RANDYS Worldwide Automotive Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Kevin Kaestner

Pros
  • It is fast paced and everyone expects improvements which is great (in 4 reviews)

• Great People Throughout the Whole Company (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover in the Purchasing Department (in 3 reviews)

• When people begin to walk around having their tales tucked between the legs saying "Randy this, (in 9 reviews)

It’s not for everyone

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time

Pros

You can read all the negative reviews, but to be honest most of these people that were let go oversold themselves. Randy’s isn’t for the meek or timid. We work hard, fast, and expect results. I for one, find this to be the best job I’ve ever had. There are no pay check collectors here, everyone pulls their own weight. I’ve spent years at other companies that protect their weak link employees and ask everyone to pick up their slack. I applaud the management at Randy’s for keeping it lean and cutting out the weak links. What you are left with are staff of hard working employees that are dedicated to the mission. I love what I do, I appreciate the team that I work with, and I’m challenged every day.

Cons

It’s a growing company. You’re going to have growing pains. There’s not going to be a work instruction for every function of your job. And if you need your hand held through your entire job, you won’t get that here.

Advice to Management

Communicate more often where you’re taking us. If we’re to stay on board, we should at least know where we’re going.

2. Unbelievable

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager

Pros

None that I could think of beyond the first day.

Cons

Leadership aka "The Randy" is a piece of work. New person every day or every afternoon. Every HR person in the area has had a tour of Randy....there are so many adjectives to describe the style and persona - not enough room here to list them. Start with you Psyc book and go forward

Advice to Management

Get hep.

Don't Listen to Executive-Sponsored Propaganda

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great peers and some free snacks on Fridays.

Cons

Company execs (ie. owner and president) are the only people who would put positive reviews on Glassdoor. This company is a horrible at leading employees and providing a solid employment experience. Employees are not valued or appreciated. In my department of 9 people, over the last 12 months, six have been fired and their positions partially back-filled. The company has a high profit margin because it has had a slightly better vision than the other redneck competition (in the truck differential part market), so the owner and president have the 'luxury' to treat people like pons and garbage. But this company is quite famous in the Puget Sound region to be horribly managed. Don't leave your job, even a bad job, to come here. Only if you need some money, short term, should you apply. This has been, by far, my worst employment experience in 20 years.

Advice to Management

Hopeless.

WORST Place EVER!

Former Employee - Office Position in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Office Position in Everett, WA

Pros

Free coffee and donuts on Friday

Cons

There are not many pros to working here. Upper management are uneducated country bumkins. The president is quite hostile, and tries to play it off as if he's just teasing or playing around (he even thinks he is funny) when in reality he can dish it out, but does not handle any sort of rebuttle. The other amin staff are immature and have no knowledge in using technology with any sort of skill. During the interview, they make it seems like am exciting place to work, when in reality, they suck your soul out. They have no training and lack the know how to do so. If you have a desire to grow and want to take on challenges, this is not the place for you. There is absolutely no communication in the office and they get rid of people left and right. The hoops they make you jump through just to get hired are not work it, even if you just want to work there for a short time. Is you are lookingfor an admin position, please don't waste your time. There are great recruiters who will find you a great company and no which one's to stay away from...RANDYS

Advice to Management

Retire

6. Full Time

Current Employee - New Employee in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - New Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people overall. Very helpful group. I had read and heard stuff about Randys but decided to accept the position as the pay was good and the location great. I am not disappointed at all and the people have been great so far. It is a growing company and I see opportunities for improving and making more.

Cons

Need HR Mgr and the training could be more formalized.

Advice to Management

make sure there is good training for all new people as it is quite overwhelming to start in the company especially with so much going on.

Worst Job I have ever had

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in Everett, WA

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free water in the sales room. Fellow salesman are pretty nice for the most part.

Cons

Everything else. The owner leads by fear and fires people at a drop of a hat if he is having a bad day. the Managers will tell you anything you want to hear to your face then stab you in the back the second they can. The owner cut sales peoples pay by 25% one day because he thought they did not work hard enough for there money. No notice..nothing. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs.

Advice to Management

Maybe try and build your employees up rather than beat them in to submission. Try leading by example not by threat of termination..

The reason there is no HR Manager...

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Everett, WA

Pros

Possibly the donuts on Friday?

Cons

The reason there is no HR Manager is no self respecting HR Professional in their right mind would put up with the borderline illegal expectations of Randy. I speak from experience as one of many who have left...

9. Fast and easy

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The automotive industry needs cars to be made otherwise why are we here I mean we need cars right?

Cons

A lot of work has to be done in order to satisfy the customer otherwise a lot of people will be unhappy with the cars that are made from being something to nothing at 20 grand a month.

Worst experience ever!

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has employee outings and tries to come off as a good place to work. Nice people to work with, at least on the outside.

Cons

As mentioned in other reviews, this company has very high turnover. They will let an employee go without any kind of warning or notice and without giving a reason. Office culture is HIGHLY immature. Many of the senior management walks around the office and cracks jokes all day and would occasionally do burnouts in front of the office building during work hours. There are senior management that lack formal higher education and management skills. Personal and professional growth is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Get some formal management training. Really, truly look at why there is high turnover and ask yourself, is this normal? Do successful companies operated in the same manner? If you want to grow as a company, one of the things you have to do is to improve your management of employees. And if you only find this out by this review, then, there lies some of the issues.

Great products from a poorly managed dictatorship

Current Employee - Manager in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time

Pros

Premier, reboxed differential parts product on the market. Individual coworkers are good, down to earth friends.

Cons

Owner and President rule as absolute dictators. President sits in his throne and feels as though he is superior to all others. Other management is brought on to fill needed positions but have no real say or impact on company direction or growth. Your job is only as secure as their mood each day. Working in fear of your job security each day is not the way to run a company. Company growth is non-existent; unimaginable opportunities lost to competition.

Advice to Management

Working in fear of your job security each day is not the way to run a progressive company; reason why you are not progressive.

RSS Feed </> Embed