RANDYS Worldwide Automotive

Updated January 24, 2015
Updated January 24, 2015
2.6

Kevin Kaestner

Pros
  • Great work life balance and good compensation (in 3 reviews)

• Fast paced environment where each & every employee makes a contribution to the business (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover in the Purchasing Department (in 3 reviews)

• I cannot believe how many sharp and willing people work for a company that has no trust in those who work for them (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast and easy

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The automotive industry needs cars to be made otherwise why are we here I mean we need cars right?

Cons

A lot of work has to be done in order to satisfy the customer otherwise a lot of people will be unhappy with the cars that are made from being something to nothing at 20 grand a month.

My experience has been good and as in most jobs I get what I put into it.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive

Pros

It is a growing company and I feel like I can make a difference. The products are top in the industry and the company is always pushing for more and ways to grow. I like that I have a chance to be part of a company that is always wanting more. The benefits are good for the size of company and the work hours are great. The team is strong and I can make a difference as much as I want.

Cons

Environment is stressful at times and I had heard a lot about the culture but must say I didn't find much of it to be true. I really like all of the people and how helpful they are.

Improve communication at all levels in the company

Worst experience ever!

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company has employee outings and tries to come off as a good place to work. Nice people to work with, at least on the outside.

Cons

As mentioned in other reviews, this company has very high turnover. They will let an employee go without any kind of warning or notice and without giving a reason. Office culture is HIGHLY immature. Many of the senior management walks around the office and cracks jokes all day and would occasionally do burnouts in front of the office building during work hours. There are senior management that lack formal higher education and management skills. Personal and professional growth is non-existent.

Get some formal management training. Really, truly look at why there is high turnover and ask yourself, is this normal? Do successful companies operated in the same manner? If you want to grow as a company, one of the things you have to do is to improve your management of employees. And if you only find this out by this review, then, there lies some of the issues.

Great products from a poorly managed dictatorship

Current Employee - Manager in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time

Pros

Premier, reboxed differential parts product on the market. Individual coworkers are good, down to earth friends.

Cons

Owner and President rule as absolute dictators. President sits in his throne and feels as though he is superior to all others. Other management is brought on to fill needed positions but have no real say or impact on company direction or growth. Your job is only as secure as their mood each day. Working in fear of your job security each day is not the way to run a company. Company growth is non-existent; unimaginable opportunities lost to competition.

Working in fear of your job security each day is not the way to run a progressive company; reason why you are not progressive.

Amazing

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive

Pros

This job will teach you how to perform under constant micromanagement as well as an in your face culture proud of its aggressive and confrontational style. Some great people, better than average pay.

Cons

I check on these reviews periodically and find it strange how "positive" reviews show up soon after negative reviews. If you are researching this company, read between the lines. If you need a job and take one at RANDYS, don't be shocked at the rumors you hear or the constant revolving door of employees.

None

My experience has been good. If a person wants to make a difference and speak up when they need something it is great

Current Employee - Various in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Various in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I am involved in many different things and I get to be part of a lot of things that I never got to be in a bigger company. The hours are great and most everyone is very helpful when I need it. It is fast paced and everyone expects improvements which is great. If not wanting to improve this is not the place for you. Too many people I read on these posts shouldn't be here and I could probably name most. Please find your place and learn from the situation and quit complaining about it.

Cons

Hard to keep up sometimes and priorities need to be clearer at times.

Be clear on expectations, and consider annual reviews.

Never a dull moment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Randy's is not for everyone, but if you don't oversell yourself, are confident in your abilities, and aren't afraid to continue to learn and ask questions, you will succeed. Randy's started as a small company where every detail was critical, and that focus hasn't been lost with continued growth. Employees coming from a "big company" environment probably won't like what they feel is a micro-management culture, but anyone who was succeeded in any entrepreneurially driven company will also make it here. It's a lean team, we do a lot with a little, and you need to earn the confidence that you're on top of your game.

Cons

A lot of energy is lost chasing "bright shiny objects"!

Continue to manage the transition from small to medium to bigger company and things will go well!

Hell on Earth

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time

Pros

Not many. A few kind people - especially in the warehouse.

Cons

A culture of fear. Horrible work environment. Lack of communication. No trust. Big egos. Micromanagement. Favoritism. Huge turnover. Anal owner. No cost of living wage increases. No yearly salary increases.

Don't micromanage your employees. Don't lie to your employees. How about showing some appreciation? Don't just gather everyone together once a month to say how good the company is doing and that we appreciate all your efforts - rather, thank them everyday - face to face - individually.

Great Team & Collaborative Work Environment!

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great People Throughout the Whole Company
    Company Respects Work/Family Life Balance
    Driven Company
    Quality Service & Products
    Employee input IS encouraged and frequently used on decision making
    Great Benefits, 401k with match, holiday, vacation, medical/dental premiums
    I enjoy coming to work.

Cons

High turnover is just in 2 roles; that being said, there are numerous people that have been here many many years.
    If you have a hard time being monitored and take offense to having to provide status updates this is not the environment for you.

More positive feedback and rah rahs....
    Compensation review for hourly associates.

The most dysfunctional, unhealthy work environment.

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They pay well. Free donuts or bagels on Fridays.

Cons

There was not one person who on a daily basis did not fear that they may lose their job. Considering how small the company is, the inability for departments to work together or help each other out was unreal. I have heard Randy is gone, but he rules/ruled with an iron fist, all of his reports followed suit.

Never leave, continue to marinate in your horrible work environment and hope that no else has to deal with you.

RANDYS Worldwide Automotive Photos