RAPP

Updated February 25, 2015
3.3

RAPP Global CEO Alexei Orlov
Alexei Orlov

Pros
  • This agency seems to respect a work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• There are great people in that agency even though there are far and few in between (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no support for executional excellence (in 3 reviews)

• We have a leadership team, executive team and 2 managing directors but yet this place is still a complete mess (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

A great time to be at RAPP

I have been working at RAPP full-time

Pros

There's new leadership and new energy, and a very real sense that great things are coming. We've got an incredibly smart and talented group of people, and the opportunity to do great work for some of the world's top brands. I've been at RAPP for several years and have never been this excited about where we're headed.

Cons

I'd love to see RAPP do a better job celebrating our work and our people. There are some real 'hidden gems' here who, unfortunately, do not get properly recognized for all they do.

More open and frequent communication about our direction and our progress.

Extra! Extra! There is a company out there who will value you!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RAPP (more than a year)

Pros

In an era seemingly defined by petty disloyalty and job-hopping for salary bumps (particularly in the world of advertising), RAPP is trying to become a beacon for those who will work hard and add value. A new administration is taking a fresh focus on growing and keeping new talent while intelligently hiring savvy and sage personnel for leadership roles who will ultimately bring it all together. To put it simply - If you work hard, work smart and are a good person, RAPP will reward you.

Cons

If you need extreme structure, this may not necessarily be the place for you. Do not expect to be told what to do all of the time and anticipate having to voluntarily showcase your talents in order to shine.

Communication can sometimes be lacking between departments and the urgency to acquire new business can occasionally cloud better judgement in terms of setting client expectations. Incremental growth is key to a successful business so it behooves you to avoid developing an Ahab complex.

Leadership change and investment in new capabilities is changing the tonality of what the agency will be come.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at RAPP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Smart creative people who are doing really cool work for some huge name clients. Starting to look forwards at being more competitive across marketing landscape not just DM.

Cons

vacation is not great and need to support more training initiatives.

set up some boot camps for each capability, UX, Strategy, design, etc

RAPP Does Great Offline Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at RAPP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

RAPP is truly best in class when it comes to creating snail mail, brochures, DR print, etc. RAPP has always excelled in the offline space and should embrace and better leverage its heritage.

Cons

Stop trying to be all things to all people. One UX person does not make you a digital shop. One producer does not make you a TV shop. One experience planner does not make you a customer experience agency. One brand creative does not make you a brand shop. If you want to have a capability, then you need to truly invest in it.

And when you do invest in a capability, choose the right people which would help stop the extremely high turnover rate. Layoffs every quarter is not a way to run a business, and neither is a 4+ year pay freeze with no bonuses.

Exciting time to be at RAPP

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at RAPP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is an exciting time to be at RAPP. The new CEO and executive team have set the bar high for our growth and vision gong into 2015 which is creating new energy and optimism for the whole agency. The people and culture are great.

Cons

Communication between executives and teams could use improvement.

Create more accountability for executives to drive new business and thought leadership.

No communication, collaboration or teamwork.

I worked at RAPP (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some really great clients.
    Definite work/life balance.
    Flexible with schedule.
    Good location.
    The cereal cabinet and bagel Friday.

Cons

Every dept. thinks they are more important than the rest. Backstabbing and brown-nosing is comparable to what I've seen at other agencies.

Teams operate in analysis paralysis, so it takes forever to get anything accomplished.

Used to be great...not so much anymore.

Sounds cliche, but value your employees and model through your leadership. Break down the silos!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RAPP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are awesome. A lot of new technology to work with. Fun work environment. Hours are flexible.

Cons

Can get busy with a lot of work sometimes but it balances out.

The are great things on the horizon for RAPP Dallas.

I have been working at RAPP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a great culture at the RAPP Dallas office. We have a lot of very talented people who are doing great work and more importantly are supported by management. Good work/life balance

Cons

We need to do a better job with highlighting great work and celebrating new wins.

Dynamic, high-energy company

I have been working at RAPP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

RAPP has been one of the few companies that actually promoted work-life balance instead of just talking about. There is great team camaraderie, with individual teams working lean & yet with high results. The new leadership is is heading the company in a more positive direction with a much clearer set of goals.

Cons

At this time, I am sitting back and seeing what the new leadership will do. I have nothing to add here.

Amazing Intern Experience

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at RAPP as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I had hands on experience working on a specific account. I felt like I had actual responsibility within my team. Everybody was very accommodating and patient while I learned the ropes of agency life.

Cons

The intern project was not something that interested many of us and it took away from projects we were working on with our teams.