RBC Dexia

Updated May 22, 2014

Not yet rated.

RBC Dexia CEO Doug McGregor

Doug McGregor

Pros
  • Compensations are nice and work environment was nice(in 5 reviews)

• Good work life balance, able to work shift hours so can get in and out early or what ever suits you(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • it would be nice to see senior management invest in their staff more(in 4 reviews)

• They tried to outsource all the jobs to Malaysia without getting the OK from the regulator or from the clients(in 2 reviews)

Good Place to begin Career...

Tech Support (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people are good to work with. Lot's of industry experience and willingness to train and teach Junior Staff. Work environment pace very fast.

ConsLimited upward promotability. Unable to advance as area always looking to outsiders to bring in expertise. Once bitten / twice shy / three strikes and I was out...

Advice to Senior ManagementOffice is small, opportunities limited. Noticed lots of externals coming into organization into Senior positions. A little un-motivating as you don't want to try hard to work due to lack of recognition

Can seem directionless...

Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe groups are relatively small which means you get to know your team and in most instances Senior Managers relatively easily

ConsUncoordinated efforts and mismanagement in general leads to a lot of wasted effort and underutilized staff

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline and focus on strategic initiatives and have your managers utilize staff better ensuring they are recognized for their work

frustrating and demotivating

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosgood location close to financial core

ConsDisorganized management, excessive meetings, poor vision, exploitive managerial techniques, unhappy staff

Advice to Senior Managementneeds better vision to manage personnel more humanely

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great bunch of employees, terrible management (most of them are gone now)

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsUnder the old management, spending was out of control, no clear direction

Now under RBC, it's integration pain, but should be much better with RBC management

ConsJob loss, Treatment of RBC Dexia employees

Advice to Senior ManagementWhoever you are keeping, treat them well, not differently than other RBC employees

Good people, dying company

Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsGood people in some areas. Others are very self-serving and will try to palm off work to other areas and avoid any liability for mistakes or deliverables.

ConsPoorly paid. Not growing. Management seems intent in cutting off their nose to spite their face. A lack of investment in employees nd off-shoring is the wrong focus for client service and attracting new clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of sending roles overseas find some salespeople that can win new business.

Depressing experience, I really saw how NOT to run a company

Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) Z├╝rich (Switzerland)

Prossome nice people but most of them have quit over the last 6 months

Cons-Poor Salary
    -Extremely bad management
    -French Mafia, if you aren't French then you have no chance in this company. Basically all the French speakers have been sent out to all the other branches from Luxembourg and have their own little clique. If you don't speak French then you have no chance to go any where in this company. They look out for each other and persecute the others.
    -They tried to outsource all the jobs to Malaysia without getting the OK from the regulator or from the clients!!! Since then this company has gotten worse and worse.
    -There is a hiring stop in Zürich and lots of people have quit, those that are left have to do more and more work, who in turn also get tired and also quit!!

Advice to Senior Management-Be honest
    -Hire some good workers who speak more than one language!
    -Listen to your workers we deal with the clients everyday we know what they want

Pretty good experience on a challenging global project, but too many hands steering the ship.

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsStrong PMO approach, methodology, etc. Development of standards, templates, processes, auditing etc. were still in progress but on the right track.

ConsThe IT teams are very fragmented, making collaboration very challenging. There were too many hands steering the ship on a global project, several changes in the management and operational teams, and a lack of willingness to deal with poor vendor performance.

RBC Dexia work experience

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prossenior management leadership skills are not the best

ConsNot worse work life balance

Company in transition

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe Senior Managers and Directors of the area I was in are professional and approachable. They created an environment that was positive despite the turmoil created by the uncertainty of the future of RBC Dexia in Toronto.

ConsThe project was extremely segmented with management in Luxembourg. Communication was spotty at best thus a lot of down time waiting for deliverables from other teams. Team managers were great but project management was terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould assign Project Managers who have some understanding of the application will be helpful

Very focused on the clients

Supervisor (Former Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsCollaborative team environment, all ideas are listened to and considered.

ConsSometimes the hours are very long to deliver what the client needs. Are to advance within the company without moving to another country.

Worked for RBC Dexia? Contribute to the Community!