RB

RB Reviews in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 27, 2014

RB CEO Rakesh Kapoor

Rakesh Kapoor

Pros
  • Its fast paced, rapidly changing, continuously innovating and pushing things forward (in 41 reviews)

• Good career opportunities in general (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • no work/life balance - the scope pushed into the roles is bigger than I've seen before elsewhere (in 54 reviews)

• No work/life balance what so ever (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights
44 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

challenging yet great place to work for

Brand Manager (Current Employee) Slough, Buckinghamshire, South East England, England (UK)

Prosstrategic agility, driven, good benefits package, quick moves, interantional moves

Conslimited personal growth, may not pay well, limited options

You get out what you put in

Senior Brand Manager (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsIncredible opportunities to develop on the job. Complete meritocracy, with those who buy into the culture & values generally rewarded with progression upon delivering success.

ConsSometimes too fast paced for more junior team members. Expectations are built that people will move roles every 12 months. A lot of RB grads can find themselves in senior roles by their late 20s and if they haven't developed a maturity, they will become ineffectual and in turn frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the exceptional senior leadership, but be careful in giving a little too much too soon to the less experienced

Aggressively profit driven; cares far more about output than it does its employees

Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsPay is okay, and better if you're willing to work shifts. Work is interesting, and plenty of training is provided. Opportunities for advancement do exist.

ConsThe culture at RB is dominated by short-term thinking. When problems arise, the only solution that is considered is one that provides an immediate short term fix. The factory managers can be very demanding, often wanting results "yesterday", and frequently resort to threats when they can't get their way. Very little thanks are given when thing go well, so our primary motivation is to avoid a rollocking. Morale is rock-bottom.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe bonus for the majority of staff is extremely poor, and should not be determined on unachievable targets. Bonuses are an extremely effective way to boost morale, and the company should consider them a little more generously. It doesn't help matters when you consistently award yourself a nice tidy sum every year.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Global role

Global Senior Band Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood opportunity for global project management

ConsPoor management, need to develop support of the team

Senior Brand Manager

Prosownership
    level of responsibilities
    fast track promotions

Consthough work/ life balance
    agressive culture

Sales Analyst

Sales Analyst (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsFast paced, good reputable company

ConsNo formal training, under staffed

Challenging but rewarding

ProsGreat exposure and opportunities to move around the business quickly if you're capable. Challenging and varied work that pushes you every day. Driven and ambitious colleagues!

ConsLack of consistency across sites/departments and lacking the processes to improve upon this. Too much focus on individual performance over the success of the business.

I love working at RB!

ProsGreat company to work for, good colleagues, good pay and location.

ConsYou have to work hard and longer hours.

Very long hours, high pressure from managers, most staff junior and moves out after 2 years

Sales and Trade Marketing (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsBig player in Healthcare and Household, looks good on CV. Never feel bored, plenty work daily. Opportunity to make a difference if in higher management roles, reacts quickly to market needs in marketing roles

Cons80% work is urgent, load of work is imense, 10-12h/day plus weekends. Lean culture responsabilizes employees to a degree that they dont have. Managers rely on employees to provide all the answers.No involvement in meetings no alignment in strategy. Marketing focused missing sales, supply and trade marketing expertise and capacity to step change the game with retailers. Culture not friendly, dont have time to communicate, there are only initiatives are towards empowerment of male bonding: soccer. Managers treat others very poorly, no respect. "Interns" culture. Poor motivation around.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture of too much rotation of people is poor to retain expertise and best practise. More coaching out of managers needed. More concern with happy place to work environment. Poor recognition.

The highest highs and the lowest lows

Marketing (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsThe pace
    The people who are bright and driven and want to do a great job
    Ownership and autonomy - you can really make a difference
    International opportunities
    Speed of progression

ConsLimited training
    Tough culture
    Aggressive culture is encouraged

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove your management of people tommies the good ones in the business for longer

Worked for RB? Contribute to the Community!