RAPP Reviews

144 reviews filtered by
3.5
RAPP Global CEO Alexei Orlov
Alexei Orlov

Pros
  • This agency seems to respect a work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• There are great people in that agency even though there are far and few in between (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no support for executional excellence (in 3 reviews)

• We have a leadership team, executive team and 2 managing directors but yet this place is still a complete mess (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

A great time to be at RAPP

I have been working at RAPP full-time

Pros

There's new leadership and new energy, and a very real sense that great things are coming. We've got an incredibly smart and talented group of people, and the opportunity to do great work for some of the world's top brands. I've been at RAPP for several years and have never been this excited about where we're headed.

Cons

I'd love to see RAPP do a better job celebrating our work and our people. There are some real 'hidden gems' here who, unfortunately, do not get properly recognized for all they do.

Advice to Management

More open and frequent communication about our direction and our progress.

2. A place of new thinking

Former Employee - Gad in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Gad in New York, NY

I worked at RAPP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ground breaking new thinking . A new MD who is miles better than anyone we have had before.

Cons

We are still getting over the effects of poor leadership

Advice to Management

Keep cleaning out the idiots

3. Account services

Current Employee - Account Services in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at RAPP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With a recent change of leadership and a new foundational identity and vision, there are no limits to what RAPP can achieve. RAPP is progressive, intelligent and fun. After working at 4 other top agencies throughout my career, I'm proud and thankful that I'm now part of the RAPP team.

Cons

There will always be challenges, but that's why they call it a job.

5. A company that has been great in the past and can be again - with the right leadership.

I worked at RAPP full-time

Pros

I worked with some really amazing people at RAPP; they were fun, focused and truly loved what we did there. The clients we worked for saw that drive and excitement from our teams and responded with more work and partnership.

Cons

The last few years at RAPP found the company struggling to find a new identity. We became too generalized and tried to be everything to everyone versus focusing on what we did best. That resulted in taking on projects that we really couldn't deliver on - or we did deliver, but at a cost which resulted in low or negative profitability. We started losing really good people to companies that had better focus and a clear plan for the future.

Advice to Management

Take the SMART goals approach we used in personnel reviews and apply it to your plan for the future. Share that focused goal with the company, without the buzz words, and then take advantage of the amazing people you hire to help you establish a plan to get there. And then stay focused. Don't let anything distract you from your goal and your plan to get there. Do this, and RAPP will succeed.

6. Great place to learn, grow and connect

Current Employee - Planning in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Planning in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RAPP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly smart company with sharp people and real innovation. I haven't learned so much since i was in college. It helps that there are real growth opportunities and a great culture. Finally an agency that walks the talk.

Cons

Small, nimble team working across everything so you really need to hit the floor running, stretch and be agile.

Advice to Management

There's great people in the company at all levels and a lot of enthusiasm. Keep up the energy, maintain the pace, leverage momentum and move quickly from theory to implementation.

7. I don't even feel like I'm going to work every morning!

I have been working at RAPP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Such a fun environment with lively people! Dogs in the office, free breakfast on Wednesdays, beer/liquor Fridays...what more could you want?? New CEO really inspires us to get RAPP to the top!

Cons

Finally got a clear direction of where the company is heading, so I don't really have a con! Join the team now and enjoy the ride up!

Advice to Management

Be clear with intentions of each employee's future at RAPP and make sure to follow suit.

8. It's a new RAPP

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at RAPP full-time

Pros

Forget what you think you know about RAPP. I've been here for years and after today's meeting I feel like I just got a job at the hot new agency. It's a re-branded RAPP with a brand new plan. Stay tuned.

Cons

RAPP has had some ups and downs and it's not perfect. What is? It offers some of the frustrations you'll find in any big shop - sometimes long hours, short deadlines... but some good clients and more on the horizon.

9. Associate Director

I worked at RAPP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, very collaborative. Management is very open and willing to take risk. The agency is very good at telling the story. Great culture!

Cons

Strategy sometimes is confusing. Another problem is that there are resource conflicts and people are spread thin.

Advice to Management

Keep the ideas coming

10. Extra! Extra! There is a company out there who will value you!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RAPP (More than a year)

Pros

In an era seemingly defined by petty disloyalty and job-hopping for salary bumps (particularly in the world of advertising), RAPP is trying to become a beacon for those who will work hard and add value. A new administration is taking a fresh focus on growing and keeping new talent while intelligently hiring savvy and sage personnel for leadership roles who will ultimately bring it all together. To put it simply - If you work hard, work smart and are a good person, RAPP will reward you.

Cons

If you need extreme structure, this may not necessarily be the place for you. Do not expect to be told what to do all of the time and anticipate having to voluntarily showcase your talents in order to shine.

Advice to Management

Communication can sometimes be lacking between departments and the urgency to acquire new business can occasionally cloud better judgement in terms of setting client expectations. Incremental growth is key to a successful business so it behooves you to avoid developing an Ahab complex.

On a rapid decline

Former Employee - Vice President Level
    Former Employee - Vice President Level

I worked at RAPP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For those just starting out in advertising it can be an opportunity to get to work on some remaining big name clients, but use it as a resume builder and not as long-term stay. For seasoned professionals, don't fall for the hook that you can come in and make radical changes to enhance the business - you can't. Omnicom doesn't think that way and is still stuck in an old mindset of rewarding overpriced show ponies who ride on the backs of undervalued work horses. If you are an empty suit who likes to prance, get paid a lot for doing very little except stirring up politics, then this is definitely the place for you - but be warned, its like Survivor Island, as soon as you lose favor with the in crowd you will just as easily get voted off the island. The undervalued work horses who work 70+ hours a week are the ones with job security as a reward for having no life or recognition.

Cons

Unprofessional and unaccountable to client's performance metrics

Advice to Management

Advice should really be given to the parent company - clean house among your execs (including the new CEO). Clearly define this company's KPIs and business model in today's evolving market place (vs. the dying Mad Men model still in place), then rehire truly experienced professionals (vs. country club cronies)