RBA
www.rbaconsulting.com Wayzata, MN 150 to 499 Employees

RBA Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Rick Born

Work with a great group of professionals

I have been working at RBA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRBA is winning working work that has provided me very challenging but really interesting work. The team members that I have worked with have been smart and very willing to dig in and get the job done. That part of the work has been awesome.

ConsWhile some of the organization changes have been challenging, I believe they have been well aligned to the direction of the company and its growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep recognizing employees for their great work and contribution, support us in delighting the customer and the rest should work out really well.

Its OK

I have been working at RBA

ProsGood Culture, good technical talent

ConsPay not good, very secretive management, no carrier path, perception plays important role.

Good opportunity if you can handle the consultant lifestyle

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at RBA full-time for more than a year

ProsPay is competitive. Most consultants are really on their A game. It's a big growth opportunity if you can stick it out. Great work environment when you're actually at the office.

ConsRBA is trying to be more corporate than it needs to be. There's too much management. While trying to grow into a bigger company, the focus on technology has taken the back seat. Management reorganizes every 3 months, but consultants do the same work regardless. In 2014, they essentially took away overtime for those working extra hours. There are often involuntary PTO days if you can't bill your client. They are stingy with holidays (only 5 last year).

Advice to Senior ManagementYour consultants are the core of your company. Trust them. You don't need more management- your consultants are the breadwinners. When you add more structure and process to your organization, you become less efficient and versatile and end up losing out on some sales because you are pricing yourself out of so many deals. You are only as good as your consultants, no matter how many times you reorganize management. Invest in your employees' training and benefits, and they will go to war for RBA.

Stop cutting your benefits each year (revenue sharing this year). You are really hurting employee loyalty.

The President's club and partner group are good ideas for recognition, but why not offer partnership to all employees that have put in some level of service? By honoring just a few, you are really missing out on a great opportunity to give your other employees a real level of ownership and pride in RBA.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people doing great work

Mid-level Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at RBA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRBA offers the right combination of challenging work, career growth, tangible rewards and plentiful opportunities to have fun with your coworkers and your families. I have often referred RBA to friends. People at RBA really care about doing the best work for their clients.

ConsNone, really. RBA leaders work very hard - they believe in the vision of this company and put forth the effort so it will reach its potential. To be successful at RBA, you must share a similar work hard, play hard mindset. If you don't, it may not be a fit for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs RBA grows, don't lose the entrepreneurial culture that has made the company successful so far.

RBA... a place to belong

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at RBA full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFamily Friendly. Genuine. Innovative. Strong leadership.

ConsI honestly can't think of any. I really beleive in the direction of the company and their commitment to being the best at what they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep thinking BIG!

Great place to grow

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at RBA full-time for more than 5 years

ProsRBA is a consultant focused company full of talented technologists. Experienced and dedicated leaders have worked hard to build a strong foundation for success. With a focus on engaging employees and fosting an unique and fun employment experience, working at RBA is both challenging and rewarding. I have made more friends than colleagues over the years.

ConsI have witnessed a few growing pains around process, but at the end of the day, this is a company of good people doing good work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on engaging employees to build a better company.

Five years and going strong...

Wayzata, MN

I have been working at RBA full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI have been with RBA for five years, and have been very impressed with the growth and the decisions that have been made to get where the company is today. They have put the right people in place to continue to support an exceptional organization. RBA has managed to keep the caliber of people very high and have not lowered standards.

ConsWorking for a consulting company, you are working at the client site. The commute is dependent on where the client is located so it's not always convenient.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to continue to make employees feel part of the organization as the company continues to grow and expand.

Opportunity and Challenge

I have been working at RBA full-time for more than a year

ProsSince starting at RBA, I've been given outstanding opportunities to continue to grow as a professional. The work has been both challenging and rewarding. The team that I work with feels like a family. And we have a lot of fun together.

ConsWe are all invested in exceeding our customer's expectations, so deadlines can be pressing at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe appreciate the open door policy. Employees have a voice at this organization.

It's good to be with a company where the grass is actually 'greener'

I have been working at RBA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsRBA allows me to feel part of something bigger and better. I like coming to work! I am challenged, I have a great team of colleagues... it's an open forum for ideas and creativity! We have fun!!!! My company cares about the things I care about and is very involved in the community.

ConsSometimes there are the pains of a small company and it's processes-- but it's not really a con- as larger companies don't allow rules to bend or unique situations to determine a more creative outcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose sight of the unique culture we have. Continue to engage-- and be present. One of the best things about the company is that we have a really awesome Management Team and we like when they are around!!!!

Awesome place to call home!

Dallas, TX

I have been working at RBA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFamily atmosphere; caring management; smart, driven employees; growth opportunities. Most everyone has a vested interest in making RBA Dallas successful and continuing to be recognized as one of the best places to work in the area. We continue to add additional service offerings in the Microsoft stack. Have made big strides in 2013 around office space investment, charitable participation and giving, team building and overall professional development.

ConsOften there are challenges associated with growing a new business in a new geography...not enough internal support staff, lots of hard work, etc. However, this generates a lot of opportunity to make an impact and difference. Need to continue to hire employees who are driven and motivated and willing to invest in making it successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue open, honest communication with employees.

Worked for RBA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RBA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for RBA CEO Rick Born. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by RBA employees.