RBS Greenwich Capital

2.4

RBS Greenwich Capital Group Chief Executive Ross McEwan
Ross McEwan

29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It has been one of uncertainty.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Stamford, CT

I have been working at RBS Greenwich Capital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people you meet. We are all trying to the make of best of some very difficult cirmcumstances. Something that can be lost on managemnet. It's not what you know but who you know.

Cons

Salaries aren't great. No bonus for last four years.

Will RBS in stamford survive?

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Stamford, CT

I have been working at RBS Greenwich Capital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the building is nice and most of the people are great to work with
    cafeteria, coffee shop and convenience store in house are nice but prices are kind of high
    convenient location near the train station for nyc commute
    benefits are good and salary is good to start but lower than nyc
    good if you are starting out to get some experience in a bank

Cons

things are really bad in stamford now because everyone is getting laid off or leaving
    morale is very low and there are lots of empty seats
    after you are hired you won't ever get a raise or a bonus again and they don't tell you that before you start so people come for a few years and then leave because no bonus or increase
    with all of the people leaving you have to do even more work
    rumors are that they are shutting down salt lake city office and people are wondering if this company is going to survive at all

be honest with people when yhou hire them they they won't get an increase for years if at all
    stop changing your mind about business decisions you make and then reversing cause its hurting the company and morale
    cut all the senior managers who were responsible for the businness decisions youre now changing and get some new senior management with some better ideas if you can attract them

Good place to work, only downside is pay is a little less competitive

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Stamford, CT

I have been working at RBS Greenwich Capital full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros are the Culture, Opportunity

Cons

The on is that the Pay isn't as competitive

Pay your employees better instead of trying to add creative ways to give back - this will make everyone happier

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This was not at all a positive experience

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Vice President in Stamford, CT

I have been working at RBS Greenwich Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work / Life balance is pretty good. Nice building and decent cafeteria. Company was smart enough to limit their exposure to areas of competence. They exited businesses where the risk was higher than they wanted.

Cons

I wanted to leave within 2 months of arriving. There are so many issues with their infrastructure that trying to fix them will only temporarily alleviate them. Requires an overhaul. I was meant to address many of these gaps and didnt realize that they had been known problems for years, and were not or could be fixed. many of the people there had been in their roles for too long. They are unwilling to change things to improve, only stick with what they know works

Recognize and address the problems.

Used to be good, now terrible

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Vice President in Stamford, CT

I worked at RBS Greenwich Capital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are good, nice work environment. Fairly good technology, convenient location if you live in Fairfield or Westchester county.

Cons

They are bleeding money and talent. I highly doubt they will even have an investment bank presence in the Americas within five years. There are no pay raises or bonuses. The head of RBS Americas is terrible. They are being out competed on every product except MBS, and that is just reliant on FED buying of their product which will probably end. High turnover at all levels. Complete unknown on future strategy or outlook.

I don't think there is advice to give as management changes so quickly. The ones in RBS Amercias aren't worth what they are paid.

Horrible place to work.

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Vice President in Stamford, CT

I have been working at RBS Greenwich Capital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice looking building. Decent cafeteria.

Cons

Back stabbing environment. Everyone expecting to get laid off. Company in trouble and nobody's safe.

Close up shop and go back to the UK

No one liked working there.

Former Employee - Associate  in  Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Associate in Stamford, CT

I worked at RBS Greenwich Capital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent people and training. Reasonable base salary.

Cons

In general, I saw low job satisfaction and no real relationship between effort or success and reward. There was no real potential for bonus and the company is still in the middle of reducing headcount.

The company needs more transparency, especially in regard to bonuses and salary. Saying its a meritocracy and being a meritocracy are very different things. Also, culture cannot be created by saying "this is our culture now" no matter how many emails you send. It just doesn't work that way. Get rid of extra layers of bureaucracy and promote a flatter organization. The entire company is afraid of HR.

Great place to work at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at RBS Greenwich Capital as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work done is appreciated and the management provides an opportunity for you to take charge and get things done!

Cons

Open seating proves detrimental to work and privacy..

General Accounting & Travel Entertainment Analyst

Former Employee - General Accounting Analyst  in  Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - General Accounting Analyst in Stamford, CT

I worked at RBS Greenwich Capital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was truly blessed in be involved a successful investment banking firm for almost 20 years. I able to meet many amazing people, and the relationship will continue after I left the firm.

Cons

I feel disappointed my position relocated to Utah. I able to trained the new people for 3 weeks.
    I wish them well.

I wish the Senior Management was more open to the job situation.

Disfunction-a-plenty

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at RBS Greenwich Capital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very short commute, i live in the area

Cons

senior management hires people without looking into backgrounds. regulatory (banking and federal) violations get swept under the rug. Compliance functions are not taken seriously - they are run by project people (that are basically temps) who don't know the rules and have no relevant backgrounds. Their biggest talents are looking busy and checking project plan boxes.

wake up and clean house

Worked for RBS Greenwich Capital? Contribute to the Community!