RANDYS Worldwide Automotive

Updated October 10, 2014
Updated October 10, 2014
2.7

Kevin Kaestner

My experience has been good. If a person wants to make a difference and speak up when they need something it is great

Current Employee - Various in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Various in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am involved in many different things and I get to be part of a lot of things that I never got to be in a bigger company. The hours are great and most everyone is very helpful when I need it. It is fast paced and everyone expects improvements which is great. If not wanting to improve this is not the place for you. Too many people I read on these posts shouldn't be here and I could probably name most. Please find your place and learn from the situation and quit complaining about it.

Cons

Hard to keep up sometimes and priorities need to be clearer at times.

Be clear on expectations, and consider annual reviews.

Never a dull moment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Randy's is not for everyone, but if you don't oversell yourself, are confident in your abilities, and aren't afraid to continue to learn and ask questions, you will succeed. Randy's started as a small company where every detail was critical, and that focus hasn't been lost with continued growth. Employees coming from a "big company" environment probably won't like what they feel is a micro-management culture, but anyone who was succeeded in any entrepreneurially driven company will also make it here. It's a lean team, we do a lot with a little, and you need to earn the confidence that you're on top of your game.

Cons

A lot of energy is lost chasing "bright shiny objects"!

Continue to manage the transition from small to medium to bigger company and things will go well!

Hell on Earth

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time

Pros

Not many. A few kind people - especially in the warehouse.

Cons

A culture of fear. Horrible work environment. Lack of communication. No trust. Big egos. Micromanagement. Favoritism. Huge turnover. Anal owner. No cost of living wage increases. No yearly salary increases.

Don't micromanage your employees. Don't lie to your employees. How about showing some appreciation? Don't just gather everyone together once a month to say how good the company is doing and that we appreciate all your efforts - rather, thank them everyday - face to face - individually.

The pace is fast and sometimes overwhelming but everyone is willing to help if you ask. good people work here.

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in Everett, WA

Pros

It can be a tough work environment for sure, but if you like to be involved it is a great place. and if you need help I have found everyone at every level willing to help. good balance for personal stuff. pay is good.

Cons

sometimes feel like people are too busy to help and if not ok speaking up not a place to be. training could improve in the first month or two.

look at training in all depts. and talk to recently hired people in the past year to see what worked and what would help more.

Great Team & Collaborative Work Environment!

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great People Throughout the Whole Company
    Company Respects Work/Family Life Balance
    Driven Company
    Quality Service & Products
    Employee input IS encouraged and frequently used on decision making
    Great Benefits, 401k with match, holiday, vacation, medical/dental premiums
    I enjoy coming to work.

Cons

High turnover is just in 2 roles; that being said, there are numerous people that have been here many many years.
    If you have a hard time being monitored and take offense to having to provide status updates this is not the environment for you.

More positive feedback and rah rahs....
    Compensation review for hourly associates.

The most dysfunctional, unhealthy work environment.

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay well. Free donuts or bagels on Fridays.

Cons

There was not one person who on a daily basis did not fear that they may lose their job. Considering how small the company is, the inability for departments to work together or help each other out was unreal. I have heard Randy is gone, but he rules/ruled with an iron fist, all of his reports followed suit.

Never leave, continue to marinate in your horrible work environment and hope that no else has to deal with you.

Fast paced continually growing company!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Everett, WA

Pros

I continue to learn more about our business and the sales process every day. The training I went through was intense. I had to learn a lot of technical information about differentials in a short amount of time. (Not a problem since I am very mechanically inclined.) Once I got the basics I was quickly transitioned to phones. I had some prior sales experience, but this was much different and much more professional. We have a great CRM tool and all of the needed technical info we need. The senior reps are very helpful when I have questions. You need to have a serious sense of urgency to be successful within our organization since a lot is expected of us. Most of the people are very nice and approachable. Even the President of the company along with the sales managers are willing to make calls with me if I need addition help landing a prospect. The company is growing very fast and we have very aggressive growth goals. The neat part is they are actually obtainable and it appears a lot of work goes into the goals to make them realistic. I am not sure why there are some negative reviews. I guess it is because you cannot have an "out of sight out of mind" type attitude. Management makes if very clear that they want the best employees so we can dominate our market. I truly enjoy my job and look forward to many more years.
    Also, great benefits, 401K, and you can even buy into the company.

Cons

They company needs to hire more sales reps. Sometimes it is hard to get time off due to not enough people to cover the call volume.

More updates about the long term goals of the organization. The monthly meetings are awesome, maybe spend a little more time or do something like a newsletter. I know what is going on in sales, but it would be nice to know what is going on in all of the departments.

I’m proud to work at Randy’s and look forward to a long career.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Everett, WA

Pros

Randy's is a fast paced, fun environment where time flies by and the people are great. The compensation / benefits packages are outstanding and the hours couldn't be better. I've been in sales for 17 years and it is refreshing to represent a company that always puts the customer first and sets the benchmark when it comes to manufacturing a quality product. Management holds the team to a very high standard but the lines of communication are always open and new ideas are encouraged and considered.

Cons

I don't see anything negative about Randy's. Many of the employees have been here for many years and look forward to being here for many more. Unfortunately, there are some bad reviews from individuals that didn’t understand how fast pace the job was and how important it is to be able to manage your time and work on multiple projects. With so much growth in the last few years, things happen very quickly here and if you don’t ASK FOR HELP when you get behind, the job could become very frustrating.

I would re-evaluate the current hiring process and begin to recruit differently and potentially find candidates outside of the automotive industry. With proper training and better hiring decisions, these new hires could learn the business and bring positive energy and experience to the team.

Dynamic, Challenging and Never Boring.

I have been working at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time

Pros

There is always something interesting to do. After many years I still look forward to going to work everyday. The people are wonderful and the job is fun. Management has always been supportive of me and has listened to my input.

Cons

Not a con per se however we run lean teams with lots to do. It is a dynamic constantly changing environment and you will succeed only if you are adaptable and understanding when company priorities change.

Was excited for about one week then it went down hill.

Former Employee - In the Purchasing Department in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - In the Purchasing Department in Everett, WA

I worked at RANDYS Worldwide Automotive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Monthly employee meetings
    Bagels or donuts on Fridays
    Holidays off

Cons

Micro-management.
    Keeps you in the dark.
    Will let you go without warning or any reason.
    High turnover in the Purchasing Department.
    High school attitude in upper management
    At times extremely unprofessional

Acknowledgement, communication, compensation for a job well done over time, better benefits, office culture and cease on the office drama.

RANDYS Worldwide Automotive Photos