RB Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
3.1

RB CEO Rakesh Kapoor
Rakesh Kapoor

Pros
  • What I love about RB is the fast-paced environment and my complete business ownership (in 44 reviews)

• From day one you are put on deep waters, thus you learn a lot in a short time (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • no work/life balance - the scope pushed into the roles is bigger than I've seen before elsewhere (in 60 reviews)

• Extremely challenging-No work life balance-Immense pressure (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Really own your part of the business

Current Employee - Marketing in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at RB full-time

Pros

Versus peers at other companies, at every level you have the opportunity for more responsibility, experience and greater voice in terms of what should be done. If you have a good idea, backed with clear and simple rationale you will get to do it - and show the impact of what your ideas have brought to the business - this is the fuel that will keep you wanting more in RB

Cons

If you can be self-motivated by the opportunities presented as outlined above you will fly. If you are looking for anything else you wont.

As the business grows, don't allow processes to slow down the impact we can have on the market

For the ambitious: A compromise worth making

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at RB full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Unparalleled individual ownership working on category leading brands - the platform and resource is there for you to perform and showcase to senior management what you can do. But you need to be a self starter and grab the opportunities yourself; these are the people that thrive at RB ... if you demonstrate the right can-do attitude and perform well you are rewarded well with great progression in turn.

Cons

Few clear internal processes can make getting thing done challenging at best and chaotic at worst... however if you have the right attitude you will take this in your stride by focusing on what you need to achieve. Would rather this way then being shackled by internal process.
    Work loads are tough and, if you are contentious, your work life balance will suffer. However if you are career driven it is a compromise worth making as the reward are there providing you are someone who can turn hard work and effort into performance

Need to work harder to join up the different departments to get alignment across accounts, trade, category and marketing. too often are objectives and projects at odds/ambiguous leading to completely unnecessary complication/frustration and ambiguity of what exactly is trying to be achieved.

Great Brands, People and Culture.

I have been working at RB full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Strong and compelling vision articluated clearly by senior management.
    First class agility in all aspects of the business.
    Huge focus on individual ownership & contribution - if you peform well you are rewarded in turn.
    Unique culture of competitive and caring people.
    Internal opportunities for new roles or relocation are frequent and well supported.

Cons

Pace and change doesn't suit everyone.
    Expectations to deliver, outperform and win is relentless.
    Internal alignment and integration of sales, marketing and channel management needs improvement.

Real ownership, real impact

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at RB full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I read the Glassdoor reviews almost 3.5 years ago before joining RB. Knowing no company is perfect I was willing to take on the extra responsibility (and maybe lack of process/balance) to enjoy a dynamic, non-bureaucratic, and results oriented global organization. That is exactly what I got. Two countries and three roles later I've been stretched as individual, added value back to the organization, and worked with some great people.

Cons

Being dynamic sometimes means being reactive. It's a double edge sword. It's a competitive advantage in terms of reacting to competitor and consumer needs, but as an employee (especially one that likes to be organized and in control) you can find it hard to plan and execute in the more formal sense. You need be comfortable with ambiguity and quick decision making.

There should be a broader perspective on what good leadership looks like and take the time to celebrate successes.

challenging yet great place to work for

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at RB full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

strategic agility, driven, good benefits package, quick moves, interantional moves

Cons

limited personal growth, may not pay well, limited options

Good place to learn, but not for everyone

I have been working at RB as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very open to allowing employees to undertake their own projects in various areas. Culture is strong and carefully maintained, so employees who work for the company generally enjoy being there.

Cons

Practically zero instruction of guidance in favor of a learn-by-doing approach for new hires, but this can be circumvented by seeking out assistance from colleagues, who are always helpful and have been through the same learning process themselves.

Even if comprehensive training is not made available, at least have more initiation procedures pointing new hires to what they must learn/train for and where

Great Company, Great Culture

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Team Lead in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at RB full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has created an excellent work environment in which you take on responsibilities from the start that you would not have the opportunity to in other companies until you have been there a few years. This creates an innovative entrepreneur work environment .

Cons

The intrapreneur work environment is not a good fit for everyone, you must be disciplined and know what needs to be done as you are watched over like you would be in other companies.

Exciting, great place to work, fast paced, a truly roller coaster ride

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at RB full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, ownership from day 1, extremely entrepreneurial culture. if you enjoy challenges, then RB is the place to work. Every day offers new opportunities and challenges, where you have the space to manage your own business. it is a truly global company that offers global careers!

Cons

at times it is chaotic and short term. Not for everyone, only people that can deal with ambiguity and thrive on challenges can survive at RB. Because of the lean structures, there could be more work load, but then it also gives you more empowerment and opportunity to create a difference

we need to have more long term perspective and invest in upgrading leadership capabiities

Kick- Start a Career in FMCG

Former Employee - Corporate Marketing Brand in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Corporate Marketing Brand in London, England (UK)

I worked at RB as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

RB is a great company to learn the basic of modern FMCG because it embodies itself the features of this industry. Its fast paced, rapidly changing, continuously innovating and pushing things forward. If you are looking for action and speed, then this is the place for you.
     My internship with RB turned out to be a very rewarding experience that made me grew up quickly as a professional: I learnt how to be efficient and organized. My job was very challenging and always at its maximum speed because projects change continuously to adapt to the urging business needs.
    I was very lucky because I was working with senior people (SVP level) and able to learn a lot from them. I am sure that this exposure will make a huge different in my future career, because I could learn from excellent marketers and communicators experts.
    Even though I was an intern I always felt that my team was warm with me and made all the necessary arrangements to be supportive when needed. I was given very high responsibilities from the very beginning but nobody ever blamed me when something went wrong.

Cons

RB is not for everyone as it has a performance oriented and demanding culture. You can either be very successful inside the company and stay for a long time or leave quickly. You need to have a passion for what you do because this will be the main driver of your growth.
    You also need to be fearless to some extent because sometimes you’ll need to make big decision quickly with the limited information available. If you like challenges and want to go out from your comfort zone, then you will find it motivating. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Align the type of person you want in your company to your current HR requirements in order to have a better candidate pool and diminish turnover rate.

I can say learning wise it is best and also challenging career

Current Employee - Territory In Charge in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Territory In Charge in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at RB full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The kind of roles people will play will teach you to stay hungry in terms of career

Cons

Systems are missing particularly in India in terms of personal growth for people

Keep the people management and HR functions as people oriented . Clear path should be given to Management students .