your day off and if your employee calls off, you have no choice but to come in. Had plans? Too bad.
    We had mandatory conference calls and we were required to be on those even if it was a day off. Unpaid. On your personal cell phone.
    If your assistant quits, be prepared to suffer. I have worked almost 2 months 6-7 days a week and with no additional compensation. You are not allowed to go over your 50 hours.
    Be prepared to be threatened and harassed by your DM if you don't meet your goals. They will ask you to market but provide you with minimal and mostly out of date marketing materials.
    Policies will change often and training on them will be minimal or nonexistent. If you can't figure it out on your own, you will be talked down to if you ask your DM for help. With minimal training, It is still your fault if you don't succeed.

Pay your managers better and give them a 40 hour week. 50 hours a week is too much. People with families and children have to choose between a job or being able to spend time together.
    Work out realistic coverage for stores. If someone is sick or calls out, there needs to be someone else available to come cover so you aren't forcing someone to give up the (little) time off they have.
    Train better. Train consistently. Have upper managers who work with you, not talk down and belittle people.

Stuck in the Dark Ages

I have been working at RAC Acceptance

Pros

Weekly pay, decent benefit package but not great, great co workers not upper management which is far below stellar

Cons

Too much of the " garbage rolls down hill " mentality with upper management. Horrible work hours, you just about have to work all your hours to get a decent paycheck, it's a vicious cycle.

It is time to live up to your company motto "To improve the quality of our co workers and customers" this has become a hypocritical statement. The workforce has changed and until you evolve any success you have experienced will be short lived. Take care of the people who make you profitable or conti ue with high turnover and continue to waste money

No life, extremely boring, but good pay.

I worked at RAC Acceptance

Pros

Full time assured, no need to fight for hours. There is no stress about things that need to be done at certain times because you have a lot of time. You can practically be on your cell phone all day. Ability to move in manager position but after that, very hard, must be willing to relocate.

Cons

No life, you are here most of the hours you are awake. Long hours of not doing anything are suffering. Collection calls are awkward.

Investigate thoroughly employee complaints. Care more than just numbers.

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at RAC Acceptance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not many, honestly, but I could mention the chance to get new merchandise from Rent a Center with nice discounts

Cons

Long hours of work... Collecting from people who are always behind and making calls every day to same people sucks... dealing with people who don´t care about credit is really annoying...

I´ve seen Sales Managers becoming District Managers really fast, but also, I´ve seen how fast District Managers have been fired really easy...

Worked for RAC Acceptance? Contribute to the Community!