RAPP Reviews

Updated September 10, 2014
2.5

RAPP Global CEO Alexei Orlov
Alexei Orlov

Pros
  • This agency seems to respect a work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• There are great people in that agency even though there are far and few in between (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Overly top heavy and incapable of winning new business (in 4 reviews)

• Senior leadership is not invested in the success of their employees (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Dog and Pony Show

Former Employee - S&E  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - S&E in El Segundo, CA

I worked at RAPP full-time for more than a year

Pros

RAPP's management does a good job at presenting ideas and initiatives. Selling is certainly a strength of theirs. Most of the people seem to be nice on a personal level. Food is frequently served.

Cons

Everything else. Management has no clue as to how work should get done. Lots of talk from highly-paid people but very little action. Egos. People getting hired into leadership roles with little real experience prior to getting hired. There is also a lot of politics in the office across departments. Getting cooperation across the various disciplines is nearly impossible.

Earn some credibility by knowing your s*** then you will get respect from the staff.

Can't complain, but can't praise

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RAPP full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good work/life balance
    -Friendly working environment. Friendly people.
    -Easy to transfer between departments for those who are curious

Cons

-Extremely high turnover rate, especially amongst senior leadership
    -Low salaries
    -Not very much pride in work

Your typical mediocre over promising, under delivering Ad Agency

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at RAPP full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Their attempts at fostering a good work culture is appreciated. They offer plenty after work and work related gatherings.
    - The people, they are smart, focused and talented.
    - Christmas bonuses aren't much but a nice gesture

Cons

- No room for growth
    - Lack of communication with senior management and supporting staff
    - Very "clique" type of environment and if your not part of the "in" crowd, your days are numbered.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Creative Driven - Not Data

I have been working at RAPP

Pros

Cultural and Planning is great place to play

Cons

No inter team building, no channels , very very focused on billable hours

A place with great aspirations...but poor followthrough.

Former Employee - Copywriter  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Copywriter in Dallas, TX

I worked at RAPP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic people. The managers (all the way up to the top) took the time to really know you and care about.

Cons

We were pushed to concept and pitch a lot of amazing work, unfortunately I don't believe we had a leadership team that was brazen enough to sell the best ideas through—or push to drop the clients that weren't open to innovation.

Take more ownership. Too many hands in the pot from people in too many departments often tainted and compromised quality ideas.

Best internship experience ever!

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at RAPP as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Coming in as an intern the people were really welcoming and friendly. This made it easier to learn the company culture and adapt. The level of trust and work they gave me was far greater than I ever expected for being an intern. I had an impressive supervisor who trusted me with a lot of responsibility and taught me so much throughout my time there.

Cons

My time at RAPP was short - only about 3 months - so I don't have anything negative to say. I loved it!

Put more effort into branding the RAPP name as much as you help brand your clients.

Wait! Why is everyone leaving, taking time off, or over-worked?

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at RAPP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work in a fast pace environment with a lot of passionate creative people who are good (if not great) at what they do.

Cons

I have been here for more than a month and it is absolutely the least accountable and friendliest group I have ever met. Communication is non-existent, each dept has a different idea on what to do next and how to do it. Strategy consists of throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. Senior leadership is not invested in the success of their employees. The running joke is "who works a 50hr work week? Try 60!"

take advice from your millennial s that you dismiss so readily, they may be your boss one day.

A fun place to work at times, but lacks clear strategy, leadership, and ability to deliver on self-proclaimed expertise.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at RAPP full-time for more than a year

Pros

- For the most part the culture of the employees is young, fun, and healthy.
    - The office has a generally open and laid back feel.
    - There are some extremely talented and intelligent professionals working here, although they are mixed in with a greater majority that more often than not will take credit for their work.
    - They current have a few large clients that offer good experience at a high level.

Cons

- Leadership is more concerned with preserving egos and obtaining more personal influence in the company than it is with actually performing the most basic functions of their jobs. Too many cooks in the kitchen.
    - The pay is generally below industry standard while raises and promotions are very rare (they like to hire outside resources rather than promote internally).
    - RAPP does company-wide layoffs on an annual basis. They prefer to call it a "realignment".
    - The strategy department runs the show much to the chagrin of the rest of the agency, which leads a lot of passive-agressive infighting.
    - Overall the agency lacks identity, a committed client base, and is in a state of constant restructure.
    - Talented professionals that come to work for RAPP are often undervalued and generally do not stay with the company for very long.

Implement an agency structure that makes sense for all of RAPP's departments as well as the types of work that they produce and stick with it. Give a voice to the people that actually spend the time and do the work instead of talking over them or ignoring/patronizing them. Your illusion of transparency with your employees is just that, an illusion, and everyone knows it.

Great place to enjoy a work/life balance

I worked at RAPP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This agency seems to respect a work/life balance
    Vacation (and sick) days are respected
    While there is no official comp day policy, most managers will let you take comp days
    Of all the agencies in the industry I've worked, I've had the fewest late nights here
    The benefits package is pretty good
    The strategy group seems to run the show (pro if you're in strategy)
    For the most part, people seem to genuinely get along
    It's usually easy to leave work stress at the office and not let it take over your home life

Cons

Maybe I'm spoiled, but salaries here are on the low side and seem to be slow to rise
    They tend to frequently redefine who they are, making it tricky to really know what they stand for
    The strategy group seems to run the show (con if you're not in strategy)
    You will frequently feel like you're just doing a job instead of great work

Reward the people who do the work, not the people who take credit for other's work. You have a ton of talented, dedicated workers who are overworked, overloaded and greatly under appreciated and far too many people skating by by taking credit for workplace the hard working people are doing.

Drowning in a sea of mediocrity

I have been working at RAPP

Pros

A FEW talented people here and there. But they will be gone soon.

Cons

Lack of leadership. Inability to sell and produce good work.

Choose a direction. Provide a service.

Worked for RAPP? Contribute to the Community!