RB

RB Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

RB CEO Rakesh Kapoor

Rakesh Kapoor

Pros:
  • "Its fast paced, rapidly changing, continuously innovating and pushing things forward"
    in 38 reviews
  • "Fast paced, busy, good colleagues, good career opportunities especially if you want to travel"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "no work/life balance - the scope pushed into the roles is bigger than I've seen before elsewhere"
    in 52 reviews
  • "No work/life balance what so ever"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to learn, but not for everyone

ProsVery open to allowing employees to undertake their own projects in various areas. Culture is strong and carefully maintained, so employees who work for the company generally enjoy being there.

ConsPractically zero instruction of guidance in favor of a learn-by-doing approach for new hires, but this can be circumvented by seeking out assistance from colleagues, who are always helpful and have been through the same learning process themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if comprehensive training is not made available, at least have more initiation procedures pointing new hires to what they must learn/train for and where

Great Company, Great Culture

Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee)
    Parsippany, NJ

ProsThe company has created an excellent work environment in which you take on responsibilities from the start that you would not have the opportunity to in other companies until you have been there a few years. This creates an innovative entrepreneur work environment .

ConsThe intrapreneur work environment is not a good fit for everyone, you must be disciplined and know what needs to be done as you are watched over like you would be in other companies.

Exciting, great place to work, fast paced, a truly roller coaster ride

Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsFast paced, ownership from day 1, extremely entrepreneurial culture. if you enjoy challenges, then RB is the place to work. Every day offers new opportunities and challenges, where you have the space to manage your own business. it is a truly global company that offers global careers!

Consat times it is chaotic and short term. Not for everyone, only people that can deal with ambiguity and thrive on challenges can survive at RB. Because of the lean structures, there could be more work load, but then it also gives you more empowerment and opportunity to create a difference

Advice to Senior Managementwe need to have more long term perspective and invest in upgrading leadership capabiities

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kick- Start a Career in FMCG

Corporate Marketing Brand (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsRB is a great company to learn the basic of modern FMCG because it embodies itself the features of this industry. Its fast paced, rapidly changing, continuously innovating and pushing things forward. If you are looking for action and speed, then this is the place for you.
     My internship with RB turned out to be a very rewarding experience that made me grew up quickly as a professional: I learnt how to be efficient and organized. My job was very challenging and always at its maximum speed because projects change continuously to adapt to the urging business needs.
    I was very lucky because I was working with senior people (SVP level) and able to learn a lot from them. I am sure that this exposure will make a huge different in my future career, because I could learn from excellent marketers and communicators experts.
    Even though I was an intern I always felt that my team was warm with me and made all the necessary arrangements to be supportive when needed. I was given very high responsibilities from the very beginning but nobody ever blamed me when something went wrong.

ConsRB is not for everyone as it has a performance oriented and demanding culture. You can either be very successful inside the company and stay for a long time or leave quickly. You need to have a passion for what you do because this will be the main driver of your growth.
    You also need to be fearless to some extent because sometimes you’ll need to make big decision quickly with the limited information available. If you like challenges and want to go out from your comfort zone, then you will find it motivating. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign the type of person you want in your company to your current HR requirements in order to have a better candidate pool and diminish turnover rate.

I can say learning wise it is best and also challenging career

Territory In Charge (Current Employee)
    Hyderābād (India)

ProsThe kind of roles people will play will teach you to stay hungry in terms of career

ConsSystems are missing particularly in India in terms of personal growth for people

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the people management and HR functions as people oriented . Clear path should be given to Management students .

Senior System Analyst

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Parsippany, NJ

ProsDiverse & challenging work, nice people.

ConsLack of growth, too many systems

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Big challenges, big rewards

Demand Planner (Current Employee)
    Paris (France)

Pros- you’ll really make the difference from day one
    - nice salary if compared to market's benchmark
    - multicultural environment
    - global career

Cons- tight deadlines
    - complex business environment

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in training

good

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Newark, DE

Prosbenfits were good , very good company to work for.

Consmanagement style was not professional ,may cold have been my manager.

Advice to Senior Managementcommutate better with the sales reps

Challenging, multi-role player, and fun

ABM (Current Employee)
    Beijing, Beijing (China)

Prosyou can engage with more than one dpt. and have fun. suitable for self-motivated people.

Conssometimes you need patience and keep your own pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementRest well.

assistant brand manager

Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsInternational enviroment, great brand portfolio, unique company culture, challenging, rewarding, possibility to interact with senior management

Conslocation is not in city center

Worked for RB? Contribute to the Community!

RB Videos

RB – Why Work for Us?

RB is different: ‘good enough’ isn’t good enough here. Every day, across 60 countries, we strive to find even better ways to give people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes. If it’s tried and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RB CEO Rakesh Kapoor. All 294 reviews posted anonymously by RB employees.