RAPP

Alexei Orlov

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Bright, Dedicated People

New York, NY

ProsThe people who work at RAPP are top tier- they are committed to excellence and play comfortably at the top of the game.

ConsCompensation could be better; There is the occational struggle to get resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the rank and file - they will suprise you with their accumen and understanding.

Don't join Analytics or Technology jobs. Or, if you love to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork life balance
    Less stress

ConsThere is nothing to do at this company that is serious about investing in technology or analytics. Its a joke at how they run this shop. They have no idea and all good people who have joined it were smart enough to leave it. As long as you please the senior management and their ancient methods, you are fine. All the talk about time sheet is ridiculous. Do not join it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of people who have been sitting at the top for years and the teams have been leaving. You have to hire people who truly understand smart methods and how they work. Not what they used to do 30 years ago and expects young smart analysts to follow it.

"What do we do?"

Account (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsCan occasionally be involved in some very smart work.

ConsWrong people get recognized and rewarded; the best employees are ignored or leave. Results in constant turnover on many accounts (in most departments).
    Agency is struggling for an identify -- Rapp Collins was known as a direct marketing agency. Rapp is known as....???

Advice to Senior ManagementNobody at the agency is happy. It stems from the top - where people are more concerned with trying to keep their jobs than improving the agency's glaring issues. Morale is non-existent.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lack of Leadership, Loves Shiny Things

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsSome truly wonderful coworkers help make long hours and horrible clients more bearable.

ConsTerrible leadership, aside from Creative. Unwilling to ever say "no" to a client, so they walk all over the agency.

Your typical mediocre over promising, under delivering Ad Agency

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Pros- Their attempts at fostering a good work culture is appreciated. They offer plenty after work and work related gatherings.
    - The people, they are smart, focused and talented.
    - Christmas bonuses aren't much but a nice gesture

Cons- No room for growth
    - Lack of communication with senior management and supporting staff
    - Very "clique" type of environment and if your not part of the "in" crowd, your days are numbered.

Wait! Why is everyone leaving, taking time off, or over-worked?

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWork in a fast pace environment with a lot of passionate creative people who are good (if not great) at what they do.

ConsI have been here for more than a month and it is absolutely the least accountable and friendliest group I have ever met. Communication is non-existent, each dept has a different idea on what to do next and how to do it. Strategy consists of throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. Senior leadership is not invested in the success of their employees. The running joke is "who works a 50hr work week? Try 60!"

Advice to Senior Managementtake advice from your millennial s that you dismiss so readily, they may be your boss one day.

Best internship experience ever!

Intern (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsComing in as an intern the people were really welcoming and friendly. This made it easier to learn the company culture and adapt. The level of trust and work they gave me was far greater than I ever expected for being an intern. I had an impressive supervisor who trusted me with a lot of responsibility and taught me so much throughout my time there.

ConsMy time at RAPP was short - only about 3 months - so I don't have anything negative to say. I loved it!

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more effort into branding the RAPP name as much as you help brand your clients.

Don't Knock It Til You've Tried It

Planner (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsTakes care of employees and agency culture. Breakfast bagels and fruits in the morning, cereal and coffee / tea / milk 24 hrs a day. They take the time to do plenty of holiday celebrations and company activities. Work is not the most exciting or the best at times, but they at least have decent computers and a budget to do things like print in color (yes, there are some agencies that can't even afford that). There are great people in that agency even though there are far and few in between.

ConsThe work is sometimes boring, and the clients aren't exactly 'sexy'. The agency has changed for the better though. Hopefully they'll continue winning some new business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to mold junior employees instead of just handing off assignments.

Smart Folks - Good Company

New York, NY

ProsStability at Leadership roles; Old school Advertising ethos (in the best way); Smart, collaborative colleagues; Strong Desire to get it Done and Done right, every time.

ConsNeed a new win or two.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through, Stay connected with your Team.

Rapp

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLike everywhere else, there're 2 groups. First group, the workers, who making things happen, are a talented, hardworking bunch, genuinely nice too. They're the ones who keep things afloat.

ConsThen, there's the entrenched management, who makes, well, speeches, with many buzz words. This bunch is prone to swift, sweeping changes with little thought on consequences.

Worked for RAPP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RAPP reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RAPP CEO Alexei Orlov. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by RAPP employees.