RBS Greenwich Capital

Not yet rated.

RBS Greenwich Capital Group Chief Executive Ross McEwan

Ross McEwan

28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It has been one of uncertainty.

Analyst (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsThe people you meet. We are all trying to the make of best of some very difficult cirmcumstances. Something that can be lost on managemnet. It's not what you know but who you know.

ConsSalaries aren't great. No bonus for last four years.

Good place to work, only downside is pay is a little less competitive

Analyst (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsThe pros are the Culture, Opportunity

ConsThe on is that the Pay isn't as competitive

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better instead of trying to add creative ways to give back - this will make everyone happier

This was not at all a positive experience

Vice President (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsWork / Life balance is pretty good. Nice building and decent cafeteria. Company was smart enough to limit their exposure to areas of competence. They exited businesses where the risk was higher than they wanted.

ConsI wanted to leave within 2 months of arriving. There are so many issues with their infrastructure that trying to fix them will only temporarily alleviate them. Requires an overhaul. I was meant to address many of these gaps and didnt realize that they had been known problems for years, and were not or could be fixed. many of the people there had been in their roles for too long. They are unwilling to change things to improve, only stick with what they know works

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and address the problems.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Used to be good, now terrible

Vice President (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsBenefits are good, nice work environment. Fairly good technology, convenient location if you live in Fairfield or Westchester county.

ConsThey are bleeding money and talent. I highly doubt they will even have an investment bank presence in the Americas within five years. There are no pay raises or bonuses. The head of RBS Americas is terrible. They are being out competed on every product except MBS, and that is just reliant on FED buying of their product which will probably end. High turnover at all levels. Complete unknown on future strategy or outlook.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think there is advice to give as management changes so quickly. The ones in RBS Amercias aren't worth what they are paid.

Horrible place to work.

Vice President (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsNice looking building. Decent cafeteria.

ConsBack stabbing environment. Everyone expecting to get laid off. Company in trouble and nobody's safe.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose up shop and go back to the UK

No one liked working there.

Associate (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsDecent people and training. Reasonable base salary.

ConsIn general, I saw low job satisfaction and no real relationship between effort or success and reward. There was no real potential for bonus and the company is still in the middle of reducing headcount.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs more transparency, especially in regard to bonuses and salary. Saying its a meritocracy and being a meritocracy are very different things. Also, culture cannot be created by saying "this is our culture now" no matter how many emails you send. It just doesn't work that way. Get rid of extra layers of bureaucracy and promote a flatter organization. The entire company is afraid of HR.

Great place to work at

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsWork done is appreciated and the management provides an opportunity for you to take charge and get things done!

ConsOpen seating proves detrimental to work and privacy..

General Accounting & Travel Entertainment Analyst

General Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsI was truly blessed in be involved a successful investment banking firm for almost 20 years. I able to meet many amazing people, and the relationship will continue after I left the firm.

ConsI feel disappointed my position relocated to Utah. I able to trained the new people for 3 weeks.
    I wish them well.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish the Senior Management was more open to the job situation.

Disfunction-a-plenty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsVery short commute, i live in the area

Conssenior management hires people without looking into backgrounds. regulatory (banking and federal) violations get swept under the rug. Compliance functions are not taken seriously - they are run by project people (that are basically temps) who don't know the rules and have no relevant backgrounds. Their biggest talents are looking busy and checking project plan boxes.

Advice to Senior Managementwake up and clean house

Current Employee

Associate (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsNot a lot of pressure
    Big brand name

ConsNo career growth
    Management doesn't care about employees

Advice to Senior Managementplease provide training and try to retain experienced employees.

Worked for RBS Greenwich Capital? Contribute to the Community!