RAPP Reviews

142 reviews filtered by
3.4
RAPP Global CEO Alexei Orlov
Alexei Orlov

Pros
  • This agency seems to respect a work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• There are great people in that agency even though there are far and few in between (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no support for executional excellence (in 3 reviews)

• We have a leadership team, executive team and 2 managing directors but yet this place is still a complete mess (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

A great time to be at RAPP

I have been working at RAPP full-time

Pros

There's new leadership and new energy, and a very real sense that great things are coming. We've got an incredibly smart and talented group of people, and the opportunity to do great work for some of the world's top brands. I've been at RAPP for several years and have never been this excited about where we're headed.

Cons

I'd love to see RAPP do a better job celebrating our work and our people. There are some real 'hidden gems' here who, unfortunately, do not get properly recognized for all they do.

More open and frequent communication about our direction and our progress.

2. Great place to learn, grow and connect

Current Employee - Planning in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Planning in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RAPP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly smart company with sharp people and real innovation. I haven't learned so much since i was in college. It helps that there are real growth opportunities and a great culture. Finally an agency that walks the talk.

Cons

Small, nimble team working across everything so you really need to hit the floor running, stretch and be agile.

There's great people in the company at all levels and a lot of enthusiasm. Keep up the energy, maintain the pace, leverage momentum and move quickly from theory to implementation.

3. I don't even feel like I'm going to work every morning!

I have been working at RAPP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Such a fun environment with lively people! Dogs in the office, free breakfast on Wednesdays, beer/liquor Fridays...what more could you want?? New CEO really inspires us to get RAPP to the top!

Cons

Finally got a clear direction of where the company is heading, so I don't really have a con! Join the team now and enjoy the ride up!

Be clear with intentions of each employee's future at RAPP and make sure to follow suit.

5. An amazing company on the camp of true greatness

Former Employee - Cluent Services Director in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Cluent Services Director in Long Island City, NY

I worked at RAPP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great new senior management. People focussed. Finally a true brand expert leading us to excel as individuals and as a team.

Cons

It's not about cons, it's about all the challenges that lie ahead
    Some of the old senior management and their mates are still hanging around causing upset.

Fire the non performers quickly.

6. It's a new RAPP

I have been working at RAPP full-time

Pros

Forget what you think you know about RAPP. I've been here for years and after today's meeting I feel like I just got a job at the hot new agency. It's a re-branded RAPP with a brand new plan. Stay tuned.

Cons

RAPP has had some ups and downs and it's not perfect. What is? It offers some of the frustrations you'll find in any big shop - sometimes long hours, short deadlines... but some good clients and more on the horizon.

7. Associate Director

I worked at RAPP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people, very collaborative. Management is very open and willing to take risk. The agency is very good at telling the story. Great culture!

Cons

Strategy sometimes is confusing. Another problem is that there are resource conflicts and people are spread thin.

Keep the ideas coming

8. Extra! Extra! There is a company out there who will value you!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RAPP (more than a year)

Pros

In an era seemingly defined by petty disloyalty and job-hopping for salary bumps (particularly in the world of advertising), RAPP is trying to become a beacon for those who will work hard and add value. A new administration is taking a fresh focus on growing and keeping new talent while intelligently hiring savvy and sage personnel for leadership roles who will ultimately bring it all together. To put it simply - If you work hard, work smart and are a good person, RAPP will reward you.

Cons

If you need extreme structure, this may not necessarily be the place for you. Do not expect to be told what to do all of the time and anticipate having to voluntarily showcase your talents in order to shine.

Communication can sometimes be lacking between departments and the urgency to acquire new business can occasionally cloud better judgement in terms of setting client expectations. Incremental growth is key to a successful business so it behooves you to avoid developing an Ahab complex.

9. On a rapid decline

Former Employee - Vice President Level
    Former Employee - Vice President Level

I worked at RAPP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For those just starting out in advertising it can be an opportunity to get to work on some remaining big name clients, but use it as a resume builder and not as long-term stay. For seasoned professionals, don't fall for the hook that you can come in and make radical changes to enhance the business - you can't. Omnicom doesn't think that way and is still stuck in an old mindset of rewarding overpriced show ponies who ride on the backs of undervalued work horses. If you are an empty suit who likes to prance, get paid a lot for doing very little except stirring up politics, then this is definitely the place for you - but be warned, its like Survivor Island, as soon as you lose favor with the in crowd you will just as easily get voted off the island. The undervalued work horses who work 70+ hours a week are the ones with job security as a reward for having no life or recognition.

Cons

Unprofessional and unaccountable to client's performance metrics

Advice should really be given to the parent company - clean house among your execs (including the new CEO). Clearly define this company's KPIs and business model in today's evolving market place (vs. the dying Mad Men model still in place), then rehire truly experienced professionals (vs. country club cronies)

10. Leadership change and investment in new capabilities is changing the tonality of what the agency will be come.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at RAPP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Smart creative people who are doing really cool work for some huge name clients. Starting to look forwards at being more competitive across marketing landscape not just DM.

Cons

vacation is not great and need to support more training initiatives.

set up some boot camps for each capability, UX, Strategy, design, etc

11. No communication, collaboration or teamwork.

I worked at RAPP (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are some really great clients.
    Definite work/life balance.
    Flexible with schedule.
    Good location.
    The cereal cabinet and bagel Friday.

Cons

Every dept. thinks they are more important than the rest. Backstabbing and brown-nosing is comparable to what I've seen at other agencies.

Teams operate in analysis paralysis, so it takes forever to get anything accomplished.

Used to be great...not so much anymore.

Sounds cliche, but value your employees and model through your leadership. Break down the silos!