RBS Citizens

RBS Citizens – “RBS”

RBS Citizens – “RBS”

RBS Citizens CEO Ellen Alemany

Ellen Alemany

Pros
  • The 9 to 5 shifts allow for a good work/life balance, and teams are very tightly knit for the most part (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits, flexible with scheduling, a lot of different career path/opportunities, promotes within a lot (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance for managers (in 4 reviews)

• I worked in a low volume branch, and sales goals were always impossible to reach (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

RBS Citizens

Business Systems Analyst, IV Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Cranston, RI

Pros- Live close by
    - Wonderful people
    - Wonderful atmosphere
    - Good diversity (maybe not as good as other major banks), specially in this center
    -Can work from home (a recent thing)
    - No Strict Corporate Dress culture, No Mandatory suit and tie, just normal attire

Cons- Salaries are low range
    - See a lot of "promotion by incompetence"
    - Too much politics
    - To even think about optimizing simple process, you have to show funding
    - The IT is for large processes, there is nothing for medium and small
    - Too many silos
    - It is normal to be developing a process and not even know someone has already done it in another department
    - No central center to see what each department does
    - Only knowledge retained is from prior work with other departments
    - No one cares about Tribal Knowledge or even tries to capture before letting go of someone
    - Upper management is trying to keep their job, they don't want to rock the boat
    - A great process improvement could sit there for years, no one would care , s[specially the upper management
    - The only way you move up or get a better pay is by getting another position internally, that's it.
    - You will be spending a lot time on HR website looking for a job, prepping up your resume, browsing Indeed

Advice to Senior Management- Listen to your people
    - Take a lot of notes
    - Listen to them before they stop caring and leave for another job
    - Find out what every department does, a process
    - Put a central

An okay place to work.

Banker (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsDecent pay and great benefits. Tuition reimbursement was awesome. The products are pretty standard and easy to sell, and there are great resources to use when in need.

ConsI worked in a low volume branch, and sales goals were always impossible to reach. There was no way to move up in the company unless you were a favorite of the regional manager.

Teller

ProsIt's a good start carrier for college graduate or part time job while you are still in college. People that I work with are wonderful.

ConsPay is low, you have to work very hard to get a bonus (they are very small for tellers) and work is getting very robotic lately, a lot of cranky customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great benefits, horrible company!

Business Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) Bridgeport, CT

ProsThe benefits are better than many other companies, also they take tenure very seriously.

ConsIf you have kids, they dont care about your personal life or unexpected life events. Management expects for you to be there no matter what even if you are sick.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourself in other people's shoes before you judge others. People out there have families and have jobs to support their families. Take into consideration the productivity of the employee instead of judging why they are absent or going thru something unexpectedly.

great bank

Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) Warwick, RI

ProsGreat job working with many internal and external customers. Pay is desirable.

ConsThe bonus structure is hard to meet due to the low housing market and file delivery is equal so there is not much of a chance to meet bonuses until the housing market comes back around.

Descending the moral ladder.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people. Solid benefits and the best time away policies I've ever seen.

ConsExec management is under extreme pressure to I PO and is making irrational choices such as let's tell the staff we are going to outsource but expect them to help relocate ou r data center.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a strategy. Any strategy and stick with it.

Sr Quantitative Business Analyst

Senior Quantitative Analyst (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

Prosgood work culture, flexible hours

Consno bonus, less visibility, too much bureaucracy

Advice to Senior Managementgive more visibility and reduce bureaucreacy

It has been a learning exp

Banker I (Current Employee) Washington, PA

Prospto days and holidays off benefits are fairly good, there is a lot of training, that you go to, and the
    trainers are knowledgeable

Conschecking account goals for new to bank customers are very high and you do not get bonuses if
    do not meet the high number they give you

Mortgage Loan Processor

Loan Processor (Former Employee) Warwick, RI

ProsThis is a very stable company, the colleagues are very friendly and helpful. Management works just as hard as you do and they are visible to you. They take your suggestions to heart, researches them out and if found to be worthy of implementation will do it. The benefits are good locations are good with on site food prep cafeterias. They look to promote within, encourages you to exceed and provide training when they feel it is needed. A great place to work.

ConsParking can be a challenge at some locations, you should time your arrival accordingly, schedule out of office appointments late in the day to make it easier to get a spot.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe work spaces could be a little bigger to accommodate the staff, with partial dividers.

Too many changes too fast

Teller (Current Employee) Woonsocket, RI

ProsCustomers are great, makes day go by faster

ConsMGT needs help, company doesn't encourage promoting from within. HR and MGT are not on the same page, very strict dress code.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you know an employee wants to advance, go out of your way to help them immediately if they deserve it, not watch them get turned down time and time again.

Worked for RBS Citizens? Contribute to the Community!