RBC Dexia

Updated May 22, 2014

Not yet rated.

RBC Dexia CEO Doug McGregor

Doug McGregor

Pros
  • Compensations are nice and work environment was nice(in 5 reviews)

• Good work life balance, able to work shift hours so can get in and out early or what ever suits you(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • it would be nice to see senior management invest in their staff more(in 4 reviews)

• They tried to outsource all the jobs to Malaysia without getting the OK from the regulator or from the clients(in 2 reviews)

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Pretty good experience on a challenging global project, but too many hands steering the ship.

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsStrong PMO approach, methodology, etc. Development of standards, templates, processes, auditing etc. were still in progress but on the right track.

ConsThe IT teams are very fragmented, making collaboration very challenging. There were too many hands steering the ship on a global project, several changes in the management and operational teams, and a lack of willingness to deal with poor vendor performance.

Can seem directionless...

Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe groups are relatively small which means you get to know your team and in most instances Senior Managers relatively easily

ConsUncoordinated efforts and mismanagement in general leads to a lot of wasted effort and underutilized staff

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline and focus on strategic initiatives and have your managers utilize staff better ensuring they are recognized for their work

frustrating and demotivating

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosgood location close to financial core

ConsDisorganized management, excessive meetings, poor vision, exploitive managerial techniques, unhappy staff

Advice to Senior Managementneeds better vision to manage personnel more humanely

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great bunch of employees, terrible management (most of them are gone now)

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsUnder the old management, spending was out of control, no clear direction

Now under RBC, it's integration pain, but should be much better with RBC management

ConsJob loss, Treatment of RBC Dexia employees

Advice to Senior ManagementWhoever you are keeping, treat them well, not differently than other RBC employees

RBC Dexia work experience

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prossenior management leadership skills are not the best

ConsNot worse work life balance

Company in transition

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe Senior Managers and Directors of the area I was in are professional and approachable. They created an environment that was positive despite the turmoil created by the uncertainty of the future of RBC Dexia in Toronto.

ConsThe project was extremely segmented with management in Luxembourg. Communication was spotty at best thus a lot of down time waiting for deliverables from other teams. Team managers were great but project management was terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould assign Project Managers who have some understanding of the application will be helpful

Not too many positives.

Client Service Representative (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood bunch of people to work with.

Cons- Bad middle management. Most middle management
    - No real industry standard process in place.
    - Promises are made but not kept.
    - Amongst the staff work isn't distributed equally. For e.g. In a group of 20 employees they are only 5 employees who really put in 100%, off the remaining 15, 10 will put in 60% to 70% and the remaining 5 will put in 20% to 40%.. This means the 5 strong employees are carrying the weight/slack of the rest of the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire more qualified manager who are not just people manager but who can also chip in and help out from time to time and understand the business and client needs.

Investment Banker

Investment Banker (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCompensations are nice and work environment was nice. Got to deal with a lot of interesting and fun people and traders. Nice desk and friendly environment

ConsThe hours and work times are very bad. Well you are expected to work 12 hours days and usually 7 days a week. I guess everything makes up for the high compensation

Good, but could be better

Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood people trying to work as best they can with what management empower them with

ConsPoor compensation and recognition and poor empowerment

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage more employee initiatives and try to give employees more freedom to work the way they want to.

Good but no challenging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsWork and life balance. People are friendly.

ConsPayment is just so so.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for RBC Dexia? Contribute to the Community!