RC Dolner Reviews

1.9
CEO

1. Started out great, but lost it's way

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at RC Dolner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This use to be a great company. Prior to the 2008 recession, this company was fantastic. Automatic raises, company outings, company jackets, bonuses, etc. But once the economy went downhill after 2008, the environment changed from a great place to a tense atmosphere. Now that the economy has improved again, it seems they never returned to it's original roots. A conversation with another former co-worker believes it's because now they know they could get away with not having any perks, so they continue the trend.

Cons

-No more automatic raises -Main office environment is all about work, no small talk or jokes made -From what I hear, they are still struggling for work

Advice to Management

Go back to your roots prior to 2008. The construction economy is good again so you should have no trouble getting jobs. If you are, then something is clearly wrong with your approach. Look closely at some of the social skills of the upper management. Clients have told me before that they couldn't stand certain upper management, which may be the reason why projects aren't being awarded to you.

2. Hostile work environment, abusive.

I have been working at RC Dolner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diversity in the workplace, occasionally learning something new

Cons

Terrible pay, horrible atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror

3. APM

Former Employee - APM in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - APM in Newark, NJ

I worked at RC Dolner full-time

Pros

You get to meet new people often.

Cons

Toxic environment , high stress

Advice to Management

No advice , they know better anyway.

5. 1970's Management Style

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at RC Dolner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They award an annual bonus at the end of the year based on performance. The bonus however, is paid over the next 4 quarters, so if you leave the company after 6 months. you forfeit your bonus. This was my first job as an APM out of college, I learned a lot, I didn't have a choice. Great Christmas parties too.

Cons

Management/owners employ a generally outdated management style that is sometimes abusive. Upper management is not open to ideas, they do not rely on the experience and expertise of those in the lower ranks. There are no women in management and the few who were hired and could have moved up were either laid off due to lack of work, or they quit out of frustration. Another con is annual bonuses awarded at Christmas are paid over the next 4 quarters. If you quit, you forfeit the remaining payments on your bonus.

Advice to Management

Management needs to put more focus on business development and marketing. Presentations to prospective clients is an embarrassment. They need to employ educated, resourceful and experienced people and open themselves to new ideas.

6. Very isolating, unable to learn or share new ideas that would have been benefical to the organization.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The most positive experience I had working at this organization was that my boss was an extremely understanding individual.

Cons

The downside was it was a very male dominating organization, my ideas went unnoticed and unheard and the organization was not ready for a woman to be in a leadership position.

Advice to Management

None.

RSS Feed </> Embed